pictures--how to get clumpy curls?

ColochaColocha Registered Users Posts: 344
Here are some recent pictures (first 11 pictures). I like how my hair looks, though I´m curious how to get thicker curls (clumps).

Posting it on the 3c hair.

TIA!
"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

Hair type: 3b/c

Comments

• betweenshadesbetweenshades Registered Users Posts: 130
    you're definatly more 3c than I am, but this is what I do:

I apply my gel when my hair is sopping wet.

I plop. I haven't done it long, but I get nice curls.

I really like your hair! It's so fun looking! I prefer it curly (not that I'm bias...;) ), but you looked pretty with it straight as well. Isn't amazing how long your hair gets? lol
    Sarah - 3B/C, CG since 11/25/05

DevaCurl and Jessicurl rock my hair care world.

My Hair Journal

tiger.gif
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    Colocha-

Your hair looks good. I love the length and back shots, and your color is so rich! Your son is really cute too :)

Cehua has a thread on the 3c board with Techniques for Chunky Curls. Check it out and see if it helps. I posted on that thread some with thoughts. If you have any questions, post again here or bump up Cehua's thread and post there - either way I will try to respond and others may respond too!
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • urbancurlurbancurl Registered Users Posts: 980
    I agree, your hair looks very pretty and healthy, clumpy or not!

I'm not experienced with the natural ingredients you use so I don't have any suggestions as to how to get chunkier curls with those. But I admire your use of home made products!

I have a couple posts in the thread Curltopia mentioned as well.

It looks like your son was in the hospital? I hope he is ok!
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • ColochaColocha Registered Users Posts: 344
    you're definatly more 3c than I am, but this is what I do:

I apply my gel when my hair is sopping wet.

I plop. I haven't done it long, but I get nice curls.

I really like your hair! It's so fun looking! I prefer it curly (not that I'm bias...;) ), but you looked pretty with it straight as well. Isn't amazing how long your hair gets? lol

Thanks! I´ve tried plopping in the past but it doesn´t work for me or probably I´m not doing it properly.
    "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

Curltopia wrote:
    Your son is really cute too

Thanks Curltopia! :D:D

Definitely I´ll check on Cehua´s techniques. So much to learn!
    urbancurl wrote:
    I agree, your hair looks very pretty and healthy, clumpy or not!

Thanks Urbancurl! :oops: :D

Yes, my son was in the hospital. A few weeks after hurricane Wilma, my son contracted pneumonia. He spent 4 days at the hospital and was treated like a king. :lol: The nurses liked him because he was the only blonde boy on the floor! :lol:

• urbancurlurbancurl Registered Users Posts: 980
    Awww, poor thing. I'm sorry he was so sick, but I'm glad he got special treatment! :P
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • betweenshadesbetweenshades Registered Users Posts: 130
    if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work- everyone's hair is different :)
    Sarah - 3B/C, CG since 11/25/05

DevaCurl and Jessicurl rock my hair care world.

My Hair Journal

tiger.gif
  • hlpwizardhlpwizard Registered Users Posts: 47
    On what not to wear there was a woman that hair like yours and Nick use leave in conditioner and gel plus moose but then he took the hair in pieces and twirled it then let it go. There were clumpier curls and it wasnt that bulky. Just a thought. I think it would take awhile to do that though.
    I've tried it on a few pieces of hair and it does work and makes the hair look longer.
    Hair type 3A/B,
    texture- fine
    porosity- low.....except end but think thats from the damage.
    thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file