Are you psychic?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Or had any even slightly psychic experiences?
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not psychic at all, but I have learned to listen to my intuition more. Otherwise the only thing that happens is I will think or see something obscure and then moments later something related will come on the TV or radio. I don't think I have anything to do with that, just weird coincidences.

are you?? :)
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No, I'm not "psychic". I have experienced what some might call psychic phenomenon...but it was merely coincidence.
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had three different people tell me I'm psychic. I don't think I am psychic, but I have had my moments. I have made a few predictions that have come true.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    I've tried. It hasn't worked. :sad8:
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Piglet wrote: »
    I've had three different people tell me I'm psychic. I don't think I am psychic, but I have had my moments. I have made a few predictions that have come true.

Who told you you're psychic? Under what circumstances? I'm curious to know!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Piglet wrote: »

Who told you you're psychic? Under what circumstances? I'm curious to know!

Well, strictly speaking they told my mum. It was my grandmother (who is certainly not one for compliments), a friend of my mum's (whose mother was psychic and she has such leanings herself) and the mother of a friend of my mum's. I don't know how the conversations came about. I won't be able to guess what number you're thinking of, but I have predicted some things that in no way can be put down to coincidence.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    i'm not psychic. i'm just intuitive and trust my instincts.

i wasn't psychic when i told my husband that his brother was not going to be staying with us for just 3 days, but that 3 days would turn into 3 months and he'd still have no job and we'd have problems with him loafing around the house and spending what little money he had on hanging out with his friends. i was making a prediction of what we'd be going through based on my bil's past behavior and overall attitude. and it all came to pass.

i think that being psychic involves a miracle of foresight and knowledge of things, people, and events that are totally unrelated to your life and that you'd otherwise never have knowledge of.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • fpmonkee11fpmonkee11 Posts: 190Registered Users
    I'm not psychic, but I do have a lot of intuition/coincidence things.

My mom is freaky though. She used to get visits every now and then from my grandpa who died when I was about 1.

She told me that I used to tell her about times that I saw him (and I was about 2, too young to lie, but I don't remember).

Although that's not really psychic, more mediumistic I guess.
    6203750_bodyshot_175x233.gif
  • violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yup, I can sense bad things coming. I am trying to learn to listen to them more.

1) A few months ago...Had a nagging feeling that didn't go away for days to check my stop lights . I didn't check. I go get my oil changed and the 1rst thing the guy says..."Your brake lights are out".

2) My mom had a very bad disease - almost died. Had a nagging feeling she was in bad shape a few weeks before she went to the hospital.

3) Last week, again. Wake up...Think..I haven't checked my tires in a long time. Come out of work and there it is flat tire.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My mom believes I have tendencies, but I'm not sure I believe her. She believes in astrology and since I'm a Libra with Sagitarius rising she believes it.
    Sure, I've had weird things happen, but not anything that makes me go 'Hey!' I think it's more observation and common sense.
    Like every night for a week and a half as I'm falling asleep something tells me not to hang my hand at the head of the bed because of spiders. Then the face of a yucky brown spider flashes in my mind and I can't fall asleep. Today, as I'm changing my sheets, what do you think I found right where I'd been putting my hand? Yeah, an icky brown spider, with an egg sack or a bug encased. I'm still a little freaked out but hope I can fall asleep tonight knowing I vacuumed up all possible spiders in the area. Common sense says it's getting cooler out and spiders are coming inside, and the space between the wall and my bed is a perfectly dark place for these brown ground spiders to hide.
    The weekend my maternal grandmother died I told both my mom and dad on the Friday that she wouldn't survive the weekend, and she didn't. She was dying of cancer and had stayed at the hospital for 2 weeks. She died the next day.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • SoaringSirenSoaringSiren Posts: 765Registered Users
    The closest thing I've felt to being psychic is the feelings of deja vu I get from time to time.

It's kinda interesting because whenever I sense that feeling and I say out loud "I just felt a moment of deja vu here" no one ever says anything to my statement, they just continue along as if I never said anything at all. I dunno...maybe it's because people think I'm crazy. ;)
    3a locks!
    Daily Products!: Suave Naturals Coconut, Jessicurl WDT, MOP-C, Biotera Curl Creme, & LA Looks Sports Gel!
    ^^^Proof that you can be CG without spending tons of money! =) ^^^

CG since April 5th, 2008!

http://public.fotki.com/SoaringSIren/
    pw: lotsofcurls
    jillipoo wrote: »
    Boy, it really depends on the gel (and the weather, and the position of the stars, and what kind of mischief Britney Spears has gotten into).
  • ScrappyTamScrappyTam Posts: 470Registered Users
    Really strange "psychic" happening with my mom.

My mom dreamed about her dad who had died back in 1970. She usually didn't dream about him. In this dream, he was back with his wife (her mom/my grandmom) and my grandmother had taken some poison to die. My mom said there were two women there with them and they were both very upset that my grandmother had taken the poison. She thought one was me and didn't know who the other one was, but it wasn't her.

Freaked my mom out. A day or two later, after trying to reach my grandmother via telephone and not reaching her (they lived over 6 hours apart), she had to get family to go to her house and break in. They found my grandmother had died in her favorite rocking chair.
    I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

• CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I LOVE deja vu. It's such an awesome feeling! Whenever it happens I stop and say, "I dreamt this x-time ago." And my kids all ooh and aah over it. It's so cool that as soon as it happens I can remember the dream and what happened, no matter how long ago the dream occurred.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't think I am psychic either, but I have had a few experiences that were interesting.
    :rambo:
  • reenireeni Posts: 149Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Two incidents come to mind that happened to me.
    The first was when I had an overwhelming urge to call my parents. I had just talked to them a few days before, but called again. My brother answered. He just got off the phone with my other brother, in fact her still had his hand on the receiver. Their house had just been burglarized, and my brother & I had called at almost the same time because ...

I also dreamt about someone I had worked with many years before. I hadn't thought of her in years. When I opened the paper ther was an article about a man shooting his wife and then himself. It was her.

I've also been thinking og my daughter, or best friend and pivked up the phone before it rings.
    What a WONDERFUL day!!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Totally depends on your definition.

I feel dead people. I went on a ghost tour, and freaked out our tour guide when she was walking us toward an old hotel, and I took off my sweatshirt so I was only in a light t-shirt in about 50 degrees, and said I was really hot, it felt like a campfire... and we were standing where a building had been before burning down. Later she had us in a different hotel and I asked if something happened in the bathroom of one of the rooms - because I couldn't walk in it when my friends had that room. Yep, someone had been murdered there. Later, we're at the train station, and I start swerving. I said "I can't walk straight - it's like I'm drunk!" A drunk person had fallen in the tracks and been hit by a train.

I randomly know things without explanation. I called my mom as soon as she got out of the doctor's office the day she was diagnosed with diabetes. Years earlier, I called her in the morning as soon as I could after not sleeping all night... when she'd been in the hospital all night with excessively high blood pressure. Almost every time I mention really missing someone, they call or email- especially really good friends. My friends have a tendency to call me right after I've emailed asking if they're free to talk anytime soon, before they get my emails.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • IlovemycurlsIlovemycurls Posts: 49Registered Users
    I don't know if "psychic" is the best word to describe it (somehow, even although I'm very open-minded, the word still makes me cringe a bit!) but I'm very in-tune with things.

I've been visited by spirits and can sense when they're around (mainly relatives that have passed on).

I am usually very good at using tarot cards - have made a lot of predictions to friends/colleagues that have come true. One time I did a reading for a girlfriend of one of my friends and I warned her to look after her personal possessions, as I got this really strong feeling that she was going to lose something valuable. She went out a while later and discovered that her brand new scooter had just been stolen...

I have this thing that I guess most would class as weird lol, but it's like I have an imaginary conversation with someone (a real person) in my head about random things, and they usually end up happening for real. It's not so much what I say, but the things they say - I tend to "just know" a lot of stuff without people having to tell me.

Unfortunately a lot of my intuition disappeared when I met my ex (a time when it could have been very handy, lol!), so I'm only just getting back in touch with my inner self :angry7:

I guess a lot of it could be argued away by coincidence, but it happens far too regularly for me to believe that. I guess it just depends what you believe in ;-)

They used to call me Crystal Tips... :eek:

~ Curly from birth! :toothy7: 3B ~

Currently using:
    Aussie Frizz Miracle shampoo
    Wilko's own-brand Coconut conditioner
    Bodyshop Wheat Protein mousse for curly/fine hair
    Bodyshop Brazilnut Define & No Frizz cream
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    The closest thing I've felt to being psychic is the feelings of deja vu I get from time to time.

It's kinda interesting because whenever I sense that feeling and I say out loud "I just felt a moment of deja vu here" no one ever says anything to my statement, they just continue along as if I never said anything at all. I dunno...maybe it's because people think I'm crazy. ;)

I do this too. A lot. Enough that people ignore me as well. ;) I don't know what causes it, but sometimes it is almost overwhelming. Like.... "WHOA! I have had this exact same conversation while sitting in this exact same chair while you were tapping your pen JUST LIKE that. I KNOW I have!" And people - coworkers, family members, friends - look at me like I'm a loon, as they do not recall this time. I've heard a lot of theories about deja vu from cellular memory to reincarnation.

But I think it is due to dreams. I have dreams fairly often that come true on bigger issues, so I figure I probably dream about weird things like a conversation or the way someone ate peanut butter crackers at a staff meeting.

My Mom is like this too and she always "blamed" our Cherokee heritage, but I dunno... <shrug> She actually dreamt once that her cousin drowned. She was scared to tell anyone but finally told her Mom. A few days later, they got the news that her cousin had been swimming in a lake, had jumped in from the houseboat deck, hit her head and died before anyone could save her. I wouldn't want to have dreams like THAT for sure.

I'm STILL haunted by a dream I had when I was about 11 regarding Jordan, the Tigress (spelling?) River, random places in the Middle East. There was a lot of fear in the dream and I woke up upset. I don't remember any specific details - just that things were bad. A couple years later my Mom dreamt that I was in school and was trying to save a couple Muslim girls I went to school with and that I told them they could stay with me. Obviously there have been problems in the Middle East my entire life time, but I didn't know what was going on at that young, and the fact that this was all prior to 9/11 is kinda odd. I don't know what my dream meant but just the feeling it gave me... still gives me chills.

Besides dreams and bigger events, I have a lot of little moments. I was told by someone who is all "into" this sort of thing that I'm an empath and that I have an "amber aura" - whatever that means. Funny though because I've always liked that 311 song. ;) And I've had a couple people say it reminded them of me.

Let's see, what else... Just little feelings and such really. I have bad feelings about going a certain way or what have you, and then find out that there was a wreck on that road. I have bad feelings about people and then find out something has happened for them that day. There was one day that a pretty big family issue was going on that my brother and I both just randomly called a family member and asked how they were, within minutes of one another.

I will try and call people I'm close to and get a busy signal and then they call me right away and say, "I just tried to call you and it was busy!" There has been several times that I started to dial someone on my cell and then realized I answered a call that never rang on my end and it was the person I was trying to call. That's always freaky.

I hear songs in my head right before they play them on the radio. I see things sometimes, which I despise. I don't feel or hear them... I see them. I have no explanation for it, but I don't like it at all. Honestly, I don't like any of it - the dreams, the bad feelings about people, etc.

But I guess, to answer the question in a short fashion, I guess I am a little psychic. :)
    DPTFm5.png
  • nadinanadina Posts: 640Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    yes. it runs in the family - we all have a little something. most recently - a favorite professor of mine cancelled class one day without explanation, and that night i dreamt that he came to me crying and said, my son has died. i just hugged him as he cried. the next day i learned his mother died. i told my mom about it and she said it happened to her before. it may be the wrong gender or something off but she has dreamed of deaths too.

i had another dream come true before - just that i was walking with this boy i liked in a place at work we had never been before. i also had strong memories of my great grandmother right around the time when she died. unusual words get stuck in my head, and then maybe a day or two later they come up. also when i'm connected to someone, i can feel them when they're not right in my presence. i've told myself, i'm going to look outside (five stories down) and see this person i love coming into work, and then i did at that exact moment. or i would know when they weren't coming to work randomly.

i think deja vu is definitely related to being psychic. it's like a premonition of what it feels like to remember that moment. that makes sense in my mind, i don't know if it does here. :)
  • NotinabottleNotinabottle Posts: 303Registered Users
    This is a really interesting topic.

I'm generally of the belief that there's a possibility for a great number of things to be real or true but I haven't seen them or had enough solid backing to believe they do. That being said I don't believe I am psychic but I have had a fair share of strange occurrences, just not strong enough for me to actually believe they were some psychic ability.

It was a lot more focused when I was young. I used to play that card game (where you lay all the cards out facedown and flip them over two at a time to try and get a match) with my grandmother and pick the right two cards nearly every time. I was always nearly spot on with guessing numbers. I knew when people were going to forget things and told them when they were about to leave without it.

These days I'm not as good at those things. I have those moments a lot where you stop and say wait, I remember this happening before and realize I dreamed it. These aren't always at important, or particularly eventful times but I ha a solid feeling that I knew once, through a dream that I forgot, that I was going to be in that place at that time and be the person I was. It's really a really bizarre and strange feeling and freaks me out a little when it happens.
    3a/b Thick, dry, in need of a haircut.
    HG's: Giovannia Smooth as Silk Conditioner and Aura Hypoallergenic Gel.

Whee a fotki!http://public.fotki.com/Notinabottle/
  • nadinanadina Posts: 640Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    oh, and my mother agrees with me on this - dead people look different in photos. i can pick the person who has passed in a group photo.
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes. I've had quite a few things happen.
    It's too late to get all into it, I'll come back another day and share a few things.

NetG... I know what you mean about "feeling dead people". That happened to me once and I'll never forget it.

I definitely think there is more than meets the eye re: this world. Some people, for whatever reason, are just more sensitive to the weird stuff. It's just another mystery.
  • GabbylkpGabbylkp Posts: 197Registered Users
    I have had some really strange things happen over the years. I would never say I am psychic though. I have definitely learned to trust my intuition more as I have gotten older, which is almost never wrong. I wish I would have trusted it more when I was younger, it would have saved me a lot of heartache over the years.
    Dwight Schrute: [pushing Michael's face into the wet cement] Force it in as deep as you can. Michael Scott: That's what she said.
  • KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    I've had some wierd occurrences too.

Don't think I'm psychic, just intuitive.

Like...

I knew my sister, who lives 6 hours from me, was pregnant before she told me...just had a gut feeling. They weren't trying.

That last time I visited my healthy grandmother at her house I knew it'd be the last time I saw her alive.

One night as I was drifting off to sleep I heard a huge bang/explosion in my head. Jerked me awake. Turns out several hours later there was a huge explosion in another city.

Just wierd stuff. Who knows.
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,765Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No. I don't believe in that.
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Spider wrote: »
    Not psychic at all, but I have learned to listen to my intuition more. Otherwise the only thing that happens is I will think or see something obscure and then moments later something related will come on the TV or radio. I don't think I have anything to do with that, just weird coincidences.

are you?? :)

I dunno...Guess that means No! But I have had plenty of strong deja vu experiences and I seem to have a strange bond with the BF :love5:. Maybe we're just at that (juvenile) stage where we think we're psychically (sp?) connected.

He said he was thinking of a number and if I'm thinking of the same one, he'd know we're "meant to be." OK, whatevs, I'll play. I said 42 cuz it's my favorite number...Sarah42 might know what I mean. He said "Nope, 17." Um...actually the other number I had been thinking of was 17.

We were at Trader Joe's and he pointed to a phalaenopsis orchid and said it was his favorite flower. That's my favorite flower!

We later went to Walmart and at the same moment pointed to something and said how much we liked it. And then we both like the same Entenmann's cake although we don't generally eat Entenmann's.

This all happened in the same day...freaked me out...

OK, I know with some stuff I'm reaching here but it's still cool to me.
    I have had some really strange things happen over the years. I would never say I am psychic though. I have definitely learned to trust my intuition more as I have gotten older, which is almost never wrong. I wish I would have trusted it more when I was younger, it would have saved me a lot of heartache over the years.

Same here.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    nadina wrote: »
    oh, and my mother agrees with me on this - dead people look different in photos. i can pick the person who has passed in a group photo.

Hmmm...I never really thought about it, but you're right. I was looking at photos of my grandmother after she had died and I kept wondering what was different. I kept asking my mom where these had come from. She kept insisting I had seen these photos before. They just looked slightly different.

I can also pick a person who's died out of photos. I'll randomly be looking at some photos in a grouping or photos of a group of people. Almost inevitably, I'll point out someone and ask who it is. Yup, 9 times out of 10, they've passed on. I just thought I had horrible luck. Seeing the pain or remorse in their eyes when they tell me the person is dead is the worst!

I also have psychic experiences, but don't consider myself psychic. I can sense spirits around me. When I was younger (teenage years), I used to wake up in the middle of the night and see people. Either faces right over my face or people standing by my doorway or out in the hallway. They would scare the freaking crap out of me because I always thought it was a burglar at first, but then when they stayed there, I would get curious and try to touch them. My hand always went through them, then they would fade away. The minute I told someone about those experiences, it stopped. Now I only sense them.

Earlier this year, my Grandma's boyfriend died. They live in Seattle (well, a suburb) and we live in Utah. I woke up in the middle of the night, swearing someone was calling my name, but I lived alone. It happened twice that night. The next morning, I woke up with this shooting pain in my torso, right below my ribs. I got the news that day that he had passed away, but that was all the news I got. The next day, I was still having that pain and I was getting a little concerned. On a whim, I decided to call my dad to see if he had any more news of how my Grandma's boyfriend had died because he was pretty healthy and had just received a physical and passed with flying colors.

My dad told me in strictest confidence that it was a suicide. When I asked how, he wouldn't say. Then I asked if it was a gunshot and he said yes. A gunshot, self-inflicted from a shotgun, right under his ribs.

I have other experiences to a lesser degree, but I don't actually consider myself psychic.

• KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    I'm not sure if I'd actually call it psychic but I do have something.

I too can sense dead people. Esp. those I love. My great-grandmother who died when I was 5 often holds my hand when I'm upset. I also get a whiff of cinnamon muffins when she's around. Even if I'm in my car. I also used to sit chattering away in an empty room and when my mom asked me who I was talking to it was always Nannie or my grandfather.

Once in middle school (before I learned to shut things off for fear of others judging. I'm just getting over that.) I was on a trip in Montreal and we were hearing these stories of these mysterious abductions and I felt something there. I closed my eyes and felt something asking me to use my eyes. Somehow I said yes and when I opened them I felt different. I didn't recognize anyone in my group (which included my mom) and I felt like I had long grey hair and a bow slung over my back. I looked carefully around the crowd as if assessing something. Well, whoever it was did. I was waiting in the back of my head for him to be done (yes it was def. a man). Then he closed my eyes, said thank you, and left. My mom knew that I had somehow gone away for a minute and asked me what had happened. It was really weird but I wasn't scared at all.

I've also seen things on tours of Williamsburg at night and even in the historic homes I've worked in which do not have haunted reputations.

My mom's best friend and I are also weirdly linked. I used to tell my mom to call her because she needed to talk to her. And sure enough when mom called she would be going through something tough. Now that I'm older we know when to call each other and often finish each others sentences to my mom who will be on the phone with one of us.

Events in my recent history have caused me to block a lot of this off. I'm just breaking down those barriers and getting back in touch with who I am.
    So you can channel spirits? Interesting!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    I had a dream in which a combination of numbers kept coming up. I played them, on the second day I won 280.00 Three days later the other number came up and I won 5,000.00 For 7 bucks I think I turned a good profit.

Too bad I haven't had a dream with the of the winning mega million numbers. That would be one dollar well spent. :tongue5:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file