Hello, I am new and need help!

CrespaCrespa Posts: 3Registered Users
Hello to everyone. I have been browsing this website for several months and just now became a member. I think my hair is 3a. For years I have used so many products and so on. My hair is very very dry! I've been doing the CG thing for a while now. I bought Jessicurl a while ago, but I don't find it to be that great or maybe I am doing something wrong?

I wash my hair once a week and do a deep treatment about every two weeks with avocado. At first my hair seemed to look great but now it just looks dry.

I try not to use many products right now. I have jessicurl RR, CC and awe spray.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Please help!!

Thank you
:glasses8::blah5:
CG since 08/08
3a (I think)
Currently trying: RR,CCSS, To Shea, AVG
My hair loves Honey and olive oil
DT w/ avocado
Still trying to figure out a good hair routine and looking for good products!

Comments

• discobugdiscobug Posts: 404Registered Users
    Hair Type-3b Location: Florida
    John 3:16
    Poo: Jessicurl HCC, As I Am
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics, KCKT, CJ HBDT, Darcy's Botanicals
    Leave In/Styling: KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals, SS
    Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
    No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
    LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
    http://public.fotki.com/discobug71/
    password: curly
  • FeedYourHeadFeedYourHead Posts: 248Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Crespa wrote: »
    I think my hair is 3a. For years I have used so many products and so on. My hair is very very dry! I've been doing the CG thing for a while now.

Hi Crespa--I have 3a hair that is extremely dry, similar to yours, I think.
    I wash my hair once a week and do a deep treatment about every two weeks with avocado. At first my hair seemed to look great but now it just looks dry.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Please help!!

Thank you
    Just a few questions:

What are you washing your hair with? It is possible that what you're using may not be moisturizing enough for your hair.

It's also likely that your hair needs more conditioner. The one I use (AOHR) is VERY thick and heavy, with shea butter high on the list of ingredients. I used to go through a bottle of conditioner PER WEEK before I figured out I needed something more moisturizing.
    Name: FeedYourHead's Hair

Description: 3A/3B/2C in the back, Botticelli, medium, thick, low porosity, modified CG since 2008

Likes: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil sulfate-free shampoo; Curls Coconut Curlada conditioner; KCKT; LA Looks Extreme Sport Gel; coconut oil; honey; banana hair masks
    Dislikes: Silicones (:thumbdown:), Hairbrushes (:eek:) and harsh detergents (:protest:)
  • marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    hi! glad to have you here :)

you'll find more advice on keeping that 3a hair fab and hydrated in the 3a hair forum

marie
  • CrespaCrespa Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks for the replies!

Right now i've been using the jessicurl product line. I try to wash my hair about once a week. I use the To Shea conditioner....I also do a deep treat ment about every two weeks with Avocado. After reading many of the threads, I think it's the magnesium in the jessicurl products drying my hair.
    I also have curl junkie and it works great.
    Yesterday I tried AVG for the first time and it is wonderful.
    :glasses8::blah5:
    CG since 08/08
    3a (I think)
    Currently trying: RR,CCSS, To Shea, AVG
    My hair loves Honey and olive oil
    DT w/ avocado
    Still trying to figure out a good hair routine and looking for good products!
  • CrossbowCrossbow Posts: 11Registered Users
    I'm a 3b. I use a clarifying shampoo once a week and other than that just an instant conditioner every day. I read somewhere that those clarifying shampoos help your hair absorb more moisture from the conditioner. It seems to work really well for me. It's always a lot softer and curlier after I shampoo now, although I think shampooing more often would dry it out.
    Hair type: 3b
    Color: Feria 20
    Shampoo: Suave clarifying, weekly
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals, daily
    Styling products: None!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file