A teenager who actually embraces her curls? Egads!

HropkeyHropkey Posts: 572Registered Users
So hi! I'm a thirteen year old from the bay area and yes, I do actually love my curls- I'm a 2c/3a. I'm not CG but I'm hoping to try mod CG soon- I'm pretty fearful that just regular CG will overcondition my hair, as it's already fairly oily. I used to brush my hair every day until this spring, when my sister forced product on me. I never went back. =D I get the curls from my Jewishness- I'm a second generation russian-american. I'm also trying to grow my hair out for the first time- I traditionally keep it between chin and shoulder length but right now it's a bit past my shoulders and I'm hoping it'll get longer.

Anyways, enough with the rambling. Hi!
Mod CG as of 10/18/08
Using: Suave Naturals, L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss, LA Looks Sports Gel.
"We’ll not live like this. They will try to bury us with false manifestos, inscribe us in wars against false enemies but we’ll sing songs about dying from loving the wrong cowboy and gospel; our bodies will burn in effigies of promise. I swear."

-Ibi Kaslik

Comments

• izzytartizzytart Posts: 88Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    San Francisco Bay Area? Another new, curly, jew-hair Bay Area person! Time for new hair for a new year - l'shana tova ;)
    "when I sleep, my curls crush flat, like a slinky that's slopped sideways"
    Gone 'girly. Last 'poo 10/18/08
    Current experiment is Co-Wash and Condition: V05 kiwi lime clarifying conditioner
    Then KBB super silky, KCCC, then L'Oreal Melting Gel with a bit of GF Super Stiff mixed in.
    Pre-toweling, post-toweling, pre-plop and post-plop. The jury is not out on the plopping thing. I think my hair is too fine.
    fine / non-porous / thin aka 3"abba" / oh so Fine / just barely ii
  • greengrlgreengrl Posts: 129Registered Users
    Welcome:hello2:!

I've been mod-cg for over a month & I have noticed a big difference in my curls. There is a post that I found that was/is very helpful for me. I listed it in case you want to check it out:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=47564
  • marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    hi CG, welcome to the community!

it is so great that you love your curls now. i know i fought them hard when i was your age and started loving them when i was in high school.

you'll find great advice and styling tips throughout the site. poke around, have fun and keep loving those curls!

marie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file