Premenstrual pimples...

shannon35shannon35 Registered Users Posts: 114
Ok ladies, I've got another question for ya. Is there anything that can be done to avoid premenstrual pimples? Every month I get my face all nice and clear and then BAM...pimples a couple days before my period! They're never the little ones either! They are always pretty big and they usually hurt. So is there something I can do in the days ahead of that "wonderful" time to help avoid this?
comic-p.jpg
3b curls fine/medium & porous (I think)
CO-WASH: Suave Naturals coconut
COND: Matrix Biolage cond. balm or
AOHR
ACV rince 1x wk
LEAVE-IN: Giovanni DLI, Matrix Biolage balm or Aura Cherry Almond Bark
GEL: HE set me up
SKIN: Purpose gentle cleansing bar

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Um...get pregnant?

Seriously, I think just good skin care all the time helps prevent hormonally-related breakouts. I don't get pre-menstrual breakouts anymore since I stopped using detergent cleansers and started using good-quality salicylic acid.

Some people will never be able to prevent acne with skin care...especially if it's cystic acne...and will need medical treatment. Accutane is the only true acne cure. Anything else just "controls" it.
  • shannon35shannon35 Registered Users Posts: 114
    HA! LOL! Pregnancy is not an option...got three and now I'm "spayed-n-neutered"! :)
    comic-p.jpg
    3b curls fine/medium & porous (I think)
    CO-WASH: Suave Naturals coconut
    COND: Matrix Biolage cond. balm or
    AOHR
    ACV rince 1x wk
    LEAVE-IN: Giovanni DLI, Matrix Biolage balm or Aura Cherry Almond Bark
    GEL: HE set me up
    SKIN: Purpose gentle cleansing bar
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    My zits got worse when I got pregnant!

And I've been using PSF for over a month now & my face is oilier & I have more breakouts. :(ETA1: Maybe it's the once to twice daily cleansing that's doing it? :? ETA2: I wonder if it's also the once to twice daily buffing pad causing my skin to respond with more oil production.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file