What do you do with bangs/front of hair

scoopscoutscoopscout Posts: 9Registered Users
Hi, fellow 2/s. I plop. I pineapple. I air dry my chin-length bangs. I blow dry them. I clip, co-wash and use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]. And I still can't stand how my hair looks in the very front and all around my hairline, where it likes to dry in a weird C-pattern that makes my forehead look huge. What are your post-shower routines for styling on the first day after you rinse out conditioner?

Comments

• confused moreconfused more Posts: 29Registered Users
    Boy I could of wrote your question. Except my bangs are to my nose when wet. I hate not having my forhead covered. Ye I don't want straight bangs with the rest curly. I sure wish I could find a way to love the front of my hair flattering to my face.

Hope someone has suggestions.
  • CaliforniaWavyCaliforniaWavy Posts: 158Registered Users
    I have short bangs that I am going to grow out. I've always had bangs, but I find that it is hard to have short bangs and to style them separately than the rest of my hair. For now, I have been clipping them away from my face when wet so that they will dry with the rest of my hair. Some of them still fall and I just pin them off to the side of my face with a bobby pin. I usually pin and tuck it inside hair so it's not too obvious. If you do the clipping method already, try to include your bangs - it works for me.
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CaliforniaWavy/

pw: wavy

Currently using:
    Wash/Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni TTT, Elucence MB
    Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
    Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
    Current Color: Salon highlights

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had bangs for over 30 years because I didn't like the look of my forehead. But when I decided to go CG, I also decided to just let the bangs grow out and mingle with the emerging wavy curls. They looked pretty dorky for several months. Once they got to cheek length, my hair stylist cut long layers to blend the grown out bangs in. It did take me awhile to get used to my "new" look - no bangs - but now I really like it. Since I'm a 2c, my waves don't become real curls until chin length, so I do have to clip the roots to get some lift. I also pixiecurl diffuse that top layer to get as much wave as I can. You may have to play around with different clipping techniques or try pincurls until you find what works for you.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    It blends in with the rest of my hair.
  • thick_n_wavythick_n_wavy Posts: 250Registered Users
    I want to try these things called Curlformers.

Right now I don't like my hair in the front. It's still pretty short. I'm working on growing it out.

Yeah...so when I try to pin the front (with bobby pins) it doesn't look good. My prettiest ringlets are on top, and when I pin it back it exposes the uneven curls/waves.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone who pins or uses Curlformers?
    2c-3a. Thick density. Texture = mixture of medium and fine.

Always trying to boost my curl!

Go-to products: Pink Boots, CJSG, LALSG, Abba Pure Finish gel
    Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein
    Didn't like: HESMU, Matrix Biolage Gelee (both too goopy)

http://public.fotki.com/thicknwavy/
    Last updated: Dec. 3, 2009
  • sassette726sassette726 Posts: 694Registered Users
    My hair is cut so my bangs sort of blend into the shorter layers at the top and front. After I take my hair out of it's plop, I just comb my bangs over to the side and leave them to dry naturally that way with no product in them. My curl pattern is loose enough that they dry mostly straight, but with enough of a wave that they still blend in alright. Once they're mostly dry I'll comb them the other direction for a few minutes, which sort of straightens them out a little, then ruffle them up a bit.

I have no idea if that made any sense. If not, I'm sorry.
    2b copper penny red
    "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."

CURRENTLY USING:
    Renpure Moisturizing Shampoo, Body Shop Banana Conditioner, Ouidad Tress Effects GelMy fashion blog:
    http://a-la-mode-2010.blogspot.com/
  • thick_n_wavythick_n_wavy Posts: 250Registered Users
    That made perfect sense to me :D
    2c-3a. Thick density. Texture = mixture of medium and fine.

Always trying to boost my curl!

Go-to products: Pink Boots, CJSG, LALSG, Abba Pure Finish gel
    Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein
    Didn't like: HESMU, Matrix Biolage Gelee (both too goopy)

http://public.fotki.com/thicknwavy/
    Last updated: Dec. 3, 2009
  • anatidaephobiaanatidaephobia Posts: 343Registered Users
    My bangs are my curliest bits (other than down by the nape of the neck). When I stopped straightening, I decided to give them up so they're to the side. Luckily they were not very short by the time I stopped straightening.
    CG since 6/15/09 -- fine/medium texture, medium porosity

Conditioners: GTTTT, Kenra & KCKT
    DT: CJ Hibiscus Banana Deep Fix
    Styling: KCCC, KCHP, HEBE, Loma Imply
  • LilyWavesLilyWaves Posts: 224Registered Users
    Sassette, love your bangs! I've been really thinking about it lately and am afraid they'll be a real PITA, but yours are great! How do they hold up to rainy/humid days? Can you ever get 2nd day bangs or do you have to style them everyday?

As for what I do currently, I part it one side before letting it air dry, and then I change which side my part is on after my hair is totally dry and that gives me some really good lift at my roots.
    2b
    conditioner - AOHR
    shampoo - Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary Mint Tea Tree
    styling products - KCCC, BRHG, Boots Curl Creme, Re:coil
  • nancytmccnancytmcc Posts: 103Registered Users
    My bangs are my biggest annoyance, but I don't think I can grow them out. I tried to do that when my hair was straightened and it made my face look terrible! So my bangs are short and brushed to the side, and blend in to longer layers but they are really really annoying to style. I also have a low forehead, so unless they have just been trimmed, they will fall right into my eyes unless I style them upward. What I do is I use BRHG only on my bangs, and I smooth it in while moving my bangs up and over the top of my head, then I put clips in all along the front of my hairline, perpendicular to my head, to lift the roots even more. Then I diffuse dry them and hope that they stay up and back for as long as possible (which is usually about half the day)--then I will either use a bobby pin and tuck under, or use a claw clip, or now I have these really pretty headbands that I have just discovered. Sigh...I wish I could just grow them out.
    Hair type: 2b, wavy/curly, color treated, fine texture but high density
    Modified CG since 6/14/09
    Products currently rotating: Organic soap bars, ACV rinse, KBB milk, Fuzzy duck gel, BB Gelee, KCCC, Komaza curl pudding, Goddess Glaze, Mop Top shampoo and condish, Gelatine Goo, Burt's Bees More Moisture condish.
    I think my hair likes protein!!
  • sassette726sassette726 Posts: 694Registered Users
    LilyWaves wrote: »
    Sassette, love your bangs! I've been really thinking about it lately and am afraid they'll be a real PITA, but yours are great! How do they hold up to rainy/humid days? Can you ever get 2nd day bangs or do you have to style them everyday?

Thanks so much! Rainy days tend to make them go wonky on me – the longer layers around them turn into wings, which looks pretty silly.

As for second day bangs, I actually find they usually look better on the second day. They're shinier, and I clip them at the roots when I pull my hair up to shower, which gives them a little bit of lift so they don't sit too flat against my forehead.
    2b copper penny red
    "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."

CURRENTLY USING:
    Renpure Moisturizing Shampoo, Body Shop Banana Conditioner, Ouidad Tress Effects GelMy fashion blog:
    http://a-la-mode-2010.blogspot.com/
  • SalamanderSalamander Posts: 328Registered Users
    I've never really been able to do bangs unless they are really short (which looks rather strange). If they are longer than mid-forehead the ends start curling up oddly and give me a look which I think resembles horns :)

But I like having some softness around my face -- I have a rather angular face and when I put my hair up I think it looks too severe. So I cut some layers around my face -- the shortest ones are about cheekbone length, which is long enough for them to form actual curls rather than hair-horns.

I can either sort of position my hair so that the shorter layers blend into my regular hair, or I can pull a few strands forward to soften a ponytail or bun.
    2a/b right now; 2c when it's longer
    Fine/iii density/high porosity

Current favorites:
    Suave Naturals Coconut co-wash
    GVP Protein Restructuring Conditioner
    GVP Conditioning Balm
    Eco-Styler, LALSG, BRHG, Garnier Curl Shaping Spray Gel
    ACV rinse 1x per week
  • curlyaniecurlyanie Posts: 111Registered Users
    hate it when my bangs make a C...i cut my own bangs, hihi, 'coz stylists never want to give me bangs..they look better when my waves are looser, they blend in pretty well, kinda like sassette's...when i blow dry them separately, they tend to be more prone to "C-ing"..
    >>i know, i know...i didn't help at all,:laughing2:<<
    product staple: suave coconut conditioner
    goal: healthy BSL! :D
    obstacle: haven't figured it out:crybaby:
    :protest:probable suspects
    • hard water
    • varying product use
    • weather-hair chemistry confusion

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights