Ingredient arrangement making cones water soluble?

stormstorm Registered Users Posts: 204 Curl Neophyte
I remember reading here somewhere about the way some ingredients in products may be arranged that make the silicones water soluble..

Q1.Is that true?because im having trouble finding good rich conditioners where i live.The only pure CG conditioners i can get are Suave Naturals and Alberto Vo5 and theyre not rich enough.

Q2.I was looking at this line of "Osmo Essence" haircare products..has anyone tried them by the way..Some of their conditioners have Peg modified silicones(just dimethicone)..Are those ok to be used while im just CO-washing?

Thanks,,still experimenting with CG for the past 2 months.

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    PEG-modified is the only thing I've heard of that might make them water soluble. Personally, the PEG-cones wash out just fine for me (or have, so far!) but I know some people say they build up a little bit on their hair.

I think it's just a trial and error thing to see how your hair deals with it.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • stormstorm Registered Users Posts: 204 Curl Neophyte

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file