sauve?

TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Registered Users Posts: 374
hi! help! I see that suave is conditioner a lot of you use? I have been using the deva one - I LOVE it! but if it comes to $35 vs $2, well.... I may have to switch... doesn't suave have -cones in it??? just wondering .... thanks for any help!!!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com

Comments

• greengrlgreengrl Registered Users Posts: 129
    A lot of curlies use Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut. This one has no 'cones. I could be mistaken but I beleive that all the Suave Naturals are 'cone free. Some curlies also us VO5 & these are all 'cone free.
  • amy51373amy51373 Registered Users Posts: 1,205 Curl Connoisseur
    The Ocean Breeze, Vanilla Floral, Tropical Coconut and Refreshing Tangerine conditioners don't have 'cones in them. Those are about the only ones I can find in my area but they are CG and of course CHEAP!!
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    hi! help! I see that suave is conditioner a lot of you use? I have been using the deva one - I LOVE it! but if it comes to $35 vs $2, well.... I may have to switch... doesn't suave have -cones in it??? just wondering .... thanks for any help!!!
    YUP, I switched from DevaNo poo to Suave and Vo5's sometimes I use a little Castille if I want an extra cleaning. To be honest the Suave and Vo5's work better for me than Deva! The Deva weighs me down but I do like the Deva for my scalp, too expensive though. I would rather invest in a "better quality" finishing condish than the co-wash.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    amy51373 wrote: »
    The Ocean Breeze, Vanilla Floral, Tropical Coconut and Refreshing Tangerine conditioners don't have 'cones in them. Those are about the only ones I can find in my area but they are CG and of course CHEAP!!

Adding the Water Lily and Aloe, Waterfall Mist and VO5's Passion Fruit Moisture Milk and Lavender Smoothing conditioners to the mix of CG friendly conditioners :)

All under $2 here.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Registered Users Posts: 374
    wow! thanks gang... I'm justing getting the hang of how to work on this board - and it's FULL of info - SO great!! thanks so much for the info on the Sauve... I just bought some, hope to be able to make the $$$ change, from Deva to that - I did see cones in the ALoe one and coconut, but for 1.79, I'll try it out!!!
    thanks again!
    Tara

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...

• greengrlgreengrl Registered Users Posts: 129
    wow! thanks gang... I'm justing getting the hang of how to work on this board - and it's FULL of info - SO great!! thanks so much for the info on the Sauve... I just bought some, hope to be able to make the $$$ change, from Deva to that - I did see cones in the ALoe one and coconut, but for 1.79, I'll try it out!!!
    thanks again!
    Tara

I think you might be confusing some of the ingredients in the Suave. 'cones end in: 'cone, 'xane, 'conol.

Here are the ingredients for the Coconut:

Water Aqua , Cetyl Alcohol , Cetrimonium Chloride , Potassium Chloride , Fragrance Parfum , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Disodiium EDTA , Glycerin , 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Propylene Glycol , Silk Amino Acids , Honey Mel , Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica , Rosemary Extract Rosmarinus Officinalis , Coconut Extract Cocos Nucifera

The ones in bold letters are not 'cones, I believe they are preservatives.
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Registered Users Posts: 374
    yup - you're right - I'm mixing them up - I'm looking at "-one" - those are in there, but nope, no "-cone" - and they're not in the aloe either - yeah! I love that scent!!
    sorry... still learning :)
    thanks!!! again for the help!!!
    Tara

• silveropessilveropes Registered Users Posts: 33
    Which condish do you get the most moisture for your buck mimstx
  • happycurls078happycurls078 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Are any of the suave shampoos okay?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji