Halloween

fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
I know it's a month away, but I love Halloween. I'm thinking of dressing Harry like a sock monkey.41s073JlNbL._SS384_.jpg

We may do "reverse" trick or treating at my office and have him give out treats to people. Anyone else getting excited? (I think the fall air is getting to me!)
Hair type: 3A/B
I lurk, therefore, I am.
My Blog

Comments

• wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    so cute! Will you purchase this or make it?
    I haven't thought about what to do yet. You are way ahead of me!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    We were also thinking of the sock monkey. I don't like monkeys really, but peopel have given him TONS of sock monkey related gifts since he was born, so it seems appropriate!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    I went to get it at Target today and they didn't have his size. Pooh! Plus, I didn't like it as well in person. Back to the drawing board, I guess. I hate to spend money on something he's only going to wear for a few hours. I wish I were crafty so I could make something.
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
    I am re-thinking it as well. He likes to wear hats, but he takes them off a lot too. I woudl rather have a hoodie or soemthing so we can keep up with it easier.

• curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    I just bought DS a costume at a consignment store called 'Once Upon a Child' It only cost me $8.50. This year, he is going as a giraffe...although he thinks he is going as a horse.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    I love that sock monkey costume! Cute!
    I'm getting excited about Halloween also.

We're trying to cut back on expenses so I'm thinking of going the homemade route this year for my 3 year old but still have no idea. I'm tired of spending so much money on a store bought costume which he literally only wears for a couple of hours.

Any suggestions?
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm so not crafty, so I can't help you there, but I ended up finding a regular monkey costume at Walgreens for $9.99 on sale. It is adorable!
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
    Ok- so we ended up buying a Boxer costume. he has been wearing the boxing gloves for days punching stuff.... Oh...and showing everyone his "muscles"!

• subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    shelli wrote: »
    Ok- so we ended up buying a Boxer costume. he has been wearing the boxing gloves for days punching stuff.... Oh...and showing everyone his "muscles"!

i was going to get majerle a boxer costume too but i was worried that she wouldnt wear the gloves. what size did you get?
    It came in "Toddler" & "Child"- we got toddler. The gloves slide on their wrist and they have the option of putting their fingers in this little pocket. So they can still hold stuff and use their fingers with the gloves on.

• sarah42sarah42 Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    Yesterday I finally bought costumes for the boys. Connor is going to be Superman. DH was keen on dressing him up as a superhero. It has long sleeves/pants, and no masks or hats, which Connor doesn't like wearing, so I bought it.

17837.jpg?zm=400,400,1,0,0

Oliver is going to be a chili pepper.

chili-pepper-baby_476x357.jpg
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    Danae is going as a pink fairy. I asked her what kind of costume she wanted, and she told me she wanted "beautiful butterfly wings".

pinkfairy.jpg

It's even prettier in person! The day we got it, I tried it on her for size, and she didn't take it off for hours!

Sarah, Oliver's chili pepper reminds me of Danae's first Halloween...she was a peapod!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Maya is insisting that she be a pink supergirl. She spotted it in a catalog, I'm ordering it tomorrow. The boys are going as hippies. We have a Halloween parade in our town, and we are going to dress up the stroller as a VW bus and Max will push Aidan in it. I bought Max a long hair wig and little round glasses at the dollar store, but we have everything else we'll need for the costumes. At least it will offset the cost of pink supergirl.
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    i finally finished sewing majerle a dress to be dorothy from the wizard of oz! im proud of myself since this is my first time sewing anything.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    The little one will be thing 1 or thing 2...
    how's that for ambiguous? lol

Hubby's idea... :goofy:
    t6rryg.jpg I wanted to do a black eye with makeup but 1. he has extrememly sesitive skin & I don't know how that would go and
    2. I'm scared he woudl rub it into his eyes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file