CurlTalk

I know its not good to straighten...but

kaymoorekaymoore Posts: 298Registered Users
I know that it is not good to straighten your hair. But I need to straighten for an important event next or I need to find some style options. Could you ladies please give me some advice on how to straighten (without damaging) ---or alternative curly styles?
http://public.fotki.com/kaymoore/

4a/3c combo with 4b in the front

Hair Goal: Shoulder Length and Curly before April 2010!

"Call me Kinky, Call me Nappy...
It's just Semantics!
"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Products I am currently loving:
Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner
Anita Grant Rhassoul Deep Conditioner
Anita Grant Cafe Latte
Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
event.png

Comments

• va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    How are you with two-strand twists? When I was transitioning, my cousin gave me an updo for a wedding in which I was a bridesmaid. She two-strand twisted my hair, rollerset it, and then pinned it up in the bank. It sounds complicated, so if you PM me your email address, I'll send you a pic.
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    You should try roller setting your hair or curlformer setting your hair and then going over the curls w/ a flat-iron. With curlformers you can air dry and still get semi-straight roots, which allows you to use your flat-iron on a much lower setting. Its a lot less damaging then going through your hair w/ a blow dryer and then a flat-iron. Or if your looking for more bounce to the curl then after you take the rollers down apply a moisturizer, wrap your hair (doobie style), wrap in saran wrap, and then sit under a dryer for about 15-20 minutes. Heres a video showing how its done:/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQDOPWlDylV4" class="Popup
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
  • zanii0506zanii0506 Posts: 176Registered Users
    rod set