Info on Bio Softening for Curlies who may be interested

NaturallyCurlyVixenNaturallyCurlyVixen Registered Users Posts: 37
I wrote Christo from Christo 5th Ave about Bio softening because it seems like a very good treatment. I asked what exactly bio softening was and if it was a chemical. Before he wrote me all I knew was what was mentioned on his site which states: A unique blend of botanical extracts, conditioners, amino acids and proteins is added to this exceptional treatment, which makes thick, unmanageable and frizzy hair perform better. The results are softer and looser, and make beautiful locks that have lots of shine and great bounce without the bulkiness. Accept no imitations - this treatment has no substitute and is performed only at our salon. Starting at $300, and includes a [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curlisto-Deep-Therapy-Masque-p-111.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curlisto-deep-therapy-masque]Deep Therapy Masque[/buylink] Treatment. I'ts also a 1-2hr treatment depending on hair.

Christos responce to me when I asked if it was a chemical was this:

Dear Asia,

The Bio Softening is not a relaxer. It doesn’t have any chemical in it. It is permanent and softer on your curls. In order to maintain it to last long, you just have to use the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curlisto-Deep-Therapy-Masque-p-111.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curlisto-deep-therapy-masque]Deep Therapy Masque[/buylink] once a week. Then your hair will look healthier every time you do the process. It will last 3-6 months depending on your hair. We recommend free consultation before appointment.

Best Regards

Christo

How can it be permanent yet contain no chemicals and last 3-6 months? I was thinking it was like a silkener @ Ouidad or Curve which is just a relaxer with conditioner in it. But i guess not? I guess I'll have to go more into detail with my questioning if/when i do my consultation. If this treatment is for real then I will be first in line but i'll have to really do some research I dont want to go through another transition.
*~Asia~*
All natural for the second time since October 30, 2010 after cutting the last 3-4 inches of t-laxed hair. I am learning to love and style my curly 3C/4A hair without frying it with the flat iron :mrgreen:

My goal is to have BSL hair again in 18 months! I'm a PJ and always on the look out for my Holy Grail! :laughing6:

Comments

• ms.gms.g Registered Users Posts: 173
    honestly, i wouldnt do it. lasting 3-6 months and not supposedly permaneant and non-chemical? sounds funny to me. if youre really interested, try talking to other clients and hear about their experiences. it would suck to be fooled and having to transition all over again.
    all natural.

my head is full of naps, coils, kinks and thickness. :)

http://public.fotki.com/missg1013/
  • NaturallyCurlyVixenNaturallyCurlyVixen Registered Users Posts: 37
    Yeah Ms.G I was thinking the same thing. I mean it prob looks nice when u first get it but what are the long term effects of having it? Thats my real concern. Something just doesnt seem right to me. I was thinking it was sort of like a silkener by curve or ouidad but those stay in the hair for 5-8 minutes and this 1-2 hrs so i hav no idea what it is. If i decide to go for a consultation i will ask all of those questions and more, including what ingredients are in the stuff before i decide whether or not to do it.
    *~Asia~*
    All natural for the second time since October 30, 2010 after cutting the last 3-4 inches of t-laxed hair. I am learning to love and style my curly 3C/4A hair without frying it with the flat iron :mrgreen:

My goal is to have BSL hair again in 18 months! I'm a PJ and always on the look out for my Holy Grail! :laughing6:
  • SossoSosso Registered Users Posts: 12
    I NEED HELP!!! I have tried everything, all sorts of products, deep conditiong etc. Is there any one here that goes to curve salon and has a silkner. I have a silkner which I admit I like, my only dilemma is that I am not able to upkeep it in between touch up visits. I do do my hair i.e. treatments at home conditioning etc. But when my new growth comes in as early as two weeks, it starts to change, my hair becomes unmanageable and the different textures drive me insane. If any one out there has a silkner from curve salon, please email me your experience in maintaing your silkner in between vists.

[email protected]
  • JustJeulzJustJeulz Registered Users Posts: 8
    I don't about silkners but if you are interested in the Bio Softening, you should pm NaturallyCurlyVixen or go over to striagtening/relaxer becuase i know she put up a topic when she got hers done.

HTH,
    jeulz
    I posted pix of my hair. I have some before pix up there too. You'll see that the bio softener only loosens your texture it doesn’t change it. I'll post more pix- better ones of my hair when wet and dry. The pix I have posted are of it diffused dry. I'm still learning how to style it. I.e.: How much gel to use vs. strutura lotion, how long to diffuse it- etc. I'm getting better at it. It’s been a month since my softener and I'm still very happy with it. My only gripe is the length. My hair the way it is now and 6-8inches longer when dry would be perfect. :)
    *~Asia~*

• bubbles76bubbles76 Registered Users Posts: 288
    Isn't a silkener the same as a texturizer, which is only a relaxer left in for a shorter period of time? If it's a chemical, it's changing your texture, whether it's loosening it or making it tighter. You should probably move this topic to the relaxer forum, because posting it here may confuse transitioners.
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png
    I have softener not a silkener or texturizer. I have it posted on both forums and I was replying to Sosso. Also what I have in my hair is semi-perminant. I can already see my hair beginning to revert back to the way it was. It's not as loose as it used to be. When I say change the texture I mean make your curls fatter. All it does is stretch your curls out so u maintain the same curl pattern and curl volume. A more in depth post about it is located in the relaxing section for anyone who is interested. Oh and it's left on the hair for about 20-25 minutes not 2-5 like a texturizer.
    *~Asia~*

I have softener not a silkener or texturizer. I have it posted on both forums and I was replying to Sosso. Also what I have in my hair is semi-perminant. I can already see my hair beginning to revert back to the way it was. It's not as loose as it used to be. When I say change the texture I mean make your curls fatter. All it does is stretch your curls out so u maintain the same curl pattern and curl volume. A more in depth post about it is located in the relaxing section for anyone who is interested. Oh and it's left on the hair for about 20-25 minutes not 2-5 like a texturizer.

Sorry, meant to say softener. And I wasn't being sarcastic, I was really asking a question. I didn't see your post in the relaxer section (I never look there). So my apologies if I offended you Naturallycurlyvixen.

But the question is, what makes your hair more loose? The calcium hydroxide? I've read that clay can also make your hair more loose, but only until your next shampoo. A softener seems more permanent, like a relaxer. In fact, no lye relaxers contain calcium hydoxide. The active ingredient in depilatory creams is calcium hydroxide.

Is it the amount of calcium hydroxide that makes it different from a texturizer? Because the end result is the same: looser curls. It just seems (and I could be wrong, because I just found out last year what a texturizer was) that if you have a less amount of that chemical, you leave it in longer to achieve the same result as a texturizer, which seems to have more of that chemical so you leave it in for a less amount of time. And a relaxer must have more than either one, because it makes your hair straight.
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png
    Yeah you're right. It's the calcium hydroxide. It is definitely a chemical treatment. But only 4% of it is calcium hydroxide the rest of it is botanicals. The stylist told me that it would never get my hair as straight as a relaxer because it's too weak a treatment. I dont know how it is semi perminant. I think it's only somewhat semi-perminant. My hair definitely isnt as loose as it used to be but at the same time- it'll never completely revert back to the way it was.
    I am very sorry if I had an attitude before. I know you did not mean any offense at all. Again, I apologize that I took it the wrong way.
    *~Asia~*

• curlyplus2curlyplus2 Registered Users Posts: 105

NaturallycurlyVixen-

I see the difference, and your hair looks good. I got something similar (a mineral softener if what my stylist called it) and I am pleased. Your hair has grown so much! Your relaxed ends will be gone in no time. :D
    Hair Type: 3C Natural, 3B Relaxed. I'm transitioning!

Fotki Password: curly
    Yeah you're right. It's the calcium hydroxide. It is definitely a chemical treatment. But only 4% of it is calcium hydroxide the rest of it is botanicals. The stylist told me that it would never get my hair as straight as a relaxer because it's too weak a treatment. I dont know how it is semi perminant. I think it's only somewhat semi-perminant. My hair definitely isnt as loose as it used to be but at the same time- it'll never completely revert back to the way it was.
    I am very sorry if I had an attitude before. I know you did not mean any offense at all. Again, I apologize that I took it the wrong way.

That's okay :) I am completely ignorant when it comes to chemical processes. All I've ever gotten were relaxers, and I didn't know what was in them when I was getting them. Even though I'm natural, all this is still very new to me.

Errr....what's a mineral softener? :oops: Or maybe I should just do a google search and quit pirating this thread? :lol:

(off to google now)
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png
  • curlyplus2curlyplus2 Registered Users Posts: 105
    bubbles76 wrote:

That's okay :) I am completely ignorant when it comes to chemical processes. All I've ever gotten were relaxers, and I didn't know what was in them when I was getting them. Even though I'm natural, all this is still very new to me.

Errr....what's a mineral softener? :oops: Or maybe I should just do a google search and quit pirating this thread? :lol:

(off to google now)

Good luck on google. I haven't been able to find a thing about it online. It reacts the same as the product NaturallyCurlyVixen talked about though. Except I sat under the hair dryer for about 20 minutes with mine.
    Hair Type: 3C Natural, 3B Relaxed. I'm transitioning!

Fotki Password: curly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file