CurlTalk

Meg Ryan's Curls

I love Meg Ryan's hair in this pic. Is she naturally curly? I've seen her hair styled both ways in the past years, but I definitely like it better curly.

the_women_meg_ryan_139x119.jpg

Comments

• BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users
    To me, that looks a little TOO perfect - like curling iron or rollers perfect, you know? I think she is naturally wavy, but not curly. I'd say a 2b at the very most. Remember her "messy" mop 'do? I think that was her natural curl.
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com" class="Popup
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    Just before I posted I thought I should change curls to waves but posted anyway. :laughing7:
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    I love her hair in all the previews for that! I wanted to see it once I saw she was a curly (or a wavy, I guess). Then I heard that's her "frazzled" style, and that towards the end she gets a new "sleek" straight-haired style to go with her new, better life. Thumbs down on that one! :thumbdown:
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    And it probably took her stylists way longer to achieve the wavy look than to flat iron her! The wavy look is gorgeous, though.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • celticgoddesscelticgoddess Posts: 92Registered Users
    indeed it is. i've always liked her best with wavy/curly hair. of course, she's one of those lucky ones who just looks gorgeous no matter what :sad8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2c/3a
    "Being a redhead comes from within. Redheadedness is a quality of the person, a state of mind. Red hair is simply an external, physical, manifestation, and a sure giveaway of this state of mind. Because of its beauty, red hair also is a special gift of nature given to redheads in appreciation for our special role in human society. We are only "different" because there are so few of us." -G. Adam Stanislav
  • enelyaenelya Posts: 69Registered Users
    I LOVED her curly hair aswell, and liked it much better than the straight hair she gets at the end (so blah looking!). I also didn't like that she straightened it, as she was "getting her life together" etc But I saw the movie with two of my girlfriends who have straight hair and are always telling me how nice my hair looked when I straightened it (I don't think I've ever gotten a compliment from them on my curly hair) so I didn't mention anything because they loved it and thought it had a good message... they would have thought I was being away too sensitive and silly for being bothered by the straight hair.

But I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one :D Yay for this forum and fellow curly support! :toothy7:
  • shannon35shannon35 Posts: 114Registered Users
    I think her hair looks beautiful short and curly as well! I wish my curls were "bigger" like hers. I've never liked her w/ straight hair.
    meg-ryan-picture-010.jpg
    comic-p.jpg
    3b curls fine/medium & porous (I think)
    CO-WASH: Suave Naturals coconut
    COND: Matrix Biolage cond. balm or
    AOHR
    ACV rince 1x wk
    LEAVE-IN: Giovanni DLI, Matrix Biolage balm or Aura Cherry Almond Bark
    GEL: HE set me up
    SKIN: Purpose gentle cleansing bar
  • KindaWavyKindaWavy Posts: 383Registered Users
    I love her hair in all the previews for that! I wanted to see it once I saw she was a curly (or a wavy, I guess). Then I heard that's her "frazzled" style, and that towards the end she gets a new "sleek" straight-haired style to go with her new, better life. Thumbs down on that one! :thumbdown:

ITA. Bummer, though; it's gotten good reviews as a "feel good SATC-type" flick. :sad8:
    Photobucket acct: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs432.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fqq48%2FKindaWavy%2F" class="Popup
    pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
    KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
    Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.