Best defense for hair breakage?

confused moreconfused more Posts: 29Registered Users
Ok I am new to all this so bear with me with all the questions. In your opinion what is the best products to prevent hair breakage?

I feel I have too much hair on the sink and in the shower when I mess with my hair. Any one with advice for me would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Protein treatments always do wonders on my hair to stop the breakage. The protein bonds to the hair strands and makes them stronger and less likely to break.

There are some people who are protein sensitive though, and I'm not sure what they do when they run into this problem... if you're not sure if you're sensitive or not, that'd be a good way to find out! :P
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • confused moreconfused more Posts: 29Registered Users
    is protein treatment your deep treatment 1 x a week? What is your protein treatment?
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've only done one once, after my hair started going a little limp and lifeless and I was noticing a good bit of breakage.

Sally's has one called Aphogee 2 step protein treatment. It's pretty hardcore, and i couldn't STAND the smell of it, but it really helped strengthen my hair. My curls were looser for a couple of days, while they adjusted but eventually it really helped them.

I THINK you're supposed to do it about once a month, but I just started using conditioners and styling products that have protein in them and I haven't noticed an issue yet. And I definitely had to do DTs after... it dried my hair out a bit.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file