Root lifter

confused moreconfused more Posts: 29Registered Users
Is there such thing as a CG root lifter? I also do the root clipping but just think I need more help.

Are the hiar volumizing products a no no as well. My hair is thinning and would like volume.

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I find Tweek is a good root lifter. Diffusing helps too.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't have product recs, but another vote for diffusing, as well as plopping and (if your hair is long enough) pineappling at night.

Also (and this is kind of out there), I find that nothing gives me root lift like wearing one of those wide stretchy yoga headbands, high up on my forehead so that it pushes up on the hairline a bit, and then going for my usual hour-long walk or 30-45 minute run.

When I get back, my hair ALMOST has as nice lift and shape upfront as whatsercurl's! (notice, though, I did say "almost").

:iconbiggrin:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Matrix does have a root lifter spray that is (to the best of my knowledge) CG. I bought the generic version at sally's for $5-6.

It works pretty well, but you can get crunchy roots if you're not careful. Difussing is really a better solution, but on those days when you just don't have time, the spray does the job :)
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I don't have product recs, but another vote for diffusing, as well as plopping and (if your hair is long enough) pineappling at night.

Also (and this is kind of out there), I find that nothing gives me root lift like wearing one of those wide stretchy yoga headbands, high up on my forehead so that it pushes up on the hairline a bit, and then going for my usual hour-long walk or 30-45 minute run.

When I get back, my hair ALMOST has as nice lift and shape upfront as whatsercurl's! (notice, though, I did say "almost").

:iconbiggrin:

Awah . thanks wc40 :)

My hair is pretty shapeless today though. :(
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file