Flexi-8!

aislinaislin Registered Users Posts: 864
Wow, so these things are really underrated IMO! The customer service is awesome- I ordered on Friday, it sent me an email on Saturday saying it shipped, and it arrived today in my mailbox! Talk about fast! They even wrote a smiley face on my package and a big "Thank you!" :occasion9: I got the extra small (for half ups, which I do regularly) and small for ponies and everything else. WOW they are both right on target as far as style and size go! At first looking at them I thought they'd be too big... But they're perfect. Beautifully crafted, and the beads and metal used on these are NOT the cheapo plastic kind you might come to expect. Although I got some in the cheaper range (meaning $11 compared to $20) these are amazing. I wouldn't have expected my hair to hold in these- normally in these types of contraptions my hair comes undone easily, but these fit snug and aren't too small/big.

I think I know what I'm getting for the women in my family for Christmas... The only hair accessories I have are some bobby pins and hair ties, but every girl should have one of these, seriously! :thumright:
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Comments

• CoilyOne1812CoilyOne1812 Registered Users Posts: 384
    You know I was thinking about ordering another unique hair contraption but ordered this instead. I ordered on Friday too and found mine in my mailbox last night. I was shocked since the package said it came from CA and I'm in NY. This is why USPS is better than UPS.
    I can already see I'm going to have to be careful about not getting my hair tangled between the beads though.
    layer cake of tight, spongy and silky/thready S strands that kink more than they coil
    spiced with a few spiral coils and non-curling waves
    mostly medium and fine with a sprinkle of coarse strands
    protein is yummy
  • CaliforniaWavyCaliforniaWavy Registered Users Posts: 158
    I love the Flexi8's as well. I ordered a mini for clipping the side up, and a small for a ponytail. I realized though that the small isn't large enough for me to do a tails up or a chignon style though. I am going to order another in a size medium. They are really great because they hold the hair securely and it doesn't get caught in it.
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CaliforniaWavy/

pw: wavy

Currently using:
    Wash/Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni TTT, Elucence MB
    Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
    Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
    Current Color: Salon highlights

• Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Registered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
    Don't forget to use the coupon code for 10% off or buy 4 get 1 free...just google or do a search on here for the code...:)
    I had just found the coupon code. Thank you!
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair

Currently using:

• aislinaislin Registered Users Posts: 864
    Don't forget to use the coupon code for 10% off or buy 4 get 1 free...just google or do a search on here for the code...:)

Damn! Wish I would have known about that :sad8:. Ah well, hopefully it'll work next time! Thanks for the info :). I do find I need to be careful about not getting hair between the beads too, but smoothing the hair down on the spot where the clip is going seemed to help out a bit.

I was just planning to buy one more clip, and I bought 5! I used the buy 4, get 1 free coupon. I figure I will give some away for gifts. They are really great.
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair

Currently using:

• SearMeCarefullySearMeCarefully Registered Users Posts: 13
    I've been wanting some of these as well! These go like hot cakes on the swap board at my other forum.. I have problems deciding on what size to get, even after watching that video they have lol. My hair is super long.. I dunno
    hairsig.jpg
    I've been wanting some of these as well! These go like hot cakes on the swap board at my other forum.. I have problems deciding on what size to get, even after watching that video they have lol. My hair is super long.. I dunno

With longer hair, it really seems like it would depend on how you are going to wear it in order to determine your size. For example, if you are going to just pony it, you're going to use a smaller size then if you were going to put it all completely up. You might think about calling their customer service/emailing them too, they said on their website they'd be happy to help determine size. I'm sure if you had pictures along with your email it might be even better.

• CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Registered Users Posts: 3,079 Curl Connoisseur
    I REALLY REALLY want to order these. I was thinking a small but I am not sure if it would be too big to hold up my hair when its half up. I would def get a mini to just hold up a little hair on the side.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812
    I REALLY REALLY want to order these. I was thinking a small but I am not sure if it would be too big to hold up my hair when its half up. I would def get a mini to just hold up a little hair on the side.

FYI, the small is Definitely too big for a half up on me. I think we probably have similar hair texture. Small is good for a pony/tails-up and medium is good for a full twist on me.
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Registered Users Posts: 3,079 Curl Connoisseur
    SydneyCurl wrote: »

FYI, the small is Definitely too big for a half up on me. I think we probably have similar hair texture. Small is good for a pony/tails-up and medium is good for a full twist on me.

Thank you so much for responding! maybe I should throw in an extra small for half ups.

My hair is fine, but I still have quite a bit of it.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
    I use the extra small and the smalls for half-up type things. I think the extra small would be perfect for you. The minis are great just to pull a bit back on the sides, and I only have one medium for full ponytails, etc. I have waaaay too many of them!
  • KynnibKynnib Registered Users Posts: 999
    There are pictures in my fotki. I plan on using it just for a french twist.
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
  • NottyNotty Registered Users Posts: 1,456
    Kynnib wrote: »

Wow just read your product reviews..........you've got some serious topics going on there girl!!! Good for you!:toothy2:
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    http://public.fotki.com/notty6

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:
  • SpunGoldSpunGold Registered Users Posts: 454
    Not sure if this will help anyone, but my flexi-8s are 4 different sizes:
    • Mini - great for pinning up small pieces; I also use a mini when I make two small rope braids on each side and clip them together in the back
    • Small - too small for a pony, almost too big for a half-up so I'm a little creative with this one
    • Medium - perfect for a pony
    • Large - great for a twist or a bun - holds all of my hair up
    My hair is fine but pretty thick!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fia type: 3a/F/ii Pics! Updated 04/22/10
    CO Wash: Suave Coconut
    Leave-in: Deva Heaven in Hair
    Current Styler: Fuzzy Duck Gel
    finally at waist length!
  • KynnibKynnib Registered Users Posts: 999
    Notty wrote: »
    Kynnib wrote: »

Wow just read your product reviews..........you've got some serious topics going on there girl!!! Good for you!:toothy2:

Thank you.
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
  • KeeweeKeewee Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Curl Neophyte
    Does anyone know the coupon code hurry I want to order now.....
    3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
    P/Wmarissa
    http://public.fotki.com/Keewee
    Keewee wrote: »
    Does anyone know the coupon code hurry I want to order now.....

32088 :)
    SydneyCurl wrote: »

Thank you so much for responding! maybe I should throw in an extra small for half ups.

My hair is fine, but I still have quite a bit of it.

See my hair is fine, and thin, and I find that a small will hold all my hair up in a pony, and a half up will do well with an extra small. I think on their website they have sizes that relate to the circumference of your hair when it's in a pony, at least that's what I remember using in order to help with my size. I think if you do end up with the wrong size, you can exchange it. If you do end up getting some, be sure to post what size you got and how it works best :) GL!!!!

• curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Registered Users Posts: 1,340
    You know I was thinking about ordering another unique hair contraption but ordered this instead. I ordered on Friday too and found mine in my mailbox last night. I was shocked since the package said it came from CA and I'm in NY. This is why USPS is better than UPS.
    I can already see I'm going to have to be careful about not getting my hair tangled between the beads though.

you know i thought i would have a problem with my hair getting all tangled up in the beads (b/c i have this problem with my hair all the time) but i've had my flexi-8 for many months now and i don't actually remember it ever happening. i love my flexi-8 and i'm going to order more. i bought a medium thinking it would be enough to put all of my hair up (according to their video) but to put it all up I really need a large. otherwise i love it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file