Vacuuming your carpet...

WileE-DeadWileE-Dead BannedBanned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
I was doing mine every other week, but since we are u/s more I guess I should be doing it once a week... :!:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm embarrassed to say. Basically, I gave up the battle. My goal was every day.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • SuZenSuZen Registered Users Posts: 1,595
    I would feel better if I could do it once a week, but I only manage every other week. Mainly because at this point I'm taking care of my dad's place too and have to clean it thoroughly every week because he has Parkinson's and is very messy. I'd like to get him a cleaning service but I don't think it would work, because you need to clear off all surfaces before they can clean, but he needs everything left out since he has trouble with doors and drawers. I guess I should get myself a cleaning service!!!
  • mafaldamafalda Registered Users Posts: 510
    Every other day. We have dogs and cats, so a lot of fur accumulates on the corners.
    "It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done."- Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • SCGSCG Registered Users Posts: 5,416
    My mom makes us do the entire house every day.

I feel so out of place saying this... I thought that's what everyone did. :shock:

It'd be sooooo much easier if my mom just settled for once a week like you guys... Although, our vacuum is so light and easy to use that I really don't mind. It's just the time that it takes up that I COULD be using for something more useful. Like posting on here. :lol:

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • BiancaBianca Registered Users Posts: 2,492 Curl Connoisseur
    I have a rabbit that can kick her poop 10 feet so it's either every day or every other day if I'm being lazy. I'll just use a tissue and do turd patrol in between.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • mazeymazey Registered Users Posts: 709
    We luckily only have carpet in one room, the master bedroom, which doesn't get much traffic. Even with a dog and a cat I can get away with only vacuuming once a week.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    Usually once a week on the first floor, once a month on the second and third floors.
    Sometimes I get overly lazy (plus I hate loud noises and nothing's louder than a vacuum cleaner) and then it's more like whenever I'm getting company, or when there's so much cat hair that the carpet looks white.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • MarMar Registered Users Posts: 3,004 Curl Neophyte
    Every other day
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • tgreyztgreyz Registered Users Posts: 1,627
    Basically whenever I feel like it needs it.
    3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
    combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Alright who voted for the anvil? :P
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    :lol:
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    I voted every other week b/c I'm so inconsistent now - but I'm sure a week will go by w/ no vacuuming.

Generally I'm obsessively clean. I used to spend an entire day every week cleaning my house from top to bottom, every room until it squeaked! Now that I have Bailey I just don't have the time. It was tough to force myself to let somethings go, and not be so OCD about my house being clean, but better that I make time for my family, or myself.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    That's so true, babyway...your child will remember you being there for them, not so much if the house was perfectly clean! :)
  • Pacific PoppyPacific Poppy Registered Users Posts: 253
    I'm with you on that babywavy... I recently left my house a complete and utter disaster (like playdough everywhere, breakfast plates on table, toys everywhere, etc etc) all day. Its been crappy-o-la here for a long time and that day the sun came out. We were packed up and out of the house in about 15 minutes, which is amazing for us. Dh was like :shock: when he came home, because I always have it clean at that time of day.

Vacuuming: I do it every other day, using my beloved little Shark inbetween to pick up the crumbs. But I have a near-2 year old and a near-4 year old.
    3c, CG Fine hairs, med growth.
    Formerly "Rainyday"
  • wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    I get out the big vac and do the whole job every other week.

But I use the Dustbuster on key areas at least once a day. So I averaged it out and voted once a week.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    The down stairs gets done almost everday sometimes every other day. The upstairs not so often I have a big Kirby and it's so heavy to carry up the stairs I'm considering getting a cheap lighter vaccume to leave up stairs. I also shampoo my carpets a lot like every couple months or so.
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • LipGlassHoneyLipGlassHoney Registered Users Posts: 230
    I do it every 2-3 days. I have a 4 year old and I just like for the carpet to look fresh. It's a habit I've had since I was 17.
    Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
    Me @ 6 mos. looking just like my son
  • munchkinmunchkin Registered Users Posts: 2,909 Curl Connoisseur
    I checked other because it's done by either my cleaning lady or my husband so I guess I "never" do it!!

Hey, he's retired... I'm not.

Oh and btw, this is the one household chore I absolutely hate doing.
    3b/c
  • mangomango Registered Users Posts: 60
    Well, actually my husband vacums... We have hardwood floors and area rugs. The only room with carpet is the lounge, and we dont use it that often.
    3b/c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file