foundation for olive skin?!?

egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 Registered Users Posts: 607
hello!! does anyone know of a good foundation for dark olive skin tones? i wrote about global goddess foundation on here a while back because that has a perfect match, but it's soo expensive so i'm looking for something a little cheaper. is mac good for dark olive skin? im egyptian if that helps with the skintone picture in your head :) just tan olive like 90% of middle easterners lol thanks!!
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
:farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Comments

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778
    I'm a recent convert to Meow Cosmetics. Have you looked at their website? They've got lots of shades and you can buy samples for $1 each. Plus, if you e-mail them your picture, they will help select a shade. They are at www.meowcosmetics.com.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 Registered Users Posts: 607
    hey thanks!! does it cover well? it has really greeny olive colors which is right up my ally! :D getting excited lol :toothy7:
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778
    So far I've been lucky and haven't had much to cover up, but it does seem to give pretty good coverage. It's a little hard to tell because the samples come in little zip lock bags, so I can't get the powder into my brush like I would if I had a lid. Does that make sense?

I've been using the Pampered Puss which is the middle formula for coverage. I imagine that like most make-ups, I'll be able to get a heavier coverage if I need to by buffing more or applying extra.

ETA: I haven't tried their concealers, but they are supposedly heavier if you need something extra. I think they come in all the foundation shades and you can get samples of the concealer too.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Registered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
    MEOW Concealers offer excellent coverage. And the shade selection is phenomenal, IMO...I also use the Pampered Puss version, the heavier one does cover more matte. Samples in a variety of colors in all three types is the way to go. You'll probably be able to use almost everything-they are very forgiving...:)
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    Becca.

I'm olive too just darker than you and Mac is waaay to orangey for me.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Becca.

I'm olive too just darker than you and Mac is waaay to orangey for me.

what shades did you try?
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    In Mac? NC 42 and 45, I think.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    i say meow cosmetics too. i LOVE them!! i'm done with mac foundations forever, love their other products but the foundation was very bad on my skin. i had huge painful bumps. the girls at the mac counter even said they know it can be too heavy for people.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    i say meow cosmetics too. i LOVE them!! i'm done with mac foundations forever, love their other products but the foundation was very bad on my skin. i had huge painful bumps. the girls at the mac counter even said they know it can be too heavy for people.

oh wow! thats not good when the ppl who work for the brand are saying that! lol. hmm...maybe i wont get mac afterall....but i dont like mineral makeup usually so...maybe im destined to stick with the amazing ever ridiculously expensive global goddess lol
    luvmylocs wrote: »

oh wow! thats not good when the ppl who work for the brand are saying that! lol. hmm...maybe i wont get mac afterall....but i dont like mineral makeup usually so...maybe im destined to stick with the amazing ever ridiculously expensive global goddess lol

i was anti mineral and didn't want to have to buy makeup online but my skin is SO much better now!!! i went for a free microdermbrasion the other day an the esthetician was a black lady with wonderful skin. she liked my makeup and i told her what it was and she wrote it down. she wears the mineral makeup they sell in the office but said the colors weren't dark enough. we both have oily skin. my only regret is that i didn't switch to meow sooner, i would have saved my skin from a lot of bumps. like i said, i love mac shadows and lipsticks and in pics the foundation is great BUT the mac girl and other makeup counters often say that mac is designed for film and print so it's too heavy for daily wear. makes sense.
    soooo whats the best thing in your opinion, about meow foundation?
    oh girl, there are a few good meow threads here but for me color match and NO BREAKOUTS make meow perfect. i have no side effects! i had meow foundation onURL]http://public.fotki.com/luvmerlot/miscellaneous/theeyes.html[/URLin this pic[/url]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file