1st time going cg what should i do?

curlyaniecurlyanie Posts: 111Registered Users
i tried the conditioner rinse today and my hair looked its curly best, but as the day went on it got less curly..wat should i do for tomorrow so i can get better hair..help anyone?:sad8:im a 2b
product staple: suave coconut conditioner
goal: healthy BSL! :D
obstacle: haven't figured it out:crybaby:
:protest:probable suspects
  • hard water
  • varying product use
  • weather-hair chemistry confusion

Comments

• greengrlgreengrl Posts: 129Registered Users
    I'm fairly new to cg also, a little over a month but a mod-cg. What products did you use? Did you use a styling product as well? Did you refresh your curls mid-day? I have 3b hair and find that I need a little styling product or else my curls just lossen out to waves similar to 2a.
  • curlyaniecurlyanie Posts: 111Registered Users
    greengrl wrote: »
    I'm fairly new to cg also, a little over a month but a mod-cg. What products did you use? Did you use a styling product as well? Did you refresh your curls mid-day? I have 3b hair and find that I need a little styling product or else my curls just lossen out to waves similar to 2a.

i used pantene conditioner but im gonna switch to suave..and vitress serum, does that do anything for curly hair?...i didn't refresh it, what should i use to do that?is water ok?
    im experimenting with aloe vera, i read that curlies get a lot from them
    ..sigh, but i'm still a bit clueless about goin' cg:cry:, im gonna look for that handbook!i hope to find it..thankyou greegrl!:wav:
    product staple: suave coconut conditioner
    goal: healthy BSL! :D
    obstacle: haven't figured it out:crybaby:
    :protest:probable suspects
    • hard water
    • varying product use
    • weather-hair chemistry confusion
  • greengrlgreengrl Posts: 129Registered Users
    i used pantene conditioner but im gonna switch to suave..and vitress serum, does that do anything for curly hair?...i didn't refresh it, what should i use to do that?is water ok?
    im experimenting with aloe vera, i read that curlies get a lot from them
    ..sigh, but i'm still a bit clueless about goin' cg:cry:, im gonna look for that handbook!i hope to find it..thankyou greegrl!:wav:[/quote]

Most Pantene conditioners have silicone in them. Check the ingredients & if there is one that ends in 'cone, 'xane, or 'conol, these are silicones. That could explain why you are having trouble.

I have used suave to co-wash but find that I get better results with VO5 especially the vanilla mint (clarifying conditioner) and the moisture milks (my hair loves protein).

You can refresh with just water, either in a spray bottle or I just scrunch it in to retouch my curls. if this doesn't work mix a light conditioner or a leave in with water in a spray bottle and spritz. :wink:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file