CurlTalk

TJ's has a new shampoo and conditioner

I'd say that the shampoo is modified cg friendly or a low poo, and that the condtioner is cg friendly.

The line is called Tea Tree Tingle, and I'd put money on it really being a Giovanni re-make.

Here's the goods:

They are both $3.99 for 16 oz bottles. They smell strongly of peppermint and moderately of tea tree.

Shampoo indgredients:

Aqua (purified water) with *tea tree (melaleucas alternafolia) oil, *peppermint (mentha piperita) oil, *eucalyptus (eucalyptus officinalis) oil, *rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) oil, *nettle (urtica diocia) oil, *thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (betula alba) oil, *chamomile (anthemis nobilis flower) oil, *clary (salvia sclarea), *coltsfoot leaf (tussilago farfara), *yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, *mallow (malva sylvestris), *horsetail (equisetum arvense) oil, *soybean protein (glycine soja), c12-14 olefin sulfonate (coconut derived), cocamidopropyl betaine, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, sodium chloride (sea salt), grapefruit seed (citrus derived),

Conditioner:

Aqua (purified water) with *tea tree (melaleucas alternifolia) oil, *peppermint (mentha piperita) oil, *eucalyptus (eucalyptus officinalis) oil, *nettle (urtica diocia) oil, *thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (betula alba) oil, *chamomile (anthemis nobilis flower) oil, *clary (salvia sclarea), *coltsfoot (tussilago farfara), *yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, *mallow (malva sylvestris), *horsetail (equisetum arvense) oil, *soybean protein (glycine soja), cetyl alcohol (plant derived), tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived)

* organic
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Comments

• redheadmommy05redheadmommy05 Posts: 289Registered Users
    Can i order Trader Joe's off the internet? I don't believe i have any near me RCC. I have been wanting to try their other conditioner that everyone likes also. I also love Giovanni TTT so it would be great to get a peppermint, tea trea mixture for less money.
    3A thick curls and waves.....
    trying to find a simple hair routine for a nurse/mommy always on the go!!
    Currently using henna and ....
    Low poos: Giovanni TTT , KC Come Clean
    CO: Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin MC, CJ Deep Fix, AOHR, TIGI MM, KCKT
    Stylers: Ecostyler, KCCC, BRHG, DevaCare Arc AnGel
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fredheadmommmy05" class="Popup
    pw:curly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Hi RHM!

TJ's doesn't do online ordering, but their stuff sometimes shows up on ebay.

If you want though, I don't mind doing the occasional custom purchase. You'd get it cheaper too since I get the 10% employee discount, lolo!

• redheadmommy05redheadmommy05 Posts: 289Registered Users
    Awesome set me up!!! Let me know how we would do this and how you want paid!!!
    3A thick curls and waves.....
    trying to find a simple hair routine for a nurse/mommy always on the go!!
    Currently using henna and ....
    Low poos: Giovanni TTT , KC Come Clean
    CO: Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin MC, CJ Deep Fix, AOHR, TIGI MM, KCKT
    Stylers: Ecostyler, KCCC, BRHG, DevaCare Arc AnGel
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fredheadmommmy05" class="Popup
    pw:curly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    After checking out Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, I am almost positive that whoever makes the Giovanni version is making the TJs version. the Giovanni is about $8.00 (and can be found for a lot less on discount sites)for 8.5 oz, so the TJs is a lot cheaper.

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I'm going to go look for this -- has anyone tried it yet? How does it compare to Giovanni's, if you've tried both?
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I will have to keep an eye out for the conditioner. I like the giovanni tree tea condish for co-washing and I hate the bottle. So if I could something similar in a less aggravating bottle and cheaper - what more could I ask for?
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • curry curlscurry curls Posts: 969Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    After checking out Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, I am almost positive that whoever makes the Giovanni version is making the TJs version. the Giovanni is about $8.00 (and can be found for a lot less on discount sites)for 8.5 oz, so the TJs is a lot cheaper.

I just went to Trader Joe's yesterday looking for this conditioner, because when I went to buy the Giovanni, aloe had appeared in the ingredients list. I was so sad. However, I dashed off to Trader Joe's and found the tea tree tingle. I was really excited, because there was no aloe and also no glycerin. I bought eight bottles! :) I really hope their formula doesn't change. At least I'm stocked up if they do. I even bought three bottles of the Nourish Spa, because it smelled good...figured I could use it for co-washing or something. :) And, I bought my 13 year old the tea tree tingle shampoo. She likes the Giovanni version, and this was way cheaper. I think Giovanni has upped its prices. The conditioner was $8.99 at Rite Aid. Anyhow, I am soooo happy with this conditioner. I used it today, and it was great...maybe even slightly more tingle with this one. :)
    Started CG July 8, 2008 :)

3[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
    Rinse out: Ion Effective Care Treatment
    Leave-in/Styling: Alba Botanica leave in with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner :love2: on top
  • avid_naomiavid_naomi Posts: 63Registered Users

you know, I was thinking the same thing. I swear that the TJs spa conditioner is exactly the same as the Giovini 50/50 - I have both in my shower now, and they smell, feel, and work just alike. I am going to take a closer look at the bottles.

I need to try this one now!
    3b/corkicelli, color treated, loves moisture, s-wavies on top, tight cork screws underneath and on the sides
    Product Junkie!
    Modified CG, on hard/well water
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    What?! I have to check out this TJ Spa because I am nearly out of my beloved Giovanni 50:50. I am heading to my natural food store today so I will do some investigating.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam