CG for finer, oilier hair?

HropkeyHropkey Registered Users Posts: 572
I am 13 and thinking of switching to CG, but I have a few reservations. Basically, I have 2c/3a curls- very fine, and right now they feel somewhat greasy actually. There's hardly a day when they don't. Even when I just switched to a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (herbal essences) my hair just went completely limp and overconditioned.

I use Aura Energizing Mint shampoo and conditioner and Garnier Fructis cream-gel. I'm starting to think some of the oiliness is from build up. Would it still be a good idea to go CG or mod CG? I'm kind of afraid of my hair feeling completely gross and greasy all the time. I know my cousin used CG for a long time until she cut her hair very short- however, her hair is very course. I love the definiton that CG gives but I definitely don't want greasiness!
Mod CG as of 10/18/08
Using: Suave Naturals, L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss, LA Looks Sports Gel.
"We’ll not live like this. They will try to bury us with false manifestos, inscribe us in wars against false enemies but we’ll sing songs about dying from loving the wrong cowboy and gospel; our bodies will burn in effigies of promise. I swear."

-Ibi Kaslik

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Why don't you start with a modified CG regime. Low poo and no cones. After that, you can transition into a CG routine, if you want to. It makes the change to CG much easier.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file