My Experience With Clairol Natural Instincts

msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
Thanks to everyone for your opinions and support! I wanted to try the blackberry burgundy black but I couldn't find it at my location so I used egyptian plum.

I used natural instincts because it's semi-permanent and doesn't have any ammonia whatsoever. It also has a little bit of peroxide.

It was very easy to apply and on the package it says you only need to put it on for 10 minutes, but I left it on for about 5 minutes extra.

It smelled really nice. When I washed it out, my hair felt a little dry and I used their conditioner in the package. That conditioner was amazing and my hair went back to normal.

When I got out of the shower and dried my hair, I noticed my hair was super duper shiny and when I stepped directly into the light, I noticed a subtle tinge of a deep red/purple. I wanted the tinge to be more noticeable, but other than that, this was the best colouring I've ever done by myself.

I called clairol to ask when I can colour again and they said 4 weeks. The customer service was great and the woman I spoke to really knew what she was talking about.

So, all in all, I will definitely use natural instincts again!

(I think this is the longest post I've ever done! :lol: )

ETA: I didn't lose my kinks/napps/coils, they are all still perfectly intact! :D
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• curlaciouscurlacious Registered Users Posts: 69
    Pictures?? :D
    curly,coily modified CG, Nexxus Exxtra Gel,Elucence MBC, honey, HE SMU, DevaCurl B'Leave-in, Camellia oil, Burt's bee's shampoo bar, Cure Care conditioner, Shique Herbal conditioner.
  • DiscgirlDiscgirl Registered Users Posts: 746
    I'm pretty certain that's a demi and not a semipermanent. Any hair color with peroxide does not wash out of your hair. It may fade more than a permanent color but that's only b/c it doesn't contain ammonia to swell and open the cuticle. The benefit of a demi over a permanent is that it's not as a harsh b/c it doesn't lighten the hair and there are less noticeable roots.
  • jazzijenni81jazzijenni81 Registered Users Posts: 529
    im happy it worked for you ms joker! im thinking about dying my hair b/c honey has highlighted my once jet black hair! but im gonna use a black rinse until i get the nerve to dye :)
    loose 4a, silky meets cottony
    routine: co-wash, add leave in or plain water, shake & go
    staples: elucence poo & conditioners, V05 & suave naturals, jessicurl too shea, AO.
  • msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
    curlacious wrote:
    Pictures?? :D

I'll take pictures tomorrow, but you'll probably won't see the colour...it's very fickle, lol.
  • msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
    im happy it worked for you ms joker! im thinking about dying my hair b/c honey has highlighted my once jet black hair! but im gonna use a black rinse until i get the nerve to dye :)

I use Qhemet olive and honey hydrating balm and I haven't noticed my hair getting lighter, but I have heard some women say that honey has lightened their hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file