AO Green Tea "Clarifying Shampoo"?

I know that clarifying (i.e. using SLS's) is the only way to remove 'cones. Today I stumbled upon Aubrey Organics Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo. There are no SLS's - so how exactly does this "clarify"? Is this actually possible - to clarify with a no-poo?

PS: I should also confess that I actually bought it... because I have no self control - and well - was curious! It left my hair feeling SUPER stripped in the shower - but the feeling was immediately remedied once I added my usual AOWC. My hair feels so soft!

Either way, I'm still curious as to what exactly I just did to my hair? Any thoughts?

Mickey B
3B-a / NYC / Playing since August 08 / DevaCut 09.06.08 / Growing out

My Routine Involves: Soaps/DW, ACV, Dr. Bronner's Shikakai Rinse, V05 Vanilla Mint Co, AOHR, AOWC, AOGPB, KBB Nectars, KBB SS, JWhip MOUSSE, HETT mousse, KCCC, BRHG, KBB LL, AK Oil, Plopping w/ T-shirts, Pixie curl diffusing

*denotes HG status*

"You see the saints? They all had curly hair!" - Great Grandma Filomena, who never wore hats - even in the dead of winter.

Comments

• onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,118
    It's probably nothing to be worried about. When I did my clarifying wash with sulfates to start CG, my hair was dry, then I used AOHR, and my hair felt great. You're basically stripping your hair, then giving it back what it needs, moisture.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • MickeyB603MickeyB603 Registered Users Posts: 127
    Hey Onethousandcurls - and thanks for responding! I'm actually just wondering about the "science" behind it. I just assumed that SLS's were needed to clarify, and since this AO product doesn't contain them, I was confused as to whether it actually removed cones? I'm def not worried, as I trust AO products. ;)

My Routine Involves: Soaps/DW, ACV, Dr. Bronner's Shikakai Rinse, V05 Vanilla Mint Co, AOHR, AOWC, AOGPB, KBB Nectars, KBB SS, JWhip MOUSSE, HETT mousse, KCCC, BRHG, KBB LL, AK Oil, Plopping w/ T-shirts, Pixie curl diffusing

*denotes HG status*

"You see the saints? They all had curly hair!" - Great Grandma Filomena, who never wore hats - even in the dead of winter.
  • SariaSaria Registered Users Posts: 15,963
    Clarifying shampoos without sulfates don't remove cones, as far as I know. They're clarifying in the sense that they are supposed to help remove buildup from hair products, but not necessarily silicones. Basically, they're "cleansing" shampoos, as opposed to "moisturizing" shampoos.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • MickeyB603MickeyB603 Registered Users Posts: 127
    That makes sense to me. Thanks Sairis!

*denotes HG status*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file