shrinking curls

cinnamonsugarcinnamonsugar Registered Users Posts: 29
hi! im a 3b. my hair is very long when straightened but when i leave it curly it shrinks so short! im not into short hair styles and was wondering if there was any way for my curls to be the same length as my hair when it is straightened?? how do i prevent my curls from shrinking??!! are there any methods or products out there than can help?
mostly 3c with some 3a & 3b pieces
mixed curly chica

will be changing this soon!-
co-wash: suave coconut conditioner
condish: main and tail
deep condish:
anti frizz:
creme:
moisterizers/2nd day:
oils/butters: olive oil, shea butter
ayurvedic regimen: coming soon!

:color:CG Girls Rule!:color:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but shrinkage is part of the deal with curly hair. It's just one of those things we have to put up with. I wish that I could have my straight length and kepp the curls! :)

SOme heavier products can weigh the hair down, but mostly, one has to wait for it to grow out longer to help wiegh it down also.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Registered Users Posts: 204
    unfortuanatley she is right shrinkage is just somthing that comes along with curly hair. :( I wish I didnt have so much of it either.
    <A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/&quot; target=_blank>

event.png
    Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
    3c/3b
    Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
    Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
  • l.deonl.deon Registered Users Posts: 235 Curl Neophyte
    A little shrinkage is inevitable, but there are some products and styling methods that can make it easier to deal with. A lot of people use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] to elongate and decrease poofiness. I apply it to 3 or 4 sections and rake it through and it actually retains the length better then it would without doing this.

HTH!
    3B Mod CG
    Medium texture/ Normal to low porosity / High density

Current Routine:

Shampoo- GTTT, GVP Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo or ACV/ Baking soda (once a week)
    Co wash- Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    Leave in- Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave- in, Elucence
    Gel- BRHG

Holy grail combo Feb 2013: ISO Bouncy Creme with BRHG on top! :blob3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file