New Gurl advise wanted

DewPt.40DewPt.40 Posts: 100Registered Users
Hi,
I will take any info and advise you all have to offer.
I have very fine, thin hair. I think it's a 3A although under portions of my hair can be almost straight depending on the weather. The ends are dry and I can't grow my hair much longer than this before it turns to straw and splits.
I often go without shampoo but I am just learning about "-cones". Currently I shampoo a couple times a month with a prescription shampoo for scalp itching. I've been using Nexxus Humectant conditioner 3-4 days/week, and a variety of products, some Aveda, some frizz-ease. In these pictures it's Aveda Hang Straight and Humectant pomade. Pictured is me on a good hair day. I thisted my hair and scrunched it after it was dry (as directed by the CurlKeeper website). It will look terrible tomorrow.
Bad hair days are the ones between washing or conditioning days.
I would love advise on days in between conditioning or what to do after a workout ponytail.
Are there any good products to use on dry hair?
Any suggestions for a hairstyle for fine curly-ish hair?
I don't know where or if to layer. Face framing does not work as it creates poofs on either side of my face.
I appreciate your feedback.
Madam Taxi
www.madamtaxi.com
3A-fi, with 2B underlayer, fine/thin hair with some wily greys.
Devacut 11/14/08. CG since late Sept 08.

New Experiments: CK, HoneyHemp CO, ACV Rinse, Honey, soap bar, aloe, KCCC, JC N&S, AOHR, AO GPB
Want to try:
Jojoba Oil or Coconut oil
GTTT
KBB
KBB Super Silky
KCNT

Comments

• marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    we're glad to have you here CG

i also have fine curly hair and a lot of it. i've had it at all lengths as well. one of the keys to near perfect hair is an amazing hair cut.

curlsalons lists great curl cutters all around the US and some abroad. you'll find reviews and recommendations by fellow CGs.

visit our hair forums on tips and tricks to maintaining and growing out healthy hair.

poke around the site and have fun

marie
  • greengrlgreengrl Posts: 129Registered Users
    I give this link to all the newcomers I come across, it has become my go-to guide (QuirkyYogini thanks :wink:):

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=47564

Before going cg, or a modified version, my hair looked like yours. It's been over a month & I noticed a huge improvement. I swear by pure, organic coconut oil ( the kind you can cook with). I use a little mixed in with my leave-in, especially my ends. I use it as a treatment by slathering it in my hair, braiding or pinning it up & wrapping it with a silk scarf (think "I Love Lucy") & co-washing after a few hours. I also use it to revive my 2nd & 3rd day hair.

You will notice a big change once you clarify your hair & avoid all 'cones for at least a week.
  • DewPt.40DewPt.40 Posts: 100Registered Users
    I am "-cone"/"-xane" free today!
    3A-fi, with 2B underlayer, fine/thin hair with some wily greys.
    Devacut 11/14/08. CG since late Sept 08.

New Experiments: CK, HoneyHemp CO, ACV Rinse, Honey, soap bar, aloe, KCCC, JC N&S, AOHR, AO GPB
    Want to try:
    Jojoba Oil or Coconut oil
    GTTT
    KBB
    KBB Super Silky
    KCNT

• greengrlgreengrl Posts: 129Registered Users
    Best of luck! I saw results within the first week of me going 'cone-free.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file