no more poo

Ok, so I am going no poo. I read the sticky post about how to, I read the Curly Girl book, I have one question:
Is it necessary or recommended to clarify hair to get rid of old shampoo build up first?

What do you use? Baking Soda and...water?

Thanks!

p.s. I am really excited to start this!!! Especially because everything else I have read about and tried from this website gave amazing results!

Comments

• curlycue82curlycue82 Registered Users Posts: 92
    nevermind...I read a post from another newbie...now I have to find some sulphate shampoo.

:)
    wait, in the 'newbie to CG' post by LongDarkWavyHair, people say to clarify with sulfate shampoo...yet in other posts, people say don't use it.

?
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    It is best to use a sulphate shampoo to get rid of any product build-up prior to beginning CG. Any sulphate shampoo - that doesn't have any 'cones - will do.

I haven't seen the threads that say not to so I can't speak to it. Maybe baking soda or lemon would cut enough but I went with one final shampoo when I went CG.

Oh and good luck! Keep us posted on your progress. :)
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    Whatsercurl is right, sulfates are best.

In LongDarkWavyHair's case, she has been using products without silicones for years. We recommended using sulfates to get out any old silicones that may be there, but she was kind of hesitant.

Her's was a different case. If you have used silicones, you need a sulfate to get it out.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
    Thanks! I do have a sulfate shampoo, so I used that to clarify the 'cones out...

and did a co-wash today. I bought some Organix Tea Tree and Mint Conditioner (smelled yummy, and I use tea tree oil to clarify skin, so figured it was perfect for scalp) and I think I am going to like no poo.

Once I get the honey routine down, between that and no poo, I am hoping for my dream curls. LOL

Thanks again! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file