tempted to 'poo

curlyaniecurlyanie Posts: 111Registered Users
i need help girls, it's my 2nd day trying out stuff from this site..yesterday i co washed,the day before i shampooed and conditioned..i saw my curls for the first time yesterday and i was happy to see them, really really wanted to keep them..
today i water washed, and here are my curls again..its my first day to go out curly, my curls are great though i have a bit of a frizz goin on but my head is kinda greasy..im thinking of 'pooing tonight or tomorrow, but im scared i might lose my curls,..advice?:(

plus how should i use gel on my hair?never used any before, just leave-ins and serums, can't i just use those for when my hair is dry?
product staple: suave coconut conditioner
goal: healthy BSL! :D
obstacle: haven't figured it out:crybaby:
:protest:probable suspects
  • hard water
  • varying product use
  • weather-hair chemistry confusion

Comments

• greengrlgreengrl Posts: 129Registered Users
    Don't worry, there are several things you could do before you resort to shampooing. You could do an apple cider vinegar (acv) rinse. You co-washed yesterday but which conditioner did you use? What are the ingredients.

It seems as though you have wavy hair, if this is the case it is okay to shampoo every once in a while just make sure it is a shampoo with no sulphates.

Do not use any serums in your hair. They are loaded with 'cones that are horrible for your hair & will require a heavy duty shampoo to get it all out.

Leave-ins are fine as long as the ingredients do not end in 'xane, 'cone, or 'conol (these are silicones).

Gel should be used after your leave-in while hair is still wet. Most wavies scrunch it in to create curls. Do not comb it through or you run the risk of combing out your curls.
  • greengrlgreengrl Posts: 129Registered Users
    Maybe you should try doing a co-wash with a clarifying conditioner like VO5 kiwi lime or vanilla mint tea.
  • curlyaniecurlyanie Posts: 111Registered Users
    thank you! you've been a big help!:)..im gonna go find that vo5 co..
    product staple: suave coconut conditioner
    goal: healthy BSL! :D
    obstacle: haven't figured it out:crybaby:
    :protest:probable suspects
    • hard water
    • varying product use
    • weather-hair chemistry confusion
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you are trying CG, it can take 4 - 6 weeks before your scalp and hair adjust, so you might have some greasiness and/or frizziness. Be patient, scrub/massage your scalp when cowashing, use a silicone free conditioner on the length to moisturize and detangle.

Try an ACV rinse - 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 2 cups of water. Pour over hair, then rinse well before conditioning. Keep reading ingredients on hair products and stay away from anything that ends in 'cone, 'conol, and 'xane.

Good luck!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file