Another UK curl tamer!

babybelbabybel Posts: 56Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hello everybody,

have been on the forum for a little while, but thought I'd say hi anyway... :iconbiggrin:

Started CG a few days ago, and I'm absolutely loving it! I'm a total PJ, so trying a whole new method and hence buying trolley loads of new stuff is just perfect, he he he

Found a nice microfibre towel today, in Millets - a tips for you UK curlies. They had a 20' x 40' one for £12, and larger styles from £19 and up. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow. Have been plopping with regular towel so far, and the results have been quite good. Wonder what change I will notice?
2c babyfine high porosity UK curly, CG for two years 2008-2010, now back for a second round! Hair loves protein, hates any kind of oil! Conditioners: ASDA Apple or similar for co-wash. AOHR, Aubrey GBP, Giovanni Root 66, Giovanni DLI. Styling: a mix of equal parts Shockwaves Gel and a curl cream (LOOB, MopC, Naked or Boots Pink) Plop, products, 80% pixiecurl diffuse, air dry the rest, STC, a little gel spray for hold.

Comments

• janeylizjaneyliz Posts: 777Registered Users
    Hello!

I missed your post - there's lots of UK curlies on here now.

How are you getting on with CG?
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    welcome UK CG!

browse the site and have fun!

marie
  • babybelbabybel Posts: 56Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks guys! :toothy7:

The CG is coming on just fine - I have definitely noticed a change in my hair without all the crap I put in it before.

I actually went on a few white-knuckle rides in Thorpe Park yesterday, and brought no handbag (=no spray or mirror or anything). When I got home I had a proper look at my hair and it looked absolutely fine! Not windswept, not messy, not flat - just nice, well-behaved waves and curls. Yippiiee! :blob7:

Today it looks a bit greasy after a condish this morning, maybe I'll need to do a proper co-wash tomorrow... But so far, so good!
    2c babyfine high porosity UK curly, CG for two years 2008-2010, now back for a second round! Hair loves protein, hates any kind of oil! Conditioners: ASDA Apple or similar for co-wash. AOHR, Aubrey GBP, Giovanni Root 66, Giovanni DLI. Styling: a mix of equal parts Shockwaves Gel and a curl cream (LOOB, MopC, Naked or Boots Pink) Plop, products, 80% pixiecurl diffuse, air dry the rest, STC, a little gel spray for hold.
  • janeylizjaneyliz Posts: 777Registered Users
    :toothy7: the true test would be the Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach!

I got my pink microfibre towel from an outdoor shop - but now I use flour sacks.

Keep us posted on how you get on
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • babybelbabybel Posts: 56Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah the microfibre towel is brilliant! Haven't noticed much of a change in the hair yet, but the plopping is sooo much easier and it's so lightweight and easy to use...

Hmm might have to go to Blackpool in the near future then! lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file