Does wavy hair get frizzy?

helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird BannedPosts: 1,632Banned Users
After some searching around my mother told me that my hair is wavy. I haven't seen my natural hair in a couple of years so I was a bit confused.

Anyway, I want to chop my hair off... but I kinda have a feeling that it'll get extremely frizzy looking. My mom told me that my hair looked like the girls from those hair commercials when it looked like they got electrocuted, thus making me look like a lion. Some kid in 6th grade used to say: "You look like a lion, RAWR!" So... I'm kind of scared about that. Is there anyway to make sure that it won't end up frizzy looking? I don't want to scare the children, ha.
eIZWI.gif
:love10:

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you do have some natural curl, and you cut your hair off short, you probably will have some frizz and 'poof' unless you use styling products to counteract it.

Do you have any pictures of how it looks now? It'd be easier to tell if we could see what we're talking about :)
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird Banned Posts: 1,632Banned Users
    MimsTX wrote: »
    If you do have some natural curl, and you cut your hair off short, you probably will have some frizz and 'poof' unless you use styling products to counteract it.

Do you have any pictures of how it looks now? It'd be easier to tell if we could see what we're talking about :)

Nope, no pictures besides the little bit of natural hair I have that is around 4" I think. The rest is relaxed and it looks more like a 2a (the relaxed part), so I don't think that'll be much help :/

I'm tempted to cut off a portion of my hair to see though. If I do that, I'll be sure to post a picture :]
    eIZWI.gif
    :love10:
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lol gotcha

Well, even if it does frizz a bit there's no reason why you couldn't combat it with some styling products. Lord knows if I just let my hair do what it wants without slathering it with stuff, I look more like an orange q-tip than a human...
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file