Long Hair

UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
Hello. Do any of you have long hair? I am finding it difficult to enjoy my waves now that my hair has gotten longer. I feel I have to braid it at night, so then I have "braid waves" in the morning. And during the day I feel I have to wear it up to keep it from tangling and getting damaged. So there's no way to have my natural waves! I have lots of products I bought, but I don't even know how to apply them now that my hair is longer. I want it long, so I'm not complaining, but I want the waves, too.
2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!

Comments

• kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    Mine is about BSL now. I have still been able to pull off a high ponytail (pineapple) at night but I think the satin pillowcase is crucial. I wouldn't be without my satin pillowcase! So far my routine hasn't changed but I've noticed my hair getting longer and have been wondering how long this will work.
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
    I agree totally about the pillowcase! I'm sure I'd have a disaster without that! I have given up the pineapple, since it is less comfortable than braids at this point.
    2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!
  • SmokeyjoelSmokeyjoel Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have below bra strap hair. It grows fast. I sleep on a satin pillowcase too, and use the Aquios microfiber towel under my hair draped on my shoulders only -- I do not towel dry.
    Smokey=)
  • stubbornirishhairstubbornirishhair Posts: 118Registered Users
    Would some very long layers help give it some more volume? That way you could keep the length and the waves might be more resilient. Just a thought!
    2B wavy thick hair
    Fia=2a M iii
    modified CG since 1/12/06
    It's a good idea, but I don't think I want to put any layers in it, since it is so fine.
  • jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
    Do most of you 2as have FINE hair? Mine is so thick that anything above arm pit length looks terrible and poofy. I HAVE to have mine long to weigh it down a bit. I have TOO MUCH volume and too little wave.
    2b, low porosity, high density, fine, loves protein
    2a hair IS fine hair. If you hair is not fine, then you are a 2b or a 2c. Maybe your hair is fine and thick?
  • jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
    :lol: It used to be VERY curly (at least 3a). That may be way I have a curly texture. But now, it is no where near curly...it's barely wavy.

I guess when I just see pictures in the 2b and 2c forums, my hair has far less wave then theirs. When I asked everyone what they thought, I seriously got replies like "You look like a 2a, but it's thick like a 2c."

But it's definitely thick...took 5 layers to straighten it the other day. And it's not exactly fine though it acts like it---the wave tends to get limp.

I guess it depends on which hair thing you are looking at. The Fia (or something like that) hair classifications doesn't include thickness-fineness, etc. It only categorizes by wave pattern.

But then again, I bounce back and forth between all of the 2 forums for this reason.
    2b, low porosity, high density, fine, loves protein

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file