We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Feeling very peri-menopausal right now

MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users Curl Neophyte
My list:
skipped period(69 days and counting since my last)
weight gain(no,I am not pregnant)
heart palpitations
fatique
dry,itchy skin
HOT at night-not sweating,though
hot flashes

let me see,have I missed any...? :thumbdown:

eta-yeah,I missed another one-facial hair!(thank God it is uber-light!
"what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
-Mother Theresa

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've gone a couple months between periods in recent years, even though I was always very regular in my younger days. I also get hot at night sometimes. I'm 46...almost 47...so I assume it's peri-menopause. I get chin hairs. Weight gain...pffft...that's my life story, so I don't blame that on hormones.

I don't worry about menopause...I figure it's going to come whether I worry about it or not. If your symptoms are bothering you, though, you can see your doctor and see if they can help. At least they can run some tests and put your mind at ease about the heart palpitations.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,481Registered Users Curl Novice
    I had a hysterectomy at age 37, but ovaries were left. I was on tamoxifen for 5 years and used to get hot flashes while on that. I'm now 46 and am warmer than I used to be and get occasional hot flashes - but not as frequent nor as extreme as when on tamoxifen. But without having periods to go by, it's hard to judge where on the perimenopause/menopause continuum I am. My gyn doesn't believe in testing for hormome levels, she just says I'll know I'm done with menopause when I stop having hot flashes. I'd rather have a date to enter into my calendar so I'd know for sure when it's all done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    2poodles wrote: »
    But without having periods to go by, it's hard to judge where on the perimenopause/menopause continuum I am. My gyn doesn't believe in testing for hormome levels, she just says I'll know I'm done with menopause when I stop having hot flashes. I'd rather have a date to enter into my calendar so I'd know for sure when it's all done!

I also had a partial hyst., so I am with you on wanting a date to enter on my calendar!! I can't tell if it has started for sure or not....some days I have symptoms but other days I don't....I know I am sick of bringing extra shirts with me to work so if I flash all morning, I can change into something dry!!!!:thumbdown:
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • blyss_curlsblyss_curls Posts: 45Registered Users
    Mar wrote: »
    My list:
    heart palpitations
    fatique
    dry,itchy skin
    hot flashes

I thought I was in perimenopause (in my thirties), as I had some similar symptoms. My ob at the time wasn't helpful, nor was my family physician (one insisted I was too young for it, the other claimed everything was "in normal range.") Even though I felt minimized and dismissed by them, they did me a favor--they forced me to find answers myself.

Turns out I had several hormonal imbalances, which were derived from underlying endocrine issues (adrenal and thyroid).
    Left untreated one imbalance could have proved life threatening.

Had I not done research on my own, I never would have found out why I felt so awful, I would have continued to be reliant on a system that wasn't helping me, and I wouldn't have found the doctor I'm working with now (who rocks!)

I started with the Ann Louise Gittleman book (a nutritionist), Before the Change--Taking charge of perimenopause.

I found and read articles on the powersurge website. Eventually I found books by Richard Shames MD, Thyroid Power and Feeling Fat, Fuzzy and Frazzled. Also Adrenal Fatigue by James L. Wilson N.D., D.C., Phd.

Hope this is helpful.
    best,
    blyss :)
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,481Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thanks for the book recs, blyss! I'm off to amazon.com....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Hee-I have those books :)
    I am more annoyed at my symptoms than really suffering.
    It is an interesting journey to say the least.
    The weight thing is weird.
    My metabolism has definitely changed!
    I weighed the same from about age 18-40,so it sucks :(
  • SAM2SAM2 Posts: 76Registered Users
    I have the exact same list(im 43) , but add adult cystic acne to mine. what fun this is!!!! sam
  • VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users
    I have acne, too, though, thank goodness, it seems a little better over the past few months.

Acne and shorter cycles (27-29 days versus 30-35 days when I was younger) are my main symptoms. I've had a hot flash or two, but so far they haven't been a problem. I have occasional heart palpitations, but I could probably minimize those if I didn't consume so much caffeine.

I'll be 47 in November. I'm almost looking forward to missing a period just because I'm so tired of dealing with them. It's clear that time is marching on anyway, and continuing to have periods to continue seems like holding on to youth that is already lost.
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    Mar, are you exercising and taking vitamins? That's essential for me. I walk briskly and do yoga and hike occasionally. I take CoQ10, fish oil, E, and Black Cohosh and the symptoms that started stopped almost immediately after starting those vits.

I've gone almost 3 months between periods and now they're every 1-1/2 to 2 months.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was in perimenopause (with regular periods) for years and soy isoflavones helped with the flashes then (Nature's Way 100mg standardized soy isoflavones). Once I started not having periods I had to go to prescribed bioidentical hormones which have been a real saver for me. It's been one year since I am on them. My worst symptom was incredible fuzziness, forgetfulness and general confusion. It was affecting my job. I'm pretty close to menopause now (2 periods in 1 year but I think jumpstarted by hormones).
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    I am 47 with irregular periods and mild flashes (I call them warm flashes :) ). I've been taking pycnogenol for the flashes, and it really has helped.

However, my last period was about 2 months long, interspersed with a few "off days" here and there. So today I went to a compounding pharmacy and got an OTC 3% bio-identical progesterone cream. Pharmacist said it probably will help to regulate my cycle. I hope so! Flashes are one thing, but a 2-month period is a PITA.

If that doesn't help, the next step will be to see a physician who specializes in bio-identical hormone therapy. (I just don't feel comfortable about "big pharma" hormones.)
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • FeedYourHeadFeedYourHead Posts: 236Registered Users
    Let's see...

Irregular cycles (24-25 days, alternating with the occasional 31-32-day cycle, rather than 28-like-clockwork from age 12 to about 35);

Facial hair (I have a nightly date with Tweezerman :evil1: ).

And I'm 39.

But my mother was peri-menopausal at 38, so I guess I'm right on schedule *shrugs*
    Name: FeedYourHead's Hair

Description: 3A/3B/2C in the back, Botticelli, fine, thick, high porosity, CG since 2008

Likes: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser; Curls Coconut Curlada conditioner; L - Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea or Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing, O - coconut oil, C - Curls Creme Brule cream; FOTE AVG; honey; banana hair masks
    Dislikes: Silicones (:thumbdown:), Hairbrushes (:eek:) and harsh detergents (:protest:)
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    mandyv wrote: »
    Mar, are you exercising and taking vitamins? That's essential for me. I walk briskly and do yoga and hike occasionally. I take CoQ10, fish oil, E, and Black Cohosh and the symptoms that started stopped almost immediately after starting those vits.

I've gone almost 3 months between periods and now they're every 1-1/2 to 2 months.

I have ZERO motivation to exercise right now:(
    Last spring I started walking 2-3 miles every morning and felt fantastic.
    Can I bring myself to do it now?
    No.
    I need to find out what kind of vitamins to take ,too,because it seems like everything I take does something weired to me(rashes,diarhea,etc)

-Mother Theresa
    alacurl wrote: »
    I am 47 with irregular periods and mild flashes (I call them warm flashes :) ). I've been taking pycnogenol for the flashes, and it really has helped.

However, my last period was about 2 months long, interspersed with a few "off days" here and there. So today I went to a compounding pharmacy and got an OTC 3% bio-identical progesterone cream. Pharmacist said it probably will help to regulate my cycle. I hope so! Flashes are one thing, but a 2-month period is a PITA.

If that doesn't help, the next step will be to see a physician who specializes in bio-identical hormone therapy. (I just don't feel comfortable about "big pharma" hormones.)

I can relate to the discomfort w/big pharma. I am too.

Very sorry to hear of your two month cycle. That would suck, big time.

Have you considered having your hormones tested with saliva testing? It's offered through most compounding pharmacies and depending on your state of residence, usually without a doctor's prescription. You can take the test at home, mail it in and get the results mailed and/or e-mailed directly to you (or your pharmacist).

I only ask as it may be helpful for you to have a clear idea of where you are in terms of your cycle (perimenopause, menopause, etc.) and what hormones you are actually deficient in before you start bio-hrt treatment with an experienced physician. You never know, a hormone may be in excess.

Saliva hormone testing helped me so much, so I'm rather enthusiastic about encouraging others to take them--so please excuse me for that. :iconbiggrin:
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    Have you considered having your hormones tested with saliva testing? It's offered through most compounding pharmacies and depending on your state of residence, usually without a doctor's prescription. You can take the test at home, mail it in and get the results mailed and/or e-mailed directly to you (or your pharmacist).

Thanks for the tip! I had assumed (maybe incorrectly :)) that an M.D. would check my levels before prescribing bio-identical hormones. I don't think I would feel comfortable otherwise.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
    Mar, can you set up a treadmill in front of your tv? Or walk a mile every day? If you can't find the motivation, think of how you'll want to be feeling in 10 or 20 years, and get started now.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drweil.com%2Fdrw%2Fu%2FART00700%2Fmenopause-symptoms" class="Popup

"The other part of the equation is exercise. Ample evidence suggests that regular exercise prevents menopause weight gain. And at this time of life exercise is particularly important for a number of other reasons: weight bearing exercise such as walking can keep your bones and heart strong and also lower your risk of breast cancer. Regular physical activity may also help reduce hot flashes, counter depression, sharpen your thinking, and promote good sleep."

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drweil.com%2Fdrw%2Fu%2FQAA400276%2Fmenopause-weight-gain.html" class="Popup
    3c
    alacurl wrote: »

Thanks for the tip! I had assumed (maybe incorrectly :)) that an M.D. would check my levels before prescribing bio-identical hormones. I don't think I would feel comfortable otherwise.

Hi Alacurl,
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that a physician wouldn't check your levels. They would. They just may not utilize saliva testing (which is my personal preference).

In my case (and some others I've read about on the power surge website) imbalances didn't show up with serum (blood) testing. Saliva testing validated their symptoms and (mine), helping to diagnose exactly why they were so miserable--after they'd been dismissed by doctors when their blood work came back as "in range."

Everyone is so different, and you may be one of the one's whose imbalances are shown w/standard blood tests. :thumbright:

Saliva testing still isn't considered "mainstream." For some of the doctors that offer bio-hrt it is more standard (but not all).

I have the tendency to encourage every woman going through this period in their life (perimenopausal to menopause) to take the reigns, so to speak. Because I've heard far too many horror stories of women being mistreated or not taken seriously---or worse, offered Premarin.... :angry3: ). But I shouldn't assume negative treatment will be everyone's experience.

Best to you,
    blyss
    mandyv wrote: »

I have ZERO motivation to exercise right now:(
    Last spring I started walking 2-3 miles every morning and felt fantastic.
    Can I bring myself to do it now?
    No.
    I need to find out what kind of vitamins to take ,too,because it seems like everything I take does something weired to me(rashes,diarhea,etc)

Having reactions like this is cause for concern.

Feeling too tired to move is a very common complaint with endocrine disorders (thyroid, adrenals, etc.).

Have you had any of these checked? Or your hormones?

If not, you may want to (if you'd like to get a handle on what's going on). You sound really uncomfortable. A lack of motivation can stem from something legitimate that's lacking in your system...

Here's a few places to read (if you're interested).

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shareguide.com%2Ffrazzled.html" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stopthethyroidmadness.com%2F" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.power-surge.com%2F" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.womentowomen.com%2Fhypothyroidism%2Fsymptoms.aspx" class="Popup

Hope you get your symptoms checked out, asap--and get on the way to feeling better soon! (((Mar)))
    I had a hysterectomy at age 37, but ovaries were left. I was on tamoxifen for 5 years and used to get hot flashes while on that. I'm now 46 and am warmer than I used to be and get occasional hot flashes - but not as frequent nor as extreme as when on tamoxifen. But without having periods to go by, it's hard to judge where on the perimenopause/menopause continuum I am. My gyn doesn't believe in testing for hormome levels, she just says I'll know I'm done with menopause when I stop having hot flashes. I'd rather have a date to enter into my calendar so I'd know for sure when it's all done!

I don't know where your gyn gets the idea that when you're done with menopause you will stop having hot flashes. For me it was 10 years before the hot flashes stopped.
    I have head my thyroid checked numerous times,it is always normal.
    I used to walk every morning-I started last spring-and LOVED it.
    I walked FAST ,worked up a sweat,lost weight and felt GREAT.
    I know-why can't I do it now?
    I just can't get off my lazy ass,I guess.
    I would much rather sleep.
    In fact,I would rather sleep than just about anything these days.
    It would be nice to sleep at night,but of course,I am too hot and fidgety and can't shut my brain off,and toss and turn.....***** ***** *****.....I fall asleep a good 2 hours after my head hits the pillow.
    *sigh*
    I have talked to my doctors about this and have had tests and there isn't anything wrong with me other than I am slightly anemic.(I always have been)
    Last night I was lying in bed thinking "tomorrow I am going to get up ,get my son off to the bus stop and WALK!" I was SO motivated-at 10pm!
    This am,I crawled back under the sheets and slept 4 more hours.
    Thank you ,Blyss and Mandy,I am going to read the info you provided!

:)

-Mother Theresa
    Oh, mar, I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Do you take music with you when you walk? Would it help, or listen to NPR? Maybe if you do it semi regularly, it'll become a habit you look forward to.

Try to stay focused on how good you'll feel years from now if you do it now. And don't push yourself, walk whatever speed you want to, it's all useful.

Maybe you could use a couple of sessions with a therapist to dig deeper, or talk about menopause. Who knows what lurks in our minds! LOL
    3c
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users
    SuZenGuide wrote: »

I don't know where your gyn gets the idea that when you're done with menopause you will stop having hot flashes. For me it was 10 years before the hot flashes stopped.

OMG SuZen! 10 years--that is truly depressing!
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
    starina wrote: »

Yup, not kidding!

I never had a hot flash until the moment my period stopped dead (I was 46). HRT took care of the flashes for a couple of years, but then I went back off after the reports came out of the bad effects. Since then I've just had to suffer. They got less frequent after about 6 years. This year (the 10th) I am pretty much flash free.
  • curlyzancurlyzan Posts: 41Registered Users
    starina wrote: »

Yup, not kidding!

I never had a hot flash until the moment my period stopped dead (I was 46). HRT took care of the flashes for a couple of years, but then I went back off after the reports came out of the bad effects. Since then I've just had to suffer. They got less frequent after about 6 years. This year (the 10th) I am pretty much flash free.

My gyn told me the same thing -- that 10 years isn't that unusual. I had a complete hysterectomy in 1999. I still take natural estrogen troches sublingually but when I run out, the heat is back. In the last year the flashes have turned to flushes so there's hope.
    About 6 or 7 months ago I woke up, looked in the mirror and there was an entire other body attached to the front of mine and this one was full of cellulite. I didn't stop exercising -- just got old, I think. So between that and the word retrieval problem that comes with a loss of estrogen, aging pretty much sucks, you know?:disgust:
  • cara4curlscara4curls Posts: 336Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    "About 6 or 7 months ago I woke up, looked in the mirror and there was an entire other body attached to the front of mine and this one was full of cellulite. I didn't stop exercising -- just got old, I think. So between that and the word retrieval problem that comes with a loss of estrogen, aging pretty much sucks, you know?" - curlyzan

What kind of exercise are you doing? Reason I ask is because as one ages, one loses muscle mass unless one is doing a solid weight-training routine. This one reason why, say, someone who only runs or does aerobics faithfully for years will still gain a bunch of weight and body fat, because they haven't addressed the muscle issue. Cardio is great for your heart, endurance, but does nothing to maintain or increase muscle mass in the body. The cellulite issue is also because of the fact as one ages, the skin is less elastic and thins out with age, thus making underlying fat more visible. I'd be willing to bet if you got yourself to the gym, and also changed your diet to much less sugar and refined starchy carbohydrates, you will be able to shift your body composition to a firmer one. Granted, this takes longer when you're older, but it is definitely possible. Make most of your carbs vegetable and fruit ones, and add a bit of lean protein to your meals. If you do have starchy carbs, make them unrefined, like brown rice, oatmeal, squashes and tubers(like yams and carrots). Reason for avoiding refined, and even TOO many unrefined starchy carbs at this time is because our digestion changes such that these types of carbs tend to go to increased body fat instead of being used for energy the way they are in younger women and most men. Avoid alcohol too. I know there are people out there who say a glass of wine per day is fine, but for many of us, especially those at high risk of breast cancer, it is a total no-no. Also, it really messes with hormonal balance at this time of life as well.
    Hope this helps!
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
  • WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's a great website for all thing peri and menopause related: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.power-surge.com%2Fphp%2Fforums%2F" class="Popup
    cara4curls wrote: »
    What kind of exercise are you doing? Reason I ask is because as one ages, one loses muscle mass unless one is doing a solid weight-training routine. This one reason why, say, someone who only runs or does aerobics faithfully for years will still gain a bunch of weight and body fat, because they haven't addressed the muscle issue. Cardio is great for your heart, endurance, but does nothing to maintain or increase muscle mass in the body. The cellulite issue is also because of the fact as one ages, the skin is less elastic and thins out with age, thus making underlying fat more visible. I'd be willing to bet if you got yourself to the gym, and also changed your diet to much less sugar and refined starchy carbohydrates, you will be able to shift your body composition to a firmer one. Granted, this takes longer when you're older, but it is definitely possible. Make most of your carbs vegetable and fruit ones, and add a bit of lean protein to your meals. If you do have starchy carbs, make them unrefined, like brown rice, oatmeal, squashes and tubers(like yams and carrots). Reason for avoiding refined, and even TOO many unrefined starchy carbs at this time is because our digestion changes such that these types of carbs tend to go to increased body fat instead of being used for energy the way they are in younger women and most men. Avoid alcohol too. I know there are people out there who say a glass of wine per day is fine, but for many of us, especially those at high risk of breast cancer, it is a total no-no. Also, it really messes with hormonal balance at this time of life as well.
    Hope this helps!

That's inspirational, thanks.

I recently reintroduced oatmeal in the morning, real oatmeal, not the instant, and it keeps me fueled for a good 3-4 hours. If I can drop the sugar in my coffee, it would be a good thing.
    3c
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    My list:
    heart palpitations
    fatique
    dry,itchy skin
    hot flashes

I thought I was in perimenopause (in my thirties), as I had some similar symptoms. My ob at the time wasn't helpful, nor was my family physician (one insisted I was too young for it, the other claimed everything was "in normal range.") Even though I felt minimized and dismissed by them, they did me a favor--they forced me to find answers myself.

Turns out I had several hormonal imbalances, which were derived from underlying endocrine issues (adrenal and thyroid).
    Left untreated one imbalance could have proved life threatening.

Had I not done research on my own, I never would have found out why I felt so awful, I would have continued to be reliant on a system that wasn't helping me, and I wouldn't have found the doctor I'm working with now (who rocks!)

I started with the Ann Louise Gittleman book (a nutritionist), Before the Change--Taking charge of perimenopause.

I found and read articles on the powersurge website. Eventually I found books by Richard Shames MD, Thyroid Power and Feeling Fat, Fuzzy and Frazzled. Also Adrenal Fatigue by James L. Wilson N.D., D.C., Phd.

Hope this is helpful.
    best,
    blyss :)

Also, Suzanne Somers' book, Ageless saved my life. Breakthrough is her latest. I'm 50 and I've been on Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for 2 years.

I lost the weight, sleep 8 hours a night and no more night sweats. I won't even go into the moods things I was going through before. I thought I was losing my mind. Ladies, perimenopause can start in our early to mid-30s. I don't take any pharmaceuticals or OTCs either so what I put into my body is very important to me.

There are doctors out there who will help. You just have to find them. A good website to search for one is www.acam.org.

You don't have to suffer through perimenopause and be sick. The Ann Louise Gittleman books are excellent as well. Her Detox books helped me get started by giving me a great (and reasonable) way to detox my body before starting on this whole journey.

Sorry this was so long. This topic has become my passion...Good luck to you.
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• curlyzancurlyzan Posts: 41Registered Users
    "Reason for avoiding refined, and even TOO many unrefined starchy carbs at this time is because our digestion changes such that these types of carbs tend to go to increased body fat instead of being used for energy the way they are in younger women and most men."

Don't I know it!!! Thank you for the info. My exercise program meets all of the requirements. I know I need to change my diet -- need to get motivated. Usually the way I get there is to reach a certain level of disgust and then take the bull by the horns. Then when I get to where I want to be, I swear I'll never go back...:roll:
    bleh-feeling like crap again....
    I had gone to my dr for bad facial skin issues in Oct,got an antibiotic and cortizone cream and my skin cleared up.
    whew.
    When it started up again,and my allergist gave me a steroid pill(ugh-gained 5 lbs in a week)but my skin cleared up quickly.
    I have been working out and feeling GREAT the past couple of weeks.
    However-I finished the pills yesterday,and feel like crap all day today.I weigh about 6 lbs more than I did yesterday(I have been weighing myself at the beginiing of each month)my eyelids are "thick" itchy red and gross again and so is the skin around my mouth.
    I laid back down around 8am,and fell asleep until almost 2:00-I felt like I had been drugged!
    I am right back to square one-right where I was in early October.
    I still haven't had a period,but I thought I ovulated about 3 weeks ago,and was expecting something that never came....
    argh.
    I wanna tear my hair out!
    I feel so frustrated-I feel like I am falling apart!

-Mother Theresa

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file