clammy hands at interviews - help please!

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I have to go on job interviews and I'm always nervous and my hands "sweat" and get cold and clammy so I dread shaking hands. Anyone got any ideas? I'm actually thinking of heating a potato, wrapping it in paper toweling and sticking it in a plastic baggie to put in my purse which I would put my hands on to heat and dry them up just before I am to meet the interviewer. I get less nervous during the interview but at first it always happens. Thanks for any suggestions!!
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    They make portable heat packs that you could also use. People carry them when they're going to be outside for a while, such as when at football games, etc.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I wonder if putting anti-perspirant on your palms would work?
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks to both responders. I tried the antiperspirant - didn't work. Very odd! I'm going to try to purchase the portable heat packs. Anyway - I got the job! Thanks again.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The experts say in order to avoid cold hands, slip into the bathroom right before your interview and run warm water on the inside of your wrists. Dry them and skip off to your interview!

Don't skip. That could be a deal breaker with an employer.

• merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    You could also confess you're a little nervous.
    Wanting to do well isn't a bad thing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file