Pineapple for 3b hair?

ParmenderParmender Registered Users Posts: 18
I read about other people doing it, but everytime i try my hair just looks a horrible mess. my hair is 3b with a little 3c . It just doesnt seem to work on my hair type. Any 3b/c pineapple and have success?
3b/c always fighting the frizz!!
Co-wash : suave naturals-couconut
deep condition: giovanni smooth as silk <<<LOVE IT!
Leave in : hope to get my giovanni direct, in the mail soon from a swap! also i sometimes use angell, but i dont think i like it so much anymore ;-(

Comments

• SariaSaria Registered Users Posts: 15,963
    I love the pineapple. My second day hair is my best hair day lately. The pineapple has a lot to do with that. I like the shape my hair ends up with and I don't lose volume.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • ParmenderParmender Registered Users Posts: 18
    what exactly do you do at night?
    Leave in : hope to get my giovanni direct, in the mail soon from a swap! also i sometimes use angell, but i dont think i like it so much anymore ;-(
  • greengrlgreengrl Registered Users Posts: 129
    I pineapple to go to bed with a silk/satin scarf wrapped around myhead ( think "I Love Lucy"). I do find that my curls get stretched out a bit so I sometimes pin up the problematic sections & wrap my hair with the scarf. I am able to get 2nd & sometimes 3rd day hair out of this.
  • SariaSaria Registered Users Posts: 15,963
    I just take my hair and do what I read here: turn my head upside down and collect all my hair forward, then take a loose scrunchie and put it all in.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    and in the morning what do you spritz it with?
  • scarriecarriescarriecarrie Registered Users Posts: 382
    Parmender wrote: »
    I read about other people doing it, but everytime i try my hair just looks a horrible mess. my hair is 3b with a little 3c . It just doesnt seem to work on my hair type. Any 3b/c pineapple and have success?

When I pineapple I bend over and try to gather my hair together as gently as possible, so I don't mess with my curls too much. I make sure my pineapple is right on top of my head, not to the back or the front as that will make my curls weird. My hair always looks better on the 2nd day. It gets curlier.
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
  • QuirkyYoginiQuirkyYogini Registered Users Posts: 569 Curl Neophyte
    Pineappling only seems to work if I also sleep with a satin cap. Otherwise, my hair gets dry and very tangled. How long is your hair? Maybe pineappling alone works best with short to medium length hair?
    I have 3c hair that I haven't straightened in over 5 years. It's just past shoulder length when dry, and almost waist length when pulled straight.

Products:
    9/02/08 Went CG
    05/12/09 Still CG. Cowashing with VO5 Lavender Luster. I then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Styling with VO5 Lavender Luster conditioner with my wide-toothed comb.

http://public.fotki.com/QuirkyYogini/

• CurlyHazeCurlyHaze Registered Users Posts: 295
    I tried it last night. Worked good for me kept my curlies from getting all frizzy and loved the shape of my hair cut. Left the pineapple in while I showered, then took it down and just shook it out sprayed with some glycerin.
    Very Thick dry 3b BSL.
    Fine, medium porosity
    Right now I am using GVP conditioning balm for cowash and RO,
    my hair loves protein.
    for styling my base is BRHG I can use it alone but prefer with Curl Keeper. I sulphate poo once a month or so as needed.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyHaze/
  • l.deonl.deon Registered Users Posts: 235 Curl Neophyte
    I pineapple for second day hair, but I don't really like it. My hair gets smooshed because the pineapple never stays on top of my head. It always falls kind of low. My hair is bra-strap length, so maybe shorter lengths do have better luck with this??
    3B Mod CG
    Medium texture/ Normal to low porosity / High density

Current Routine:

Shampoo- GTTT, GVP Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo or ACV/ Baking soda (once a week)
    Co wash- Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    Leave in- Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave- in, Elucence
    Gel- BRHG

Holy grail combo Feb 2013: ISO Bouncy Creme with BRHG on top! :blob3:
    Yeah I think my hair is to long for it. i wear a bonnet and it still gets frizzy, and it never dries. My hair is almost past my bra strap now, so i think that may be it.
  • ElithiaElithia Registered Users Posts: 297
    Ahh! I used to pineapple every night and it worked great, but these days my hair's too long and gets caught on the bedframe (no joke). It's halfway down my back. makes sense now! :)
    Proudly CG since 8/10/06 - the story of my hair!
    Type: 3a/b, very thick
    Length: almost BSL wet
    Products: Suave coconut conditioner, coconut oil, Totally Twisted gel

Don't forget to be awesome!
  • curlsAboundcurlsAbound Registered Users Posts: 246 Curl Novice
    Yup, I hear you. I tried pineappling for the first time last night but now my hair is all crazy. Lost some curls and the others just look weird! Had such high hopes. I will try again with a silk scarf .... just gotta find one!
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    faithful to Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Gelly
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée
    Desert Essences Coconut shampoo and conditioner

Discount code:
    For $$$$ off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827

• BlatinabellaBlatinabella Registered Users Posts: 11
    help me what is pineappling?
    Curls Are A Girl's Best Friend!!

type:3b-3c
    color:black
    how long?: middle
    back to shoulder
    do i love my curls?: yes :)

• EstelleEstelle Registered Users Posts: 89
    Sairis wrote: »
    I love the pineapple ...I don't lose volume.

Since I have been pineappling, I too don't lose volume and that's why I love it. :love3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file