What's wrong with my hair?

I wet my hair every night and sometimes I do a rinse out and then put in a leave in. Most times I just use a rinse out as a leav in. I will rinse a little of it out and then just twist it into an updo and clip it then I wrap my hair with a scraf. In the morning I unclip it and it's still wet so I'll put it in a bun or a ponytail but when I get home like today it's totally dry parched like nothing was in it at all. What's going on? Anyone else have this problem? The products I'm using are in my sig although last nite I used L'Oreal and a bit of honey but about 4 tbs in four section. TIA!
coarse, thick, fine, low porosity

currently using:

Shampoo: Creme of Nature (red bottle) 2-3 times a week

Leave In: Givonnia Lustra Silk Shea and Mango

Gel: biotera gel, AOMM gel, Loreal Tightly Wound Gel, L'Oreal Melting Gel

Comments

• midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    From my own experience I can tell you that whenever I put honey in my hair, my hair feels dry. I figure it's because honey is a protein and my hair doesn't like too much of that.

It could be the honey/L'Oreal conditioner combination too. I've never been able to use L'Oreal conditioners because they don't do anything for me.

So don't worry! The problem is NOT your hair. The problem is with the products you're putting in it.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Loreal might have silicones. Check the ingredients for anything that ends in 'cone, 'conol, or 'xane. Plus 4 Tbs of honey is a lot. You may want to try a honey rinse using only 2 Tbs in 2 cups of water to pour over your head. Or you may need a richer conditioner than the VO5.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file