I love my curls!

curlygurleecurlygurlee Posts: 9Registered Users
Hello,
I am new! It is so exciting to have found my curls for the first time in my life. I am a convert, and I love it. The first time I declared war on my curls was when I was 10 years old, and the battle has been long and arduous. I remember distinctively because it was then when my mother decided to stop fighting with my long curly tresses and took me to get a pixie haircut. It has been a nightmare ever since. Many, many years later, I found your site, and for the first time I am letting my hair grow out, throwing away my shampoo, and learning how to pamper my curls as if they were fine threats of the finest wool. My curls are waking up again, and so is my inner self...

Comments

• GettinControlGettinControl Posts: 828Registered Users
    Hello! and welcome!
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity
  • curlygurleecurlygurlee Posts: 9Registered Users
    It seem we have the same type of hair. Very thick and wiry. I have just found out after reading CG that I have the Boticelli type curls. My main problem is that I live in a small city in Florida (Pensacola) and there is no one I know that can cut or care for curly hair. I have even considered to travel to Atlanta, but is a 6 hour trip...
  • greengrlgreengrl Posts: 129Registered Users
    Welcome! It is very difficult finding the right stylist anywhere (I live in NYC). I'm pretty sure you can get some references from some of the other curlies on a stylist.
  • marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    glad you're here and loving those curls!

it sounds like you haven't had a proper curl cut or devacut. curlsalons has a listing of amazing curl cutters all throughout the states and abroad.

getting the right cut will bring out your curl better and make styling a cinch. visit curlpix for style ideas.

:)

marie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file