Wet Brushing

QurlyqtQurlyqt Registered Users Posts: 111
I've seen this method/technique mentioned on this board and in some online photo albums. What is it?

Comments

• nubiancurlynubiancurly Registered Users Posts: 11
    I think it means using a denman brush or the like to comb your hair while wet. It decreases the bulk and some report that it catches the shed hair better than the comb. I usually detangle with a comb first before I do it just to be on the safe side ( breakage)
  • QurlyqtQurlyqt Registered Users Posts: 111
    Thanks so much nubiancurly for the simple, yet informative, explanation.
  • angellazetteangellazette Registered Users Posts: 9
    I do what nubiancurly posted. Detangle with my K-Cutter knock off, then use denman or boar brush.
    Henna Photos-10/08/06
    Hair
    Album open
  • undulatinggreyundulatinggrey Registered Users Posts: 11
    Hello All, I'm new to the board. I'm not sure what "wet brushing" is as a technique for everyone but I find the easiest way to detangle my hair after I remove twists (which is how I wear my hair 90% of the time right now) is to wet it, deep condition it, and brush through using a scrunci brand brush with wide-set plastic bristles and a lot of vents. I find that it easily removes shed hair and really detangles. I have a comb (somewhere) and I never use it. I also don't reccomend ever brushing hair dry or without some sort of lubricant (conditioner, oil, etc.) in it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file