When going CG...

INVUINVU Posts: 90Registered Users
Hey all you gorgeous curlies! I have a question about going CG please...I have used cones, xanes, etc...for many years and am wanting to go CG. Is there a product I should use first to "strip" my hair of all the cone buildup? I haven't used any cones since Sept. 19th but I'm not noticing much difference yet...or does it just take time?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• CaliforniaWavyCaliforniaWavy Posts: 158Registered Users
    Hi! I'm pretty new too, but what I've learned is that you will need to use a shampoo with sulfates in it to "strip" your hair of all the -cones and build-up. Most likely the shampoo that you were using before going CG has sulfates in it, so just check the ingredients. HTH!:profileright:
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CaliforniaWavy/

pw: wavy

Currently using:
    Wash/Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni TTT, Elucence MB
    Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
    Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
    Current Color: Salon highlights

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    That's about it except be sure the shampoo you use doesn't also have cones or xanes. Many of the ones designed for curly hair do.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • INVUINVU Posts: 90Registered Users
    Thanks for the replies! I just saw the wiki link someone posted in another thread...that pretty much explains it :laughing7: I hate the thought of "stripping" my hair tho...ugh. Oh well, I guess it has to be done...
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hello :) I would start out with coating w/condish then using a small amt of shampoo like maybe the size of a dime and not over-lather. After a few times of doing this go ahead and try the no-poo method and see how your hair looks! You may have to periodically low-poo on occasion depending on what you choose for products.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL!! What's up BFF?!? :)

Do you mean condish first then use a sulfate poo?
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    INVU wrote: »
    DEL!! What's up BFF?!? :)

Do you mean condish first then use a sulfate poo?
    Hey Girlfriend how's it goin in your neck of the woods ;-)

Yes condish first then some sulphate poo. I do think that Castille Soap does a great job too but initially you'll probably need a "Stripping"
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    OOoooohhh that can't be pretty...:sad3::afro:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file