Another newbie Brit saying hello!

IlovemycurlsIlovemycurls Posts: 49Registered Users
Hey guys

Just wanted to say hello and say I'm so glad to have found a site dedicated to us curlies! :iconbiggrin:

I've had a love-hate relationship with my hair since I was a kid - I think it's 3B, with maybe a bit of 3A, but I don't have any pics atm to show you.

I found a great hair mousse I've been using for a while (Bodyshop) but they discontinued it at the end of 2007 and I bought all the remaining stock in their shop, which has nearly run out now :crybaby: Sooo...I'm in a panic looking for a new way to style my hair, lol!

Look forward to chatting with ya!

They used to call me Crystal Tips... :eek:

~ Curly from birth! :toothy7: 3B ~

Currently using:
Aussie Frizz Miracle shampoo
Wilko's own-brand Coconut conditioner
Bodyshop Wheat Protein mousse for curly/fine hair
Bodyshop Brazilnut Define & No Frizz cream

Comments

• janeylizjaneyliz Posts: 777Registered Users
    Hello!

There's loads of alternative products out there - even in the limited range available in the UK. Body Shop do a cotton seed curl cream which is quite good and doesn't contain any silicones.

Have a good read, there's some lovely people on here and they are soooooo helpful!
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • IlovemycurlsIlovemycurls Posts: 49Registered Users
    Woo, thank you :)

Been reading through some posts for the last couple of hours - hopefully I'll catch on with the lingo soon, hehe :wink:

Already I've tried the "plopping" technique tonight and it worked great on my hair!

I would have loved to recommend the hair mousse I currently use, if it wasn't discontinued that is.... :sad7: ah well, time to checkout what else is out there before my last bottle runs out, lol.

They used to call me Crystal Tips... :eek:

~ Curly from birth! :toothy7: 3B ~

Currently using:
    Aussie Frizz Miracle shampoo
    Wilko's own-brand Coconut conditioner
    Bodyshop Wheat Protein mousse for curly/fine hair
    Bodyshop Brazilnut Define & No Frizz cream
  • Paul TownsendPaul Townsend Posts: 56Registered Users
    Greetings from a fellow Brit, the male of the species from down 'ere in Kairdiff. :wave:
  • marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    glad to have you here!

you'll find great product reviews in here and discover great hair care here.

you might want to try comparing ingredients with other products. you might find one very similar.

cheers

marie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file