Anyone heard of/tried "No Frizz" by Living Proof

curliegirlcurliegirl Registered Users Posts: 3
Anyone tried this? There is an article in Allure magazine this month and it is supposed to be a nonsilicone type product. Looks interesting....

Comments

• curly2curly2 Registered Users Posts: 320
    I read the same article, but could not find the product. It sort of sounds like CK. I am interested in hearing about this.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    found their website...

http://www.livingproofshop.com/servlet/StoreFront

and it looks CG-friendly enough. At least the ingredients I've looked at...
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • curly2curly2 Registered Users Posts: 320
    Thanks for the website. Boy, the products sure look expensive. I wonder if they work well. Anyone use them yet?
  • AngieNYCAngieNYC Registered Users Posts: 32
    I'm so glad you started this post! I finally remembered to scan the artcle today, so I could post it on NC!

If it really does what it promises, it sounds amazing! :blob7:
    I want to order it, but I wasn't sure if it was fully CG or not...

2890596934_1813958ceb_o.jpg

--> Fine, thin, shoulder length 3B Corkscrews -I think! (became more Botticelli while following CG the first time in 2008...but this time around they are back to normal)
    --> Using Deva NoPoo & Angell, with either One Condition or Suave Coconut Conditioner since I like how it weighs down & stretches my curls more.
  • curliegirlcurliegirl Registered Users Posts: 3
    Yes, I wasn't sure if it was CG or not either. Anyone know?
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    according to the ingredients on their website, I think so.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • toothfairytoothfairy Registered Users Posts: 242
    I ordered the gel...I'll let you ladies know.
  • phranq12345phranq12345 Registered Users Posts: 31
    I ordered it as well. I'll keep you posted. I'm always looking for products that can stand up to the San Francisco fog! :>) I've used Sabino Moisture Block with good results so I'm curious as to how this will compare.
    "let us be grateful for those that make us happy; they are the charming gardners that make our souls blossom" -- Proust
  • scoopscoutscoopscout Registered Users Posts: 9
    I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews from those of you who went ahead and ordered this stuff. i saw the allure article and was v. tempted. am a bit concerned that even if it 'cone-free, it might be drying if it does such a good job of keeping moisture out.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    A friend brought this line to my attention a week or two ago originally, and she ordered some. Here's what she just told me about her order with them, which I thought was interesting:
    What I really liked is that they sent me an extra full-sized bottle of the product meant for straight styles (I ordered the curly stuff too). They put a nice note in thanking me for being one of their first customers and that they're including a free bottle to keep or share.
    I thought that was a nice touch, although as she points out, who knows how long this promo will last.

She said she likes the line so far. FWIW, she's a 2-ish curly who sometimes straightens.

I'm not ordering yet, still caught up in my love affair with AOHR. But this line has definitely got my attention!
  • SariaSaria Registered Users Posts: 15,963
    One thing about this product that concerns me, since it's a new kind of technology being used, is that just because it isn't a silicone doesn't mean it might not be bad for curls. It's new, so it's CG in the sense of not being a sulfate or cone, but what if after this product there ends up being a new category of un-CG products?
    But, guess we won't know until you PJ's take the plunge. ;)
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • loririddleloririddle Registered Users Posts: 6
    i am new...AOHR?

i just ordered a bottle of the living proof. will post my results!:afro:
    got mine today, I'll try it tomorrow and let you all know.

it passes the smell test for now at least.
    I LOVE this stuff. I had such a great hair day despite the fact that it was raining in the morning, which usually = frizzy hair.

it dried a bit crunchy but I scrunched/shook it out. my hair was soft, no frizz, defined curls.
  • curlygurneycurlygurney Registered Users Posts: 116
    I emailed them because the one product for thick coarse hair isn't available yet. Here is their response:
    Thanks for your interest in Living Proof and our first line of products
    No Frizz. The treatment for waves and curls will be available when we
    launch nationwide in Sephora in February. In the meantime, you can try
    the cream for waves and curls, and yes you will get a free additional
    product with your purchase!

Thought I would share :)
    Hair Type: 3b with a little 3a mixed in
    Stylist: Annah at Phia Salon in Columbus, OH
    Shampoo: I rarely use but when I do it is Abba True Shine
    Conditioner: ABBA Creme Masque
    Leave in: A dime size of ABBA Creme Masque
    Style product fall/winter: Two squirts of Jesse Curl Confidient Coils and one two finger scoop of pink boots
    Style product spring/summer: KCCC and CK
    http://public.fotki.com/curlygurney/
    password: easy123
  • phranq12345phranq12345 Registered Users Posts: 31
    .. did you use it by itself. Did you have to use gel for hold, or does it have any? Also what about any leave in or other product under it?

Thanks
    "let us be grateful for those that make us happy; they are the charming gardners that make our souls blossom" -- Proust
    .. did you use it by itself. Did you have to use gel for hold, or does it have any? Also what about any leave in or other product under it?

Thanks

I used it by itself. it has plenty of hold on its own and doesn't dry sticky. I usually just airdry my hair and shake it out when it's dry.

I'm trying the straight balm today...just for curl definition though, I'm not straightening.
  • KindaWavyKindaWavy Registered Users Posts: 383
    I emailed them because the one product for thick coarse hair isn't available yet. Here is their response:
    Thanks for your interest in Living Proof and our first line of products
    No Frizz. The treatment for waves and curls will be available when we
    launch nationwide in Sephora in February. In the meantime, you can try
    the cream for waves and curls, and yes you will get a free additional
    product with your purchase!

Thought I would share :)

Oh noes.. I'm starting to jones (it's been a whole 3 days since I've ordered product!). But how can I not order when they're giving an additional product w/purchase- that brings the cost down to what, about $12 apiece? Hardly more than drugstore finds; I must have!

:geek:
    Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
    pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
    KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
    Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.
    loririddle wrote: »
    i am new...AOHR?

i just ordered a bottle of the living proof. will post my results!:afro:

Sorry, I missed this the first go-round. AOHR= Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, which is a heavenly scented heavier conditioner. It's very popular around here- and with good reason. I bought mine online, but I have since seen it at my local health food store. Also, I've read that some posters are starting to see Aubrey Organics products at Wal Mart.

Can't wait to hear your results!
    pw=hairhairhair

I just can't seem to leave this thread alone.. :embarassed:

Now I'm having second thoughts. I'm wondering if the free product that is sent when the curly is ordered is the straightening one for the same hair type OR if they send both available curly products. Can someone who's ordered and received their product respond to this? For me, it'd be a no-brainer if you receive both curly prods for $24, but the straightener would be worthless to me.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?
    pw=hairhairhair

• AngieNYCAngieNYC Registered Users Posts: 32
    Thanx for all the posts/information! So far, the results sound promising...

I'm going to order this, but I'm not sure which one to get. Did you ladies order the spray for fine hair, or the cream for medium hair?

I have fine hair, but I like the idea of a cream better...

Thanx again! :-)

--> Fine, thin, shoulder length 3B Corkscrews -I think! (became more Botticelli while following CG the first time in 2008...but this time around they are back to normal)
    --> Using Deva NoPoo & Angell, with either One Condition or Suave Coconut Conditioner since I like how it weighs down & stretches my curls more.
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    I was avoiding this thread cause I had assumed it was just another line of silicone laden products.
    They mentioned this line on the Today show this morning as part of their review of some of the best new beauty products out there, so I had to hop in here and see what it was all about. I think they mentioned it was created by a student at MIT or something like that.

Looks, promising. I noticed the sprays have alcohol in them though. But the other ingredients seem to look ok.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
    AngieNYC wrote: »
    Thanx for all the posts/information! So far, the results sound promising...

I'm going to order this, but I'm not sure which one to get. Did you ladies order the spray for fine hair, or the cream for medium hair?

I have fine hair, but I like the idea of a cream better...

Thanx again! :-)

I ordered the cream for medium to thick hair. because I have a lot of hair.
    when they sent me my order confirmation, I'd written back asking if I could return it if it didn't work and the customer service rep wrote back that I could but I would love it. after I tried it out, I wrote back to her telling her how great I think the product is and the CEO took the time to reply.

I just wish it weren't as expensive. but if you think about it, the total cost of products we buy adds up anyway. so it's worth it, I think.
  • tycho19tycho19 Registered Users Posts: 805
    I just caved and ordered it. One woman on MUA was just raving. Oh well, what's another $24???
    2B/2C wavy
    Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    I signed up on their email list when I was on the site and I got this email from them the other day (look below) Sounds like you will only be able to purchase stuff fromt the website until Oct. 11 and then the official launch of the line will be in Feb of 09. Also, they're gonna be on QVC.

I'm tempted to order but would like to wait and hear what results others are having.

ETA: sorry, don't know why it looks all weird

Dear Living Proof Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Living Proof and our first product line, No Frizz. We are so happy to have been able to share the first anti-frizz technology in over 30 years and Allure magazine’s beauty breakthrough of 2008.

For being one of our charter customers, we want to make sure you know that our limited edition of No Frizz products will only be available on our website through Saturday, October 11th.

On October 12th, from 4-7 PM EST you will have an opportunity to meet me, CEO of Living Proof Rob Robillard, and buy the limited edition lab series No Frizz duos, for fine-medium and medium-thick hair, exclusively on QVC and QVC.com.

The nationwide launch of No Frizz is February 2009 at which point you will be able to purchase our line at Sephora, Sephora.com, QVC, QVC.com, and our website, www.livingproof.com.

Here at Living Proof, we have one goal in mind – to solve beauty problems by inventing efficient technologies for results you can see across the room. We believe No Frizz meets that challenge, but we couldn’t have done it without the support of our customers. Thank you for your feedback, ideas, and suggestions.

Please keep in touch by calling us at 1-866-240-9933 Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm EST or by emailing us at [email protected].

Thanks again,

Rob Robillard
    CEO, Living Proof
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • mousmastermousmaster Registered Users Posts: 35
    I ordered and received the styling spray for fine to medium hair. I also got a free bottle of the "for straight styles" styling spray. I'm not sure why they would think that if we ordered the styling spray for "curly hair" that we could use the styling spray for "straight styles". I could have used two of the same that I ordered instead. That being said.... it's not working for me. My daugher has tried it twice and I've tried it 3 times and the bottle is down to about a fourth left. This stuff is expensive for the amount you get. I had hoped it would at least last longer. I have shoulder length hair and I used more than 20 sprays as it suggests for long hair. - They say you can't use too much.

I've always thought that I had fine to medium hair but the stying spray isn't a match. Maybe I should have ordered the creme instead. I so wanted this to work!!

Today I used it with Mop-C over it and I think my CK works better. Are you guys having better luck with the creme?
    CG-modified since 7/08
    3a and 3b -I think :hello2:
    shampoo bars
    BRHG
    testing: SS, CIAB and CCCL
    mousmaster--I would reach out to them and see if you can return it for maybe the other product or a refund if your not happy. Toothfairy had asked and they said it could be returned if not liked.

Mine just came in the mail today and as soon as I am on the conference call I am on right now (I work from home) I am going to go shower and try it out.

It is pricy for 4 oz of product (especially since you are to use at least a quarter size or more) but hopefully it will be amazing and I won't care!

I will let everyone know my results.
    Style product fall/winter: Two squirts of Jesse Curl Confidient Coils and one two finger scoop of pink boots
    Hi all--Ok, I tried it. I do like it, but I am not sure if it is any better than my KC/[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] combo I use.

When I use those two products together, I really don't get much frizz (unless I mess around with it before it is dry of course).

It does look a little bit shinier, which is a plus since my hair is coarse it is hard to get any shine to it.

I used nothing else but the Living Proof today (I got the cream for Med to Thick hair). Tomorrow I am going to try it again with a leave-in conditioner.

Overall, I give it a two thumbs up (although I get similiar results with the KC/[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] combo so I am not sure if I will order again).

I will let you know how tomorrow goes.
  • mousmastermousmaster Registered Users Posts: 35
    I called Living Proof about a exchange and they were so helpful! She even told me I didn't have to return my styling spray (I'm exchanging for the creme) and gave me tips so that it might work better for me.
    CG-modified since 7/08
    3a and 3b -I think :hello2:
    shampoo bars
    BRHG
    testing: SS, CIAB and CCCL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file