Yay for a pro-bf workplace

geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
I just went back to work. My company was bought by another one and so we moved to a new building while I was out on maternity leave.

Not only are there 3 pumping rooms with a comfy chair, sink and refrigerator in the building, each one has a Medela Symphony (hospital grade) pump in there too. I have an old PIS from when I was with Ben, but I am thinking I will spend the $20 on a Symphony conversion kit to try if it works better.
To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.

Comments

• webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    That sounds really nice. It's good to hear that there are still companies that give a rats pattotey about these types of things.
    hello.world.
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    That's wonderful. My friends in the federal gov't have this kind of set up. And some of them have their children in the child care center in their buildings. They can go visit the child and actually breastfeed.

I was lucky to have a private office where I can close the door and put out my little stuffed cow (to indicate that I'm pumping).
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    ...put out my little stuffed cow (to indicate that I'm pumping).

That's really funny!

And geeky, your office sounds awesome!
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow, that's great geeky!! I'm so jealous.
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    PixieCurl wrote: »
    ...put out my little stuffed cow (to indicate that I'm pumping).

That's really funny!

And geeky, your office sounds awesome!

Yeah, I work at a small firm where I am the first to have a baby and the majority of our staff is male. They were freaked out by the whole pumping thing and were constantly worried about walking in on me. I came up with the idea as a way to indicate that they shouldn't walk in at the moment. The best part is it's anatomically correct (has nipples and all)!
    They love it and everyone knows what the cow means! It's a small gesture that made everyone happy. And even clients who've visited thought it was great. I'm almost ready to hand it over to the next mommy-to-be in the office.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    That's amazing... I'm lucky if I get paper clips.

The breast pump I rent is the Symphony. I really like it. I used a pump in style with my son and the Symphony seems way quicker. My conversion kit was fifty dollars, but it came with extra shields and bottles.
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file