this cant be right... right?

simonnnnNsimonnnnN Registered Users Posts: 22
http://photos.friendster.com/photos/65/72/14952756/2288511708890l.jpg

ok, around september 2005 when i didnt know anything about hair, i had relaxed straight (since around june) so it was growing out, and i was still trying to blowdry straight. when it became too puffy, i would actually try to thin the hair near the top (i know, ... completely ridiculous)

well, since around september when my hair was cut short and cut out the relaxed hair, ive been growing my hair ever since.

so 5 months in all, and my hair on top seems thin still (or is this the case?)
yesterday after wash & condition, and product leave-in i only realised standing right underneath the lightbulb that if i take a pic, my hair looks like this..

is this normal for 3c hair types? -- i cant help but think i may have a problem here... if i am not underneath direct light, it seems to be more normal looking, but i can tell my hair is slightly thinner or weaker.

this kind of subject has too many possibilities, which is why im worried.
but my hair is still not dramatically long yet either, so i can't tell wether this is still "a growing stage".. i think people here will know about 3c/b hair type much better than me, but i had to post this~

do you think this will eventually fix? or mabye i have a problem?

im only 21yrs old, ~

thx~

Comments

• canelacanela Registered Users Posts: 218
    I seen other people with your same predicament post..yes it is possible. Also most curlies have a few different texture types in the head.
    Hair type: mix of everything but bushy
    "Do not brush curly hair, it makes it look like bad scribbles"
    my 5 year old curly haired girl, now a teen
  • simonnnnNsimonnnnN Registered Users Posts: 22
    hmm, so, it's possible that it's a problem, or it's possible that it's just normal~
  • urbancurlurbancurl Registered Users Posts: 980
    I'd give it a full year since you last cut it before worrying about it. It's probably just because some of the hair is short that the scalp shows through. Also, maybe your actual strands of hair are thin and fine. Contrary to popular belief, many curly haired people have fine hair.
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • *Ani**Ani* Registered Users Posts: 351
    It looks pretty normal to me, but if you are really concerned you could always go to a dermatolgist or your family doctor and they should be able to tell you if it is balding or not.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Registered Users Posts: 183 Curl Connoisseur
    urbancurl wrote:
    I'd give it a full year since you last cut it before worrying about it. It's probably just because some of the hair is short that the scalp shows through. Also, maybe your actual strands of hair are thin and fine. Contrary to popular belief, many curly haired people have fine hair.
    Yes, I agree with urbancurl. Believe it or not, after I actually started taking good care of my hair (e.g. stopped using harsh brushes, harsh shampoos every day, etc.) my har texture seemed to thin out. I suppose it may have appeared that way because of the frizz reduction and the cuticle was actually smoothing out instead of all messed up and damaged! And to think I always assumed my hair shaft was thick! I wouldn't worry about it for now.
    3b, low porosity, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
    current products: 
    • conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    • pre-poo: grapeseed oil or coconut oil
    • cleanser: currently experimenting with different things
    • deep treatment: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
    • "protein" treatment: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
    • Stylers: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file