hair need moisture any ideas

My hair is too dry. I am a recent convert to cg even though I am now no poo and cowash honey/leave in 50/50 my hair is more thirsty than before. anybody have any suggestions...

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    What products are you using? What are their ingredients?
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • silveropessilveropes Registered Users Posts: 33
    suave naturals tropical coconut
    water, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, potassium cloride, fragrance, distearldimonium chloride, disodium edta, glcerin, 2 bromo 2 nitropropane1,3 diol methylchloroisothiazoline, methylisothazolinone, proplene glysol, tocopheryl, cetate, silk amino acid, honey, extract, rosmarinus officinalis, leaf extract,cocoa nucifera extract.

Lord I hope i never have to do that again.

1st of the month daily clarifying shampoo (suave)

water ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium laureth sulfate, cocamide mea, ammonium chlorid peg5 cocamide, colose, tetrasodium, edta, dmdm hydntonin, citric acid, peg/ppg 20/15 dimethicone methylchlorisothazoinone, methlisothiazolinone tocopheryl acetate

i'm sorry if it is spelled wrong i can't read .5 bottle print.
    Well, in the other thread you said you're using a leave-in with a silicone in it, so I'd clarify with the sulfate shampoo and then do a good DT for moisture.

Since your hair is dry and straw-like, try cutting out proteins. The other Suave Naturals conditioners (except for maybe vanilla) don't have protein in them.
    CG since 6/15/08!

• silveropessilveropes Registered Users Posts: 33
    what does dt mean??
    Deep Treatment
    CG since 6/15/08!

• curlycue82curlycue82 Registered Users Posts: 92
    I am not Lush's biggest fan since they claim to be all natural and aren't...well, not all of their products are natural anyways, but the H'Suan Wen Hua does wonders for thirsty hair. Lush advocates using half the pot for one treatment, one handful of the goop is good, I coat my hair (2 handfuls for me, in total, I have to apply in sections, this is a bit messy) and then I twist it up with a schrunchie and cover with a plastic shower cap - because this stuff smells STRONG.

I do not know if this treatment is all natural or not, but it does work. Too much will makes curls fall out, I finally hit on the perfect amount yesterday and had an amazing hair day. (I did the treatment, shampooed with a sulfate shampoo since the day before I used a silicone product, conditioned, did a honey rinse, and a bit of gel...)

sulfates are REALLY drying and they are in one of the products you listed, so that is why you are probably so dry.

it is so tough to go CG - they stick 'cones and sulfates in practically everything. sigh.

good luck!
  • curlycue82curlycue82 Registered Users Posts: 92
    I checked, Lush's H'Suan Wen Hua also has a sulfate in it, so it is not as natural as they claim, but it does make hair super soft.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file