Can someone explain oil and hair growth?

Lively_lozzyLively_lozzy Posts: 13Registered Users
I've noticed a few people mention coconut oil/castor/rosemary and others....and that these help with hair growth.

How does it work? How do you put it on - is it just lightly ran through the ends or is there more to it? +Is it pretty much a guarantee or does it sometimes not work for people?

Thanks!

Comments

• a curly qa curly q Posts: 248Registered Users
    I'm no expert, but the rosemary is an essential oil that is mixed with a base oil - the castor or coconut or other. For hair growth it's massaged into the scalp, it's supposed to stimulate the hair folicle/cuticle(?). Hopefully someone with more knowledge will jump in and add. HTH
    2b, medium, lots of them
    CG: 21 Apr 08, Mod CG: 24 Aug 08
    My blog: Can't Stop Thinking About Hair
  • SandraDgroovySandraDgroovy Posts: 139Registered Users
    I am no expert either but I use rosemary oil. I have an applicator bottle with a tip and create a mixture to apply to my scalp. I mix some grapeseed oil, a few drops of rosemary oil and some ale vera gel, shake it up and apply at night.

I use coconut oil in my hair every day! LOVE IT! I use it as a prepoo mixed with conditioner (or I will switch to avocado oil or olive oil). I use it on my ends after I wash, I use it when it I flat iron it. Some ladies do use it for scalp massage too.
    Sandra, RN & fitness competitor.

Transitioning since 4/2008, with no plans to BC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandra-Fields-Fitness-Competitor/115579921807944

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file