CG Ingredient Experts Needed!

aislinaislin Registered Users Posts: 864
Excuse my noob confusion here, but I have a question for those of you who are more chemical savvy than myself :tongue5:.

Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone are two ingredients that are listed in many of the Suave Naturals conditioners that are hailed as CG. But aren't we always warned that chemicals ending in -one are in fact not CG? I was reading this article-

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/ingredients-commonly-found-in-hair-care-products

And it says these two ingredients are in fact preservatives, even though they end in -one... So is my info wrong, or is there something I'm missing as to why CG's swear by these products for co-washes yet here they are with cones in them? TIA!
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Comments

• greengrlgreengrl Registered Users Posts: 129
    You should be aware of ingredients ending in 'cone, 'xane, & 'conol. The two that you listed are preservatives.
  • greengrlgreengrl Registered Users Posts: 129
    The link that you provided didn't open up so I listed one that has become my go to guide (Thanks QuirkyYogini :wink:)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=47564
  • amy51373amy51373 Registered Users Posts: 1,205 Curl Connoisseur
    Cone's will actually end in cone, conal or xane. The 'one isn't a 'cone. So the information you have about the Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone is correct they are indeed preservatives and not cones.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • aislinaislin Registered Users Posts: 864
    Greengrl- sorry the link didn't work, I must have posted it wrong. I got the link from the same guide that QuirkyYogini posted too.

Thanks for help on the confusion ladies, you've all been such a big help! :toothy7:
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file