CurlTalk

Updated fotki

cclark1cclark1 Posts: 346Registered Users
I got my hair pressed this yesterday at the persistance of my hubby and because it was on him, I went for it. I'm glad I did. It will give me a break from the wash and gos. The best part is that my hairdresser said that my hair was soooo healthy. And it's longer than when I got my last relaxer. But she thinks I have scab hair? Can someone please explain that to me?
Dare to be......remarkable!!!

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    OMG!!! Gorgeous!!! Wow your straight hair looks so much healthier, bouncy and gorgeous than the relaxed pictures you have on your Fotki. Wow I was amazed at how long your hair got. See I told you it would grow!

I love the curly pictures as well. And you're right, you and I have similar hair. Next time try taking a picture by setting the timer, that's how I have to do it.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    Your hair looks beautiful. Here's a thread on scab hair: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=9437&highlight=scab+hair
  • HoneycombHoneycomb Posts: 400Registered Users
    Your hair is beautiful!! And it's long!!! You look beautiful both straight and natural!
  • kdkd Posts: 291Registered Users
    looks really good; i know you are excited about the length. what was your hubby's response?
    comic-p.jpg

Hairveda Whipped cream, suave tropical coconut, kenra, pantene r&n mask:color:/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fsilkycurlskd%2F" class="Popup

event.png
  • Mo_Gemini22Mo_Gemini22 Posts: 485Registered Users
    Your hair looks beautiful! Did your stylist use a chi iron or a marcel iron?
    Last relaxer - July 07
    BC - 8/2/08
    4B headband-holic
    Products in rotation (too many!):
    Shampoo - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Giovanni Tea Tree
    Condish - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Trader Joe Nourish Spa
    Leave in - Sheamoisture Curl Milk, KCNT, Giovanni Direct
    Deep Treatment - Apoghee Two Step Protein Treatment, Giovanni Nutrafix
    Moisturizers - Carefree Curl Gold Spray
    Stylers - Sheamoisture Curl Smoothie
  • drawmuhfreedrawmuhfree Posts: 402Registered Users
    your hair is gorgeous in both states!
    comic-p.jpg

"[My hair and I] are in an unhealthy relationship and I am the abuser."
    --MissKinkyCoily

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fdrawmuhfree%2F" class="Popup
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    Your hair looks wonderful!!!
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • cclark1cclark1 Posts: 346Registered Users
    Girl, my hubby loved it. He's a trip! And Mo_Gemini22, I'm not sure what brand of iron she used. But it was a flat iron. Not like a hot comb. Thanks for all the kind words!
    kd wrote: »
    looks really good; i know you are excited about the length. what was your hubby's response?
    Dare to be......remarkable!!!
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    -cclark: i love that green shirt. your hair looks great too!:laughing7:

-you, mariag and i are hair relatives.
  • ClarkiesMommyClarkiesMommy Posts: 24Registered Users
    Your press came out great! My husband has been hinting at wanting to see my pressed hair again too, but I think I'm going to hold out until October.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2FClarkiesMommy%2Fabout%2F" class="Popup

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it." - Moliere
  • kaymoorekaymoore Posts: 298Registered Users
    cclark1 wrote: »
    I got my hair pressed this yesterday at the persistance of my hubby and because it was on him, I went for it. I'm glad I did. It will give me a break from the wash and gos. The best part is that my hairdresser said that my hair was soooo healthy. And it's longer than when I got my last relaxer. But she thinks I have scab hair? Can someone please explain that to me?

Where did you get your hair straightened? I am in Atlanta and would be interested in having my hair straightened there in the future.
    http://public.fotki.com/kaymoore/

4a/3c combo with 4b in the front

Hair Goal: Shoulder Length and Curly before April 2010!

"Call me Kinky, Call me Nappy...
    It's just Semantics!
    "

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Products I am currently loving:
    Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner
    Anita Grant Rhassoul Deep Conditioner
    Anita Grant Cafe Latte
    Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
    event.png

• jcurladyjcurlady Posts: 626Registered Users
    Wow! I'm green over your puff and shocked at your length on the straight pic. You have beautiful hair.
    if luvin KCKT and KCCC is wrong I don't wanna b right

sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here.
  • Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Posts: 457Registered Users
    I cant wait till i can put my hair in at least two puffs.:blob7::blob7: Currently its one huge puff with just my edges smoothed up how high i like it all around. This concludes the reason im green with envy of your puff.
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
  • curlicurli Posts: 857Registered Users
    cclark1 wrote: »

Your hair is sooo pretty! It grew fast! Lovely...
  • KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users
    Beautiful hair, beautiful lady!! Glad your hubby liked it!
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    Your stylist did a good job, it looks beautiful! :blob7:
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup