can you recommend a light weight CG leave in?

izzytartizzytart Registered Users Posts: 88 Curl Neophyte
One thing I could not find/figure out today at the drugstore was a CG-safe leave-in conditioner! It was so frustrating, as I could barely see the leave-ins amongst the walls of product.

Would you please recommend your favorite CG leave-in conditioners that can be found at a drugstore?

Thanks in advance!
"when I sleep, my curls crush flat, like a slinky that's slopped sideways"
Gone 'girly. Last 'poo 10/18/08
Current experiment is Co-Wash and Condition: V05 kiwi lime clarifying conditioner
Then KBB super silky, KCCC, then L'Oreal Melting Gel with a bit of GF Super Stiff mixed in.
Pre-toweling, post-toweling, pre-plop and post-plop. The jury is not out on the plopping thing. I think my hair is too fine.
fine / non-porous / thin aka 3"abba" / oh so Fine / just barely ii

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    Giovanni direct leave in. I can find it at Rite Aid and Target. I know a lot of curlies just use their VO5 or Sauve conditioners as leave ins too.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • KynnibKynnib Registered Users Posts: 999
    giovanni direct seems really light to me
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    I'll vote for the Giovanni Direct, too.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • izzytartizzytart Registered Users Posts: 88 Curl Neophyte
    Thank you, all. That was on my list but I couldn't seem to find it. I'll do a google image search and try again!
    Current experiment is Co-Wash and Condition: V05 kiwi lime clarifying conditioner
    Then KBB super silky, KCCC, then L'Oreal Melting Gel with a bit of GF Super Stiff mixed in.
    Pre-toweling, post-toweling, pre-plop and post-plop. The jury is not out on the plopping thing. I think my hair is too fine.
  • CaliforniaWavyCaliforniaWavy Registered Users Posts: 158
    I agree with the above posts - Giovanni Direct Leave-in. I found mine at Ulta, but I've seen it at Rite Aid and other drugstores. I haven't been able to find it at Target though. The targets in my area have other Giovanni products, but not the leave-in.
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CaliforniaWavy/

pw: wavy

Currently using:
    Wash/Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni TTT, Elucence MB
    Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
    Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
    Current Color: Salon highlights

• onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,118
    I can vouch for the Giovanni leave-in! Got mine at Whole Foods, but saw it at Target too.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Registered Users Posts: 727
    To be honest - right now my favorite conditioner is VO5 tea tree clarifying vanilla mint conditioner.

I use for co-wash then use less than a dime size for leave-in/styler.

Do a search, there are a few threads on it.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    I, too, like GDLI, alone or after FOTE AVG.

At my Target, it's on the makeup aisle with Jemma Kidd, Sonya Krushak (sp?), Boots and Welleda cosmetics, not in the regular shampoo aisle.

A lot of Krogers have Giovanni in the health food section.

My Ulta has it with their regular drugstore brand shampoos and conditioners, not with their salon brands.

If you have a RiteAid, they might be your best choice as I've found it BOGO there a couple of times.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • izzytartizzytart Registered Users Posts: 88 Curl Neophyte
    thanks, auntnett - I was shopping at RiteAid but somehow couldn't find it. I got the 50/50 shampoo (love it!) and a conditioner but couldn't find the DLI ... guess I just have to go back! :laughing7:
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    izzytart wrote: »
    thanks, auntnett - I was shopping at RiteAid but somehow couldn't find it. I got the 50/50 shampoo (love it!) and a conditioner but couldn't find the DLI ... guess I just have to go back! :laughing7:

Hmm, maybe they just don't carry GDLI for some reason. But since they do at least have Giovanni, they'd probably have no problem adding it to their regular orders.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file