CurlTalk

Live Clean products

KinkyPJKinkyPJ Posts: 297Registered Users
I recently tried this brand's Green Earth conditioner and I love love love it. It's works great as a detangler and as a deep treatment. Although I haven't tried it as a leave in, I'm sure it would be perfect if it were watered down a bit. This is my new HG!!! Yippee :blob7:, I have an HG product. Oh and did I mention that the smell is awesome. I bought it at SDM but check out their website for other retailers: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.live-clean.com%2F" class="Popup.
It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa

Comments

• NottyNotty Posts: 1,456Registered Users
    Yup I've tried their products, must admit I still stick to Sauve naturals....their price is much cheaper and the result the same.:toothy7:
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnotty6" class="Popup

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:
  • KinkyPJKinkyPJ Posts: 297Registered Users
    Notty wrote: »
    Yup I've tried their products, must admit I still stick to Sauve naturals....their price is much cheaper and the result the same.:toothy7:

I hear you but I got mine on clearance for $2/bottle. After using it the first time, I went back and cleared them out, lol. Love it.
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

• blueskyslisablueskyslisa Posts: 16Registered Users
    love it too!! I found it and love it, still trying new things as im new to CG but so far so good! I still have yet to try suave though
  • DeodandDeodand Posts: 159Registered Users
    I also like Live Clean. Something in Suave makes my sensitive scalp itch like crazy. Live Clean is also crude-oil product free, which I require.
    2B low porosity low elasticity fine texture
    I'm not CG - tried it and failed for two years. My scalp hates it.
  • CopaseticCopasetic Posts: 222Registered Users
    I love Live Clean! I have used mine as a leave-in plenty of times. I just put some in a mister bottle and used it when I needed some refreshing.
    co-wash: exact vanilla
    rinse out: tresseme naturals
    leave-in: giovanni direct leave-in
    stylers: kccc + he totally twisted mousse + coconut oil to sotc
  • truwavetruwave Posts: 39Registered Users
    I tired the Live Clean Strong Hold gel. Found it drying. Wouldn't use it again.
    2b, dry,high porosity, medium texture, high density

Low Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    Co-Wash: No Poo, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Condish: One C, LVPNG
    Leave in: KCKT
    Protein Treatment: K-Pac
    DT: Heavin in Hair
    Stylers: KCCC, HESMU

CG since Aug 09, I love my hair when I take the time to style it, I hate taking the time to do it.
  • KinkyPJKinkyPJ Posts: 297Registered Users
    truwave wrote: »
    I tired the Live Clean Strong Hold gel. Found it drying. Wouldn't use it again.
    Tried the gel and my hair rebelled. Now it’s in the bottom of my bathroom cabinet, so sad.

• curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 227Registered Users
    I haven't tried their styling products but love the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. So nice!!
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ! :confused2:
    For up to $10 off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KindredsTwin1983KindredsTwin1983 Posts: 347Registered Users
    I currently use Live Clean Argan Oil shampp from the Moroccan collection....I am in love!! Just a tad worked up a great lather and moisturized my hair nicely.
    Hair Type - 3c, with a touch of 4a and a touch of 3b

Favorite Detangler - Any conditioner with high amount of behentrimonium mehtosulfate

Favorite Leave-in Conditioners - Suave Coconut, Giovanni Smooth and Silk and Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Pantene Relaxed and Natural

Favorite Hair Moisturizers - Silk Elements Hairdress
  • nada101nada101 Posts: 125Registered Users
    I agree Live Clean products are really nice. There is also a new brand called Balea in Shoppers Drug Mart ... it has silicons in it but i just love their conditioner I got the Vanilla and Coconut and it smells amazing.
    Hair Stats
    Started Transition: March 2008
    Ended Transition: March 2010
    Transitioned for: 2 years

event.png
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Has anyone tried the Purple Jewel range for wavy/curly hair?

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• lovelovelovelovelovelove Posts: 257Registered Users
    Live Clean is so awesome!
    I've tried the argan oil smooth and shine cream and the fresh water intensive moisturizing leave in. The argan oil cream was abit light for me, but great under or on top of something creamier. It made my hair really soft. The fresh water leave-in was pretty good too, though I did have to put quite a bit of gel over it to have enough frizz control lol. I think I'll try it out again in the fall. I'd repurchase both products though.
    Ca m'a fait de la pé-peine!:love7:
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    I love the argan oil creme. It's too light on it's own but I mix it with my leave-in and it's all good. I want to try the other argan stuff.

I tried their leave-in once upon a time (blue line). I didn't like it.

I'm always looking for vegan hair care products that I can easily find (and that are affordable). Shoppers always has Live Clean on sale. I'm glad they exist!
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Posts: 404Registered Users
    I just got the Green Earth Conditioner on your recommendation and so far I like it.

I am very curious about their new Argan line but I couldn't find it in my local drugstore.

Live Green is the best line in the drugstore.
    3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
    Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
    Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
    Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
    DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.
    I have the argan oil cream myself, but I don't think it is all that, honestly. I think it maybe my hair shines more, but smooth? No way. Still as frizzy as ever. I did pick up the travel sizes of the Fresh Water (blue) shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo lathered well, but I did have that squeaky feeling. That said, the conditioner was nice and moisturizing and my hair does feel soft (I only added the argan oil cream, and have otherwise gone naked to try this). I admittedly used more shampoo than I would normally, and all over rather than just at the scalp, so it might not be as bad with lighter application. I still want to try the Purple Jewel line. The Fresh Water travel sizes are more like a sample to me.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• DaxDax Posts: 6Registered Users
    I've been using the Purple Jewel conditioner and love it! It moisturizes my hair really well, makes it feel soft and smells great. Shopper's has had it on sale for the past little while, so I might stock up. I use their leave-in conditioner as well, but might not buy it again only because I think that the Purple Jewel conditioner will suffice. I just got their argan oil treatment, and it made my dry hair super shiny, but I will hold judgment until I've used it for a little longer. It does get quite sticky as it dries, and I don't think I would want to use it while my hair was wet.

All told, I like that this is a Canadian brand, is plant based, doesn't contain sulfates and silicones and is eco-friendly. I've been happy with the products I've used so far and it's really well priced, especially if you can snag some products on sale!
    - Colour treated
    - 3a curls/fine texture/normal porosity

I'm just getting to really know my hair, and am in the beginning stages of CG. Cheers to that!
    :occasion5:
    Dax, have you used anything else from the Purple Jewel line like the wave enhancing mousse or spray?

• nandiknitsnandiknits Posts: 260Registered Users
    I LOVE the Live Clean Moisturizing conditioner as a co-wash. It's my favorite of all I've tried, but is not nearly enough moisture as a rinse-out for my very dry, coarse, porous hair.

I haven't seen any mention of the Exotic Nector Argan Oil oil treatment on the boards. I've tried it a few times, and I think I like it. Anyone else tried this? What do you think about it?
    CG since June/09
    3a/b extremely thick, coarse, porous
    Loving AOHR, Biolage Conditioning Balm, KCCC.:glasses8:
  • ro_74ro_74 Posts: 26Registered Users
    I just got the Green Earth Conditioner on your recommendation and so far I like it.

I am very curious about their new Argan line but I couldn't find it in my local drugstore.

Live Green is the best line in the drugstore.

I just saw the Argan line at walmart superstore (they seemed to have the entire live clean line) this past weekend and was contemplating it...after reading these posts I may have to go back and give them a try.
  • KarenRB53KarenRB53 Posts: 355Registered Users
    Do they have a volumizing line?
    3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
    KarenRB53 wrote: »

Yes. I think they do.

• angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    plunkybug wrote: »

Yes. I think they do.

It's called Live Clean, Clean Air Volumizing. There is a shampoo, conditioner and root volumizer. :icon_smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • KarenRB53KarenRB53 Posts: 355Registered Users
    angel29ish wrote: »

Yes. I think they do.

It's called Live Clean, Clean Air Volumizing. There is a shampoo, conditioner and root volumizer. :icon_smile:

I tried the Live Clean Volumizing and I like it. Didn't do much for volume but its nice.
    3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    They need to make their Argan Oil creme in bigger bottles!!!
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • snowgirlsnowgirl Posts: 23Registered Users
    Has anyone tried the Purple Jewel range for wavy/curly hair?

I am shocked at the amount of curl I got from this product. Using my Connair hot rollers, I got massive, glam curls yesterday and today, after a pineapple pony tail overnight, they are even BETTER! Thats why I came to the site to look up Live Clean and saw this post.
    I have used Suave in the past but no way did it give this much bounce. I even grabbed a mirror to check out the back and yup, curls all around.
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    for some reason the Purple Jewel range is almost impossible to find around me...I saw a few dirty bottles of the conditioner once but I never saw it anywhere else. None of the walmarts or rexall or SDM or anywhere else seems to carry this part of the Live Clean line, I wonder why?

update - well I managed to get my hands on both the Purple Jewel shampoo and conditioner. Wow! I let both sit for about 5 minutes on my hair in the shower and my hair really really seems to like it. I was amazed at the curl enhancement I got. In this stinking humid weather, I got some compliments on my curls even though the humidex here is 41 degrees celcius! I was planning on getting a hair cut soon because my hair was looking a bit scraggly and I had trouble getting reasonably consistent curls but I think I'll use Purple Jewel for a while to see if the results hold up.

I was looking to replace my Giovanni 50:50 and I'm pretty sure I've found it!

I think the 50:50 may be relegated to a few times a month until it is used up. So far, I recommend Live Clean Purple Jewel shampoo and conditioner.
    shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
  • Mitch1982Mitch1982 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Absolutely. Used it for about 2 years. Conditioner is great but watch if you have a sensitive scalp, found it made mine itch a bit so I just applied from about 1/2 way down my hair to ends.
  • turbulenceturbulence Posts: 11Registered Users
    I just bought Live Clean Professional Damage Therapy shampoo at SDM this week because it was on sale and it seemed CG friendly. I'm so glad I found this thread because it gives me some confidence in my ability to pick out CG friendly products when they aren't the most popular brands! Anyways, I really like the shampoo so far. I've used it followed by Tresemme Naturals as a RO.
    2a-2b, high porosity, high density, fine texture, medium length

Tried CG off and on but really want to make it work this time... as long as I can find a way to beat these high dews :icon_smile:
  • StrandalousStrandalous Posts: 5Registered Users
    I just started using the Bali oil Live Clean conditioner both as a co wash and to moisturize my twists mixed with water and an oil in a spray bottle. LOVING IT!!!!
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can't find my beloved Live Clean Purple Jewel Wave & Enhance shampoo and conditioner anymore. I only have 1 btl of each left. Anyone know where in TO i can get these?
    shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909