CurlTalk

Product Junkie Anonymous

The meeting will now come to order. I'll be the first to admit I'm a PJ and I'm proud of it! :toothy7: Anyone else?
coarse, thick, fine, low porosity

currently using:

Shampoo: Creme of Nature (red bottle) 2-3 times a week

Leave In: Givonnia Lustra Silk Shea and Mango

Gel: biotera gel, AOMM gel, Loreal Tightly Wound Gel, L'Oreal Melting Gel

Comments

• SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    Hi. My name is Sunshine and I'm a PJ. It's been 2 days since my last purchase. I spent $300 in two days on hair products this week.

• scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users
    I confess, I'm a PJ. Why, when I have pretty much found my HG, do I keep searching for the next best thing? Why do I have about a thousand (slight exageration) hair related web sites saved as my favorites? Why do I keep stalking the boards and trying every new routine that gathers a following (such as the Denman, CV, shikakai threads). When is enough, enough I ask you????!!!!!!
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Yup, count me in. The only thing stopping me from ordering KBB and Chagrin Valley right now is lack of funds. I just got a scholarship from my university and they sent me a check for my fall semester since I'd already paid for it. I'm seriously considering using some of that to feed my addiction...
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    I confess, I'm a PJ. Why, when I have pretty much found my HG, do I keep searching for the next best thing? Why do I have about a thousand (slight exageration) hair related web sites saved as my favorites? Why do I keep stalking the boards and trying every new routine that gathers a following (such as the Denman, CV, shikakai threads). When is enough, enough I ask you????!!!!!!

You're enhancing your current routine, not going on to new and better things! I confess, I ordered three dairy whips last night and those Curls Like Us Cloths today. If you get rid of something, you're allowed to buy something to replace it on the shelf. The other rule is that if you have money in your PayPal account, it doesn't count.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »

You're enhancing your current routine, not going on to new and better things! I confess, I ordered three dairy whips last night and those Curls Like Us Cloths today. If you get rid of something, you're allowed to buy something to replace it on the shelf. The other rule is that if you have money in your PayPal account, it doesn't count.

Thanks, kathymack. I feel justified now. I'm off to search out and buy the latest, greatest, make my curls perfect thing.
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
    Thanks, kathymack. I feel justified now. I'm off to search out and buy the latest, greatest, make my curls perfect thing.

It's a pleasure to enable you. Maybe it will work for me, too!!! It so nice that our fellow curlies are willing to sacrifice themselves for the group!
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users

LOL! This is what I tell myself too! I knew that I liked you for a reason. :wink: What is a dairy whip? (Not that I need one, whatever it is.)
    va_candi wrote: »
    LOL! This is what I tell myself too! I knew that I liked you for a reason. :wink: What is a dairy whip? (Not that I need one, whatever it is.)

va_candi, are you losing your edge? You could lose your membership in PJs Anonymous! You let a new product discussion slip by you. I've been watching your purchases (confessions) in some of the other threads. So, I know you've been a busy little pj!

Here's the thread, the Curly Girl Florida must have too much time on her hands. She has her eye on everything! I'm interested because I love my Swastik Shikakai shampoo bar and organic soap bars, but haven't gotten past the waxiness, yet. CGF reports no waxiness!

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=54273&highlight=Flower+Moon+Soaps
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flowermoonsoaps.com%2Fstore%2Findex.asp%3FCatID%3D28%26amp%3Bimage.x%3D23%26amp%3Bimage.y%3D15" class="Popup

Just your friendly neighborhood enabler, stopping by to pay a visit! *lol*

Yes, I'm a PJ - thankfully, I'm a frugal (read: CHEAP) PJ, and for that, DH is grateful. Although I think he's spent more money on boatbuilding books this summer than I have on haircare stuff, so he doesn't have a leg to stand on when I tell him I need something. *rofl*
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com" class="Popup
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    I think of myself as a PJ, but I don't think I qualify for PJA due to the conclusions I come to in order not to buy something else.

I think I'm especially a natural products PJ. That's where my real weakness lies. I have enough natural shampoos and conditioners to last me a whole year. Then there's the new addiction to KBB hair oil. And even though I love Nourish and Shine, you know I couldn't stop myself from trying KBB Hair Butter and Cream. I like N & S better, but I think I'll get some more cream for lighter days when I use it up. The PJ in me just won't let go and stick to N & S and Twist and Lock.

I convinced myself that I really don't need to try Jessicurl, using some of the poor reviews as validation.

I've told myself that after I use up my Innersense, I'll stick with Mop-C, since I like it better, but the good reviews and the idea of having a lighter and a heavier curl cream makes me want to keep it in my routine.

I've decided (so I keep telling myself) that unless I can get it myself, I will stay away. That way I keep my online products to maybe just three. So, stop talking about Boots Curl Creme, please!!! I can't resist curl creams. :( *Lalala, I'm not listening!* Or reading, whatever . . .
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I used to be, the first 2 months of CG. I am now reformed and buy with more discretion..... :profileright:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    rudeechick wrote: »
    I used to be, the first 2 months of CG. I am now reformed and buy with more discretion..... :profileright:

Oh, show off, why don't you?! :evil1::tongue5:
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    Sairis wrote: »
    rudeechick wrote: »

Oh, show off, why don't you?! :evil1::tongue5:
    Not really. I was INSANE the first 2 months....I bought all the hot popular products in rapid fire succession...It wasnt until I entered the 30 PJ rehab pact that I even got a chance to TRY all I had.... ANd in those 30 days 2 things happened: I broke the habit AND I found my HGs.

So I'm happy for now. But I do admit to always keepin my ear to the ground:)
    My Photobucket Album
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    Hello my name is DEL2C and I am a PJ. It's been less than a week since my last purchase and I blame Rudee for it..............Luckily it was only $6.99

I am guilty of looking for the next product that will turn my 2C hair into 3A but it never happens..............
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Hello my name is DEL2C and I am a PJ. It's been less than a week since my last purchase and I blame Rudee for it..............Luckily it was only $6.99

I am guilty of looking for the next product that will turn my 2C hair into 3A but it never happens..............

Rudee, eh? Aha! Kicking the habit while enabling those without the willpower!:laughing7:
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg

Rudee, eh? Aha! Kicking the habit while enabling those without the willpower!:laughing7:

That's it! She's shopping vicariously through others. Shame on you Rudee!!!! (Maybe I should try this; I could save some money.)
  • misfitcurlsmisfitcurls Posts: 735Registered Users
    i am a pj but i am somewhat reformed! i just finished my first full size products (whole jessicurl line!) since going cg (march!) and i ordered more (replacements don't make you a pj right?)

i also ordered [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]kccc[/buylink] because so many raved about it and my curly hair twin loves it (RCC) so thats not too bad.

oh and i recently bought a denman but it was an instant hg so that doesn't count either right?!:toothy7:

when i first went cg i bought all kinds of stuff! then i got overwhelmed with all my new prodcuts and couldn't figure out what was working so i had to take a break to try my new products one at a time and that helped kick the pj-ism

but like rudee i do always keep an eye out for my new HG (it will probably be jessicurl since i have to buy it online!:thumbdown:)
    i just think before i buy now.

man that felt nice to get all that off my chest!:icescream:
    HENNA HEAD
    3B just past BSL in back (when curly)
    CG since 3/08
    HG's:biolage condtioning balm and kpak (both the generic value versions)
    overnight plop with a flour sack the strutt way
    honey after leave-in
    satin sleep cap & shea butter for day 2 hair
    USING:KCKT&KCCC(its my HG :))
    ALSO LOVE:jessicurl aloeba leave-in, rr, ccss
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmisfitcurls%2F" class="Popup
    by: Riot Crrl!
    I think you could walk around with words and stick people drawn on your face and still look supercute.
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users

va_candi, are you losing your edge? You could lose your membership in PJs Anonymous! You let a new product discussion slip by you. I've been watching your purchases (confessions) in some of the other threads. So, I know you've been a busy little pj!

Here's the thread, the Curly Girl Florida must have too much time on her hands. She has her eye on everything! I'm interested because I love my Swastik Shikakai shampoo bar and organic soap bars, but haven't gotten past the waxiness, yet. CGF reports no waxiness!

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=54273&highlight=Flower+Moon+Soaps

LOL! Thanks for getting me caught up. I don't know how I missed that one! Just when I thought I was recovering, I saw a post about another line of natural products in the 4a forum. Now, I'm getting curious...
  • FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    I am a PJ! And trying to be CG and being a PJ in Australia has been hard!!!! After weeks of going into shops and not being able to buy any of the pretty bottles I finally cracked and have allowed some cones back!!! The joy of purchasing!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrr so happy....

Am off today to buy something that I think might do the same as LOOB and to visit Aldi to see if they have a generic Biolage here!!!!!!!

And yes within a week of joining here I had a routine that worked well enough to be called HG!!! But that is sooooo boring....

pretty bottles, pretty bottles, pretty bottles.....
    i am a pj but i am somewhat reformed! i just finished my first full size products (whole jessicurl line!) since going cg (march!) and i ordered more (replacements don't make you a pj right?)

i also ordered [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]kccc[/buylink] because so many raved about it and my curly hair twin loves it (RCC) so thats not too bad.

oh and i recently bought a denman but it was an instant hg so that doesn't count either right?!:toothy7:

when i first went cg i bought all kinds of stuff! then i got overwhelmed with all my new prodcuts and couldn't figure out what was working so i had to take a break to try my new products one at a time and that helped kick the pj-ism

but like rudee i do always keep an eye out for my new HG (it will probably be jessicurl since i have to buy it online!:thumbdown:)
    i just think before i buy now.

man that felt nice to get all that off my chest!:icescream:

Showoff!!!! :)
    <
    Takes the 5th:angel7:

That's it! She's shopping vicariously through others. Shame on you Rudee!!!! (Maybe I should try this; I could save some money.)
    My Photobucket Album
    <
    Takes the 5th:angel7:

Oh NOOOOOOOO :hiding:you don't you little Rascal..........
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • xtxscarletxtxxtxscarletxtx Posts: 21Registered Users
    I will have to confess to being a pj. One of the managers at my job says we need to have an intervention to stop my obsession. It's been about three days since my last product purchase and tommorow i plan on taking a trip to sally's:sad8: I just have to feed the obsession!!!!!!
    3b/3c =) Finally loving my curls!
    I will have to confess to being a pj. One of the managers at my job says we need to have an intervention to stop my obsession. It's been about three days since my last product purchase and tommorow i plan on taking a trip to sally's:sad8: I just have to feed the obsession!!!!!!
    Whatcha buyin'?????? Should we try and STOP YOU? Are you getting Mr.Denman!!??????
    Discovered CG 2007

• xtxscarletxtxxtxscarletxtx Posts: 21Registered Users
    Ha yes that was actually my plan for tomorrow...and i'm trying sooooooo hard not to buy anything till the end of this week because of $, but i NEED that brush. If i don't try the brush i'll be wondering about how my hair "could have been", and that might keep me up at night lol
    3b/3c =) Finally loving my curls!
    Ha yes that was actually my plan for tomorrow...and i'm trying sooooooo hard not to buy anything till the end of this week because of $, but i NEED that brush. If i don't try the brush i'll be wondering about how my hair "could have been", and that might keep me up at night lol
    :laughing3: a TRUE PJ welcome to the club!!
    Discovered CG 2007

• Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Here's the thread, the Curly Girl Florida must have too much time on her hands. She has her eye on everything!

OK...so...you know...but...aaah, forget it!

My name is CGF, and, yes, I'm a PJ....but I bet I don't have as many different products as y'all...just a sheeetload of bars hanging around, and a few tubs of whip, 3 Denman's (but one's 5 yrs old, so that doesn't count, right?)...a few oils...that's all...I can stop whenever I want ... I'm going to go get my glass of wine now...
    eta-so, I have a few shea butters, cocoa butters, coffee butter (which smells heavenly, btw..)
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    ~
  • ajaneajane Posts: 323Registered Users
    I am ajane, I am a PJ. I went to Sally's twice this week, trying to find a denman (got cheap $1 knockoff at the dollar store next door-that justifies it-at least until I can find out if it works then order a real one :laughing7:). I have made three orders of CV shampoo and soap bars and will not confess how many I actually own now, but lets just say, I am good for probably a year. I am trying to find a good reason to order [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] (job interview next week and I need a reward for working 16 days in a row with two days off?). I was going to start a thread to ask the women and men of this board what they think of bioterra gel that I found at Sallly's. And my shining moment, I found some BRHG in my small city, BUT I RESISTED!-for now (I will probably go back next week, except my current kick is natural products). Thank you everyone for your support.
    ajane wrote: »
    I am ajane, I am a PJ. I went to Sally's twice this week, trying to find a denman (got cheap $1 knockoff at the dollar store next door-that justifies it-at least until I can find out if it works then order a real one :laughing7:). I have made three orders of CV shampoo and soap bars and will not confess how many I actually own now, but lets just say, I am good for probably a year. I am trying to find a good reason to order [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] (job interview next week and I need a reward for working 16 days in a row with two days off?). I was going to start a thread to ask the women and men of this board what they think of bioterra gel that I found at Sallly's. And my shining moment, I found some BRHG in my small city, BUT I RESISTED!-for now (I will probably go back next week, except my current kick is natural products). Thank you everyone for your support.

The [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] is totally tempting me. Just about everyone loves it and I can pick up at Ricky's, so I don't have to worry about shipping. I justified not buying with the fact that most say you need [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] to really get the best results, but it's soooo tempting!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg