CurlTalk

Clarifying Shampoo equals good hair days?

KranberyKranbery Posts: 177Registered Users
I have been using Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo for a few months, and I notice that my hair is lighter and more defined when I use it and then condition. Can I use this shampoo more than once a week without it drying my hair out? What do you think?
Grow hair grow. People think you look funny at this length. :sad8:

Products:
Jason Tea Tree Shampoo
Jason Tea Tree conditioner
Cantu Shea Butter, Avocado/Rosemary oil
Egg Protein Treatments
Burt's Bees Shea and Grapefruit Conditioner
Hair, Skin and Nail Vitamins
Oyin Greg Juice

Comments

• KynnibKynnib Posts: 999Registered Users
    I wouldnt use that shampoo more than once a week. I wouldnt even use it once a week personally. Clarifying shampoos get rid of product build up and oil by using harsh sulfates. Using it every once in a while is good because your scalp does need to get rid of the build up but using it too often will rid your hair of the oil your hair needs to protect it and dry it out.
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
  • CuriousCoilsCuriousCoils Posts: 26Registered Users
    I agree with Kynnib. If you use it too often, the sulfates in that shampoo will badly dry your hair out. I have great hair days after I poo and condition too. You may want to try a gentler shampoo. I use Giovanni's 50/50. I love it! It is a non-sulfate clarifying poo. It probably is not as stripping but it works for me. I use it about once a week.
    4a Super tight Thick Coils
    BC - 4/06
    Loves: AOHR, Castor Oil, Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo & Condish
    Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCuriousCoils%2F" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i wouldnt use a clarifying shampoo on a regualr basis either, for the same reasons others have mentioned. i use kiss myface miss treated shampoo once a week and then i clarify using giovanni trip tea treat shampoo once a month. both are sulfate free.
  • KranberyKranbery Posts: 177Registered Users
    Thank you guys for your posts!!!. Can you recommend any commercial products that I would be able to buy at places like Wal-mart that I could use more than once a week that would give the same results?

Thanks.

P.S. Still confused about sulfates:sad8:

Products:
    Jason Tea Tree Shampoo
    Egg Protein Treatments
    Oyin Greg Juice
  • KynnibKynnib Posts: 999Registered Users
    Giovanni tea tree triple treat is a gentle sulfate free clarifying shampoo. Its sold at target and rite aid
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
  • KranberyKranbery Posts: 177Registered Users
    Well, yesterday I bought Burt's Bees More Moisture shampoo. I used it this morning, and it seems to work well; I like the fact that is almost 100% natural, so I can use it every other day without worrying about dryness. I guess shampooing just gets rid of that heavy feeling my hair has when I only co-wash.

Products:
    Jason Tea Tree Shampoo
    Egg Protein Treatments
    Oyin Greg Juice
  • afrodominican1afrodominican1 Posts: 650Registered Users
    I use the suave daily clarifying shampoo once a month to clarify. if i feel the need to shampoo i use the johnson and johnson baby shampoo. it doesnt leave my ahir feeling stripped or dry yet it is clean. HTH!
    BC: 2/16/08
    Second BC: 12/22/10
    Dreads!!! 2/16/2014
    Third BC:3/22/16
    Goal Length: waist length

Princess Tiara, Guardian of the Crystal Heart of the Indigo Seas, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders