Do 2's need a leave-in conditioner?

WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I've been using a leave-in (Giovanni) for the first time ever for about a month now. None of my other products have changed but my hair has been frizzier than it ever has been.

Just wondering if using a leave-in is standard for wavies as it is for curlies, especially for fine-hair wavies? Maybe using a leave-in is making me over-conditioned?

Comments

• ajaneajane Posts: 323Registered Users
    I don't use a leave in very often but may experiment with it some this winter.

Is there a protein in the Giovanni that you could be sensitive to?
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Giovanni does have quite a bit of soy protein in it, I believe.

As for the general question -- do 2's need leave-ins -- I think all 2's are different! My hair likes a pea-sized amount of leave-in, but usually something lighter than the Giovanni (for example, the VO5 vanilla mint tea condish that I use for cowashing). I have also mixed heavier conditioners with gels, and may continue experimenting with this. My hair needs the hold of gel and the moisture of conditioner (as well as something to take the edge off the crunchiness). But it is definitely trial and error for all of us.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    I've always been big on the leave ins... I've been using them since I was like 12 and have never gone a day without one. If I don't have a leave in, I can't get my fingers through my hair (despite detangling in the shower- I know!). Although my hair has become more moisturized and better taken care of over the last few months because of this website, I still need some. I assume though that all wavies are different. I can imagine for some it might really weigh down the hair.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't found a Leave in that I like other than a Honey rinse :)
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I dont care for leave ins; they pull my curl out. As long as my hairis well conditioned, I dont need one anyway.

Unless you count CK.... whic I think of more as a primer, as opposed to a base coat.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file