My hair looses its volume and curls

adaliaadalia Registered Users Posts: 17
So I have used the wonderful website for many things when it comes to my hair. I have come a long way with my curls as well. But now I am stuck again and I am hoping someone has an answer...

I recently chopped my hair off (11 inches). My stylist did a wonderful job cutting my hair. It looked fabulous. It was just above my shoulders with an angle that was shorter in the back. I was so surprised at how nice it looked! It had wonderful volume too!! Its been about 2 and a half months since. Now my hair is at my shoulders and when I style it in the morning it looks great! The curls are defined and I've got volume and no frizz. But once I leave the house and get to work within an hour my hair seems to droop, i still have curls but they are bland and I've lost all the volume. what do i do?!?!

Here is my routine:
after washing i plop for about 15 minutes (sometimes i put the product in before, sometimes after, i don't see a difference, besides its easier before) Then i let it air dry for a very short time then go to difussing pixie style. Thats it! I have been using the products recommended by my guy which are...paul mitchell's sculpting foam mixed with a curling creme and super skinny serum. This mixture worked wonderful in the beginning but now im' having second thoughts.

Any ideas???

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Are you CG? You're not listing all of your products. I'm unaware of a serum that's CG. Depending on your shampoo, you may be getting build up. Since going CG, my curls are better, since going with more natural products they are better yet. I started using soap/shampoo bars about three weeks ago. It has helped a lot with volume. I rarely use gel anymore. As long as I use a curl creme my curls last all day with very little frizz.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyKatieCurlyKatie Registered Users Posts: 82
    I agree with Kathy, you may want to look into that serum. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it does get rid of frizz, but is also designed to make your hair lay flat, so you would naturally lose some volume. I have very fine 3a hair, and used to have this same problem, but since going CG, I'm actually having the exact opposite. I've been doing this since near the beginning of July and it's made a huge difference. On very humid days I still use a gel, but otherwise I'm down to pretty much just using a leave in conditioner (I prefer Nexxus Headress Weightless Leave in Conditioner), plopping 5-10 minutes, and heading out the door. My volume just increases throughout the day, and when I wake up in the morning, it's practically defying gravity! If you're unsure of whether or not your products contain cones, which could be weighing your hair down, this website:
    http://healthycurls.awardspace.com/cones.html
    is a wonderful resource for finding the hidden cones in the ingredient list, and figuring out which ones are water soluble.

Hope that helps you. Best of luck!
    2c/3a Fine and Thin
    CG Since 07/01/08
    My hair loves: KCCC!
    :love7: Nexxus Headress Weightless Leave In, HE TT, Loreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for Long Wavy/Curly hair.
    My Hair Hates: MagSulf, Jessicurl, LOOB.
  • LiesaLiesa Registered Users Posts: 61
    I love Paul Mitchell stuff - but they are LOADED with cones. I find I can only use that stuff for a few uses and then I need to clarify. Those "serum" are dangerous. Silicone central!
    Liesa
    :eye:2c/3a/3b
  • adaliaadalia Registered Users Posts: 17
    So i'm thinking I just need to go find better products..once again =)

The Paul mitchell serum is going bye bye I guess =)
    I also used to use the paul mitchell foam (can't remember the name...but it ran out anyways) And the paul mitchell Round Trip.

has anyone used Giovanni Magnetic attraction styling gel?

So all these products I hear people talking about I can never seem to find them when I go looking for them. Where can I find these popular products?

Thanks for your help!!!
  • adaliaadalia Registered Users Posts: 17
    Oh and the shampoo and cond. I use are the Refresh brand from Trader Joes...Heard of it??
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    adalia wrote: »
    Oh and the shampoo and cond. I use are the Refresh brand from Trader Joes...Heard of it??

There are people here who use and like it. I think the Nourishing is more popular. I found the shampoo to "strip" my hair and the conditioner not very moisturizing.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyKatieCurlyKatie Registered Users Posts: 82
    Unfortunately, from what I've seen a lot of the products preferred by people on this site need to be ordered. You can find a few hidden gems from time to time, but you may just need to bite the bullet and buy online. :dontknow:

Like I said before, I've found a great leave in (for me at least) that luckily I can get at the CVS right down the street, so that's great!

Good luck with product experimenting! I think it's always a work in progress for most of us.
    2c/3a Fine and Thin
    CG Since 07/01/08
    My hair loves: KCCC!
    :love7: Nexxus Headress Weightless Leave In, HE TT, Loreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for Long Wavy/Curly hair.
    My Hair Hates: MagSulf, Jessicurl, LOOB.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file